We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

The Unknown and The Entity

Options
A_Can_Of_Air
A_Can_Of_Air Member Posts: 1,994

This is a very interesting relationship.

When we look at Dredge, the end of its tome doesn’t make it clear where it went. Did it go back to its own realm and get taken by the Entity later? Was it taken then? Is it from the Entities realm originally? Who knows.

The Unknown on the other hand, gets taken by the Entity during one of its “hunts”. The victim just so happens to be thinking of the Entity and the Unknown at the same time, which conjures them both and the Entity decides to take The Unknown instead of the person being spoken of In the lore.

What I find interesting here is that The Entity was clearly after the person thinking about them, just like The Unknown was, but both of them stumbled upon each other. The Unknown is written as being startled by the Entity and cries for help. Not the fake kind of help to lure victims, but an actual cry for help.

What’s interesting is that while The Unknown is clearly a powerful Entity with unknown origins, “The Entity” is a much stronger being and took advantage of a unique situation to bring another “Killer” into its realm, totally disregarding the survivor that likely summoned its interest.

The lore of this chapter and its implications really interests me, just like Dredge’s lore.

Comments

• Smoe
    Smoe Member Posts: 2,466
    edited February 21
    Options

I'm not entirely sure if Olivia thinking of The Entity really was the cause for it to appear, to me it seems more like that it was moreso drawn to The Unknown's presence and the timing was just coincidentally right, it's possible that it was still looming around since it already took both Mikaela and Sable in rather short time spans from one another, although if she did summon it through her thoughts alone, then that's the first time that has happened.

Also given that The Entity is a cosmic eldritch horror, i don't think any kind of creature of origin from any terras are strong enough to contest it in terms of power and that the only ones strong enough at it's own level or higher are other eldritch horrors in general, like some of the ones from the Lovecraft Country mytho possibly.

I expect Unknown's tome to revolve around Olivia's descension into the fog through the portal (and soon to be overlap) left by The Entity's presence which The Unknown will be coming after her inside the fog.

I am curious what Dredge's tome could be since it doesn't even have one yet.