Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Have BHVR devs ruined DBD for survivors?

13»

Comments

• JudithMorel
    JudithMorel Member Posts: 562

yes, they have been killing survivor rapidly each new update, you new here?

• TheSubstitute
    TheSubstitute Member Posts: 2,436

It's gotten worse in my opinion. Solo queue has always had horrible mess ups that's just part and parcel of solo queuing which I accepted long ago.

The tightening of MMR has, in my opinion, been one of the major factors in causing this situation as MMR encourages meta tactics more and more the more it is tightened. As it's only based on kills and escapes most Killers don't even try to play around but bring tons of gen regression and tunnel as that's the most efficient way to 4K.

I'm not criticizing the players that do so as games are so fast paced, another side effect of tightening up MMR, that increases tunneling as a way to slow down games. However, if BHVR is going to take measures that have the side effect of increasing tunneling they need to change something so that survivors have more ways to avoid being tunneled.

I'd prefer a rework that incentivizes spreading hooks but, until that happens, DS should be reverted to 5 seconds and occur on both hooks to help reduce the incidence of tunneling.

• HerInfernalMajesty
    HerInfernalMajesty Member Posts: 1,512

Survivor is OP atm

• cheetocultleader
    cheetocultleader Member Posts: 1,259

I don't think it's "ruined", though I do think certain killers are a bit broken for solo's -- like Skull Merchant, or Sadoka with the best add on's and perks to accompany. Mostly it feels about 50-50 for me. Win some, lose some.

What I hope is BHVR actually maintains balance and doesn't over favor one side or the other. Survivors haven't gotten much lately that isn't lack luster perk wise. Sometimes it feels like they nerf things for the sake of it being strong as well; to shake up the meta or quail complaints. Curious to see what they do to Adrenaline, since I can't see how it's OP -- one time use perk that you have to make it to end game for it to be useful. There are ones I agreed with though, like old DS, where there wasn't much you could do to avoid it without waiting out a minute.

• Hexling
    Hexling Member Posts: 657

Just quit playing to escape and just meme on the killer that's all you can do in solo q these days there's really no point in trying unless you want a game that is going to make you burn out from sweating.

• Snowbawlzzz
    Snowbawlzzz Member Posts: 1,419
    edited March 2

Why do you think it's ok for a perk to make someone run equal speed to the killer?

They don't show in the stats because 110 speed killers aren't very popular, but there shouldn't be a perk that completely neuters them just by having it.

• Snowbawlzzz
    Snowbawlzzz Member Posts: 1,419
    1. What is your issue with STBFL, a perk that is useless on high-tiers and good on low-tiers?
    2. I hit the gen kick limit every game if I run surge or eruption
    3. Even at max stacks, thana was just a little bit of slowdown. 16% isn't a lot.
  • DreamSequins
    DreamSequins Member Posts: 6

Yes.

• KerJuice
    KerJuice Member Posts: 1,865

We are- we place the blame on Matchmaking for prioritizing shorter que times over quality matches. Doing the opposite would minimize the desire to lobby dodge/shop.

• RpTheHotrod
    RpTheHotrod Member Posts: 1,855
    edited March 5

I've found it fairly easy as a survivor even as solo queue unless it's vs a nurse/blight/legion. If the other people are also solo, then we might be in trouble, but if I'm the odd one out, I can hold my own and work with the team just fine. I do mostly play killer, to be transparent, but I do my fair share of survivor, as well. It's just fun being that solo queue survivor that ends up being a team player to the surprise of those 2 or 3 man swfs.

• Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,862
    edited March 6

The blame isn’t on matchmaking; it’s on players who tailor a specific experience for themselves by lobby shopping. And that still isn’t really something survivors do easily, unlike… killers.

• Sava18
    Sava18 Member Posts: 2,439

Ignore this person^ they are the most survivor biased individual on the forum :).

• KerJuice
    KerJuice Member Posts: 1,865
    edited March 6

My first two posts (especially my first) place blame on the matchmaking. I already stated in my first post I am not a fan of lobby dodging. Fix the matchmaking so mid-tier players can play with similar skilled teammates and killers. New players who ragequit when they get put up against 3K+ hour killers are not learning anything, and it’s not fair for mid-tier teammates having to endure both type of players in the same trial. I shouldn’t be subjected to both, especially when the old ranking system was more consistent with fairer matches. I rather wait 10 mins to get into a game with every single player having similar skill on both sides, as opposed to getting into a lobby within 2 mins, only to have masked meg in default clothes be my teammate to face off against Flaming hot Cheetos on the keyboard, Blight. Then she kills herself on first hook out of frustration, because it’s her third Lethal Pursuer user in a row who’s downed her within the first minute. Yea, she’s learning alright…

Blame is on the matchmaking.

• Katzengott
    Katzengott Member Posts: 1,210

You mean all the survivors handholding they added so they don't need as much skill, learn and improve anymore? 100%.

• Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,862

Matchmaking still has to work with what’s available. While most people fall into low to mid MMR, killers specifically have a much easier time artificially increasing their MMR, whereas survivors have a much harder time doing this. So when a killer sees a lobby they perceive to be difficult (high prestige survivors, certain cosmetics/names/items), they’ll abandon that lobby and leave it to be backfilled by someone else. And when this happens multiple times—because it does—in a single lobby that’s when you’ve got inexperienced players facing experienced players. Matchmaking does not account for backfilling or lobby shopping. The problem isn’t matchmaking per se; it’s people warping it by ######### up lobbies. I could ask you, what about matchmaking makes it the problem? And you’d have to admit it doesn’t work because of lobby shopping.

• ThanksForDaily
    ThanksForDaily Member Posts: 1,304

They surely did. Survivors don't have a single perk or 4 meta perks that is nearly close to strength to a killer meta build.

• JustAnotherNewbie
    JustAnotherNewbie Member Posts: 1,941

I think certain killers while professing lobby dodging is a problem like the control over their games it allows them to have. It's also why their solution often involves nerfs to gen speed to slow the game down , so they basically still have control on how to play out the match. If they see the survivors are bonobos they can adjust accordingly, and if they are playing against sweaty survivors they might have more of a chance to adjust, but they don't wanna allow this much control to survivors and it's why they don't like the idea of survivors knowing. The want the flexinility without giving the other aide anything in return and think survivors shouldn't have control over anything.