If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Mount Ormond Resort (Ormond)

Options

Comments

• FoxvanMR
    FoxvanMR Member Posts: 21
    Options

Two deathzones near the main building, then too much stuff on the edges. Also Killer spawn on the main building is really bad, the survs spawn on the two sides splitting up, amking very hard to get a good start (sometimes).

• Exxodus21
    Exxodus21 Member Posts: 1,170
    Options

Overall the map is a little too big and the main building is too strong for survivors.

• Donleov
    Donleov Member Posts: 117
    Options

Too big. Some rngs can be brutal. Main has 2 god pallets and 2 god windows that face, some times, 2 filler pallets that lead to shack. Brutal to m1 killers but good for ranged ones.

• TripleStryke
    TripleStryke Member Posts: 59
    Options

It can be balanced if you're a stronger killer with mobility, but if you're anyone else it pretty heavily favors survivors. The gen spread is just far too wide for the slower killers to patrol and there can be a lot of strong pallets chained on the outer ring of the map.

• jorgito01
    jorgito01 Member Posts: 3
    Options

I think it’s fairly balanced I love how it feels less big good sized map in my opinion

• MechWarrior3
    MechWarrior3 Member Posts: 1,470
    Options

It’s not awful for killers that’s for sure, but I think it does favor survivors a bit more. I do enjoy the map overall.

• WhoSoup
    WhoSoup Member Posts: 152
    Options

I hate this map. It's massive and the color scheme makes scratchmarks hard to see. The map is just full of awful loops, including main building. Typically when playing this map, you already know exactly where a survivor is going to run five minute in advances but there's nothing you can do about it. The snowcat with the god pallet which just eats and extraordinary amount of time. The main balcony with the god loop. The broken window drop with the god pallet in main. The god window that drops down to the bar window. You can't mindgame any of them, they're just obnoxious and every survivor knows about them by now. If that wasn't enough, there's also shack, maze tiles, and a lot of really strong filler loops.

This is one of the maps that survivors send me to a LOT.

• GRONZ1
    GRONZ1 Member Posts: 6
    Options

I didn’t like the change in the few palettes, and besides, the killer can easily bypass them with the current bloodlast

• RushedPhenomTTV
    RushedPhenomTTV Member Posts: 7
    Options

The reason this map feels survivor sided is because of the size. Gens are spread, sometimes unevenly, on a way that sets up a mid game that feels lost after possibly successful chases in the early game.

On the other end, dead zones are easy to create. This map definitely has the issue of pallets that must be broken vs pallets that should never be broken. Having a better mix of loops would make this map better. I have over 4k hours though so I'm the minority.

• DiemandZiWolf
    DiemandZiWolf Member Posts: 5
    Options

Ormand is just the right size and as Survivor I haven't had many games with terrible gen spawns, everything has felt good on Ormand. The jungle gyms feel balanced and fun to use. I think the only problem I have with this map is the area behind the ski resort, extremely open.

• Alex_
    Alex_ Member Posts: 143
    Options

a bit too big. maybe there could be one or two filler pallets less. because in the areas with fillers only there are quite a lot of them

• Thund3rstruck57
    Thund3rstruck57 Member Posts: 240
    Options

All the daytime maps like Ormond (and Coldwind, Saloon, Garden of Joy, Eyrie of Crows, etc.) need their skyboxes changed to night to bring back the creepy atmosphere. Also, give Swamp its much needed graphical rework. That's my feedback.

• SolidRazo
    SolidRazo Member Posts: 86
    Options

Overall I think map is or pretty balanced overall it’s great to play because of easy on the eyes it is and how much you can see and how open it is. The only real complaint I have with the map as survivor is the building in the corner of the map next to the sign is very unsafe unless you’re using balanced and as killer it’s just slightly too big could be shrunken slightly on the bottom half of the map.

• Kurtious1105
    Kurtious1105 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1
    Options

Feels balanced. I love this map, but i feel like those rock loops on the side of main are very unsafe, most pallets feel unsafe except for jungle gyms

• Payndora
    Payndora Member Posts: 16
    Options

I feel like there are too many deadzones on the map or a lot of zones with very unsafe pallets. So maybe decrease the size of the map a bit to get rid of the deadzones and add 1 or 2 more safe pallets in?

• Hex_Ignored
    Hex_Ignored Member Posts: 1,598
    Options

the table/snow pile filler pallets might as well not exist as they serve no purpose. They are only there so people can say "oh this is not a total dead zone, you have one whole pallet there". Otherwise the map is ok.

• jonifire
    jonifire Member Posts: 1,437
    edited February 29
    Options

Ormond is one of the bigger maps, which has pretty bad loops. It is only fair for survivors, when the killer isn‘t fast, otherwise you can‘t really do much. I don‘t like, that you put a hook in the upper floor of main.

Post edited by jonifire on
  • Seth0194
    Seth0194 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1
    Options

This map feels a little open. As a killer I love it, playing Survivor I'm always like RIP.

• Rick1998
    Rick1998 Member Posts: 85
    Options

The only real issue for me is seeing scratch marks in the snow. When playing on this map is like there are just no scratch marks to follow. This is specially true on my console acct.

• PaulieEsther
    PaulieEsther Member Posts: 71
    Options

I think it needs a golden toolbox? 🤔

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,410
    Options

Ormond is okay overall but it’s a little too big which makes it lean towards survivor a bit.

I don’t really have any problems with it other than that.

• vellevb
    vellevb Member Posts: 1
    Options

Not anything related to gameplay, but I truly wish this map especially was still night mode, or at least had two versions (either day or night) if anything. I miss when a lot of the maps were gloomier, not just in the sense of darker but just more centered around nighttime. I feel like this atmosphere has been lost totally with maps when some of them were changed/released. Forsaken Boneyard, Nostromo Wreckage, Toba Landing, The Shattered Square, Garden of Joy, Grave of Glenvale, Coldwind Farm and Ormond, but really most maps, lack that horror atmosphere because of the lighting.

On gameplay aspect, I feel like Ormond is pretty balanced most of the time, except maybe a little survivor-sided when it comes to the size for killers with no real map traversal.

But, please bring back the horror atmosphere that the game had on release! I know so many people miss that when it comes to recent cosmetic and design choices 😢 Like all the neon stuff isn't screaming horror

• AG0323
    AG0323 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 2
    Options

too many breakable walls in main building

• Jasonwthe1st
    Jasonwthe1st Member Posts: 1
    Options

The map’s day time setting is great. I feel as though the tile spacing leaves a lot of room for killers to take advantage of.

• FunkyMonk
    FunkyMonk Member Posts: 10
    Options

Horrible for Dredge. Add more lockers please.

• MrDrFeesh
    MrDrFeesh Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 3
    Options

One of the more balanced maps. It’s a bit hard on certain killers like dredge, but it’s very fun to play on.

• korrok
    korrok Member Posts: 1
    Options

It's very big and the gens are very spread out, so it's tough for low mobility killers. The main building is pretty strong too.

Loading into this map as Deathslinger makes me wanna cry.

• NeasStinkySock
    NeasStinkySock Member Posts: 3
    Options

I love Mount Ormond. Many of the filler pallets are unsafe while there are also a few strong tiles. The gen spread is decent. I've had many good games on this map as both killer and survivor. I wish nothing changes about it!

• BritneyMitch
    BritneyMitch Member Posts: 131
    Options

This map is problematic for people like myself with tritanomaly color blindness. I usually dodge it in solo que as even with filters it is a struggle to see. Specifically vs the winter ghost face skin or anything blue or white to be honest.

• identikit
    identikit Member Posts: 1
    Options

I can't really pick between "survivor sided" and "balanced" because it feels somewhere in between. There's too many strong tiles towards the edge for such a big map, and nerfing those tiles or shrinking the map would be perfect. Still, I also wouldn't be upset if the map just stayed as is.

• IlISage
    IlISage Member Posts: 2
    Options

The back side where you can window vault behind the counter, that side can be a bad dead zone if the pallets are gone. It happened to me just yesterday, randoms dropped every pallet over there and when I had to do a gen alone against wraith I’d either take a hit cause I couldn’t get to the window in time or I’d be beaten to the next gym. The rest of the map is lovely. Good loops for each side.

• Trustme101
    Trustme101 Member Posts: 1
    Options

I feel like a few more looping spots could be removed and main building could lose some dead zones.

• William043
    William043 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 3
    Options

Killer main here and wondering why survivors with troll builds always try to bring me here and then they get cooked lol. Is it supposed to be survivor sided? Anyway, I don't like how bright and unscary this one is. At least make it difficult to see because of a snowstorm or something.

• OddChain
    OddChain Member Posts: 3
    Options

I think that the map is good, however the gameplay can be quite uninteresting in certain areas due to the amount of filler pallets. There are lots of filler pallets on the sides of the map which can't be intertwined with much or looped for long, which leads to a "stun and run" kind of gameplay. Ideally, the loops should have more survivor-killer interaction and be more interesting to play around rather than simply getting a stun and running, taking 50/50s or being bloodlusted until the areas becomes deadzones. These loops should be riskier to play, but also more interesting.

As for the map as a whole, I think there should be more LOS blockers and hiding spots. I can imagine killers like dredge struggling with such open areas, whereas killers like nurse and huntress will thrive because they have constant sight on the survivors. Perhaps adding some broken engines/scrap on top of a few rocks could help this, possibly with lockers next to them. Maybe try experimenting with the position of the main building and moving it away from the middle.

• LordOctopussie
    LordOctopussie Member Posts: 5
    Options

I do wish the map was slightly smaller, but my main gripe with the map is that it's daytime, when this map during night was much more atmospheric.

• Vybe404
    Vybe404 Member Posts: 3
    Options

The overall mix of loops is quite pleasant to play, smaller rock loops for 50/50s as well as connecting into better loops (gyms, snowcat, main). What makes this map a little unfavorable for select killers in my opinion is the way it's wide open. Many gens are wide in the open and let you see an approaching killer from 30+ meters away, making any undetectable or oblivious much less efficient than maps that have other LoS blockers. I would say Ormond is similar in loop structure to Coldwind, but lacking the corn, so it's easy to see a ghostface or myers approach and start running to a better loop early, wasting a lot of the killer's time following. I love it thematically though! Especially around christmas time :)

• drwilburdaffodil
    drwilburdaffodil Member Posts: 99
    edited March 1
    Options

Overall a balanced map, but it feels too large for the less mobile killers. Whilst the size is roughly the same as the other maps listed (both Yamaoka's), the large main in the middle makes reaching point A from B a pain for the lower mobility killers and makes the map lean survivor sided IMO.

Post edited by drwilburdaffodil on
  • IvanCornelius
    IvanCornelius Member Posts: 4
    Options

This is the #1 survivor map offering I see; that alone should tell you who it favors.

• NotJared
    NotJared Member Posts: 383
    edited February 29
    Options

Since the Ormond rework in Alan Wake's midchapter patch, I think Ormond has felt much better to play on for both sides! There are still some difficulties, though.

The addition of a hook on the 2nd floor of main is very welcome, but Killers can block the doorway to the room in endgame to prevent hook rescues entirely (unless that's been changed and I haven't noticed).

Previously, I would have instantly said that Ormond felt very Survivor-sided. Thanks to the rock in front of Main Building being broken up, it feels much better to play on and to patrol gens as Killer. That said, when the Killer is leaving main there are still many huge, open sightlines. These sightlines give Survivors plenty of heads-up to start pre-running, especially in the front of the building.

This is a similar issue to on-release Borgo: The map was quite open, giving survivors plenty of time to leave early and get ready and set up in a strong position.

If anything, I think the map needs more line of sight-blockers around/in front of Main, or some reduced visibility.

Main Building feels much more manageable on Killer if you break all the doors. However, there are many doors and this takes valuable time.

I will admit that there are many pallets on the sides of Main, however, that's the fun part about pallets: Once they're depleted, they're gone forever. Survivors have much more difficulty traversing from one side to the other late-game, but I think that's alright as main is still decent even without the pallets on the side of the map up. I think the pallets on the map, while initially strong, are fine.

Shack also feels really strong for Survivor on this map with certain adjacent spawns; if shack gen is done and shack pallet is still up late-game, it's easily a go-to resource for many Survivors that's not worth chasing at as Killer for it's often out of the way from anything else on the map. At the same time, should any nearby resources be depleted, shack would become an absolute deadzone, making camping Shack Basement extra strong.

Shack Basement on Ormond is one of the strongest basements to camp in the whole game, I feel, due to how removed Shack is from the rest of the map. Especially if the connecting pallets to shack or towards Main are depleted, escaping basement on Ormond Shack can be an absolute nightmare. Even if a Killer is not camping basement, Shack is built into a little nook in the map, making it further away from the rest of the map and the Killer can thus easily corner Survivors back into basement should they make a head back towards shack.

What I think would help both sides is if Shack was nudged out from the little nook that the map has carved out for it. I hate to see maps lose unique shapes, but the little nook carved out for shack makes it so far away from any other resources worth patrolling, while reliably containing a strong structure for Survivors to run that is far away from anything, and also being one of the most punishing corners of the map to go down in.

I think in some ways the map could feel much better as Killer and much less punishing on Survivor to be hooked in Basement should it be changed from this:

To this:

HOWEVER, I recognize that squishing out the back nook of the map would bring all the tiles on that wall behind main closer together, making them even stronger as a whole and even stronger to chain together the 2 maze tiles in the back. This creates a whole different set of problems.

I think the size of the map (should the nook be squished out) is actually okay; Extra space should appear somewhere else should the shack's nook be squeezed out to keep ample distance between tiles and to keep the map feeling like it has a unique shape, such as:

I don't know what the right solution is, but it's my experience that many games can go south quite easily on Ormond with the time wasted chasing at Shack or with a strong camping scenario in Shack basement.

Gameplay-wise, Blight collisions on the snow piles are impossible, and even though the shapes of some objects were changed with the recent rebalance sometimes as Survivor I do feel like I'm still tripping over my toes on short snow piles. But these are more minor issues plaguing the map that I think can be fixed more easily.

• tparadise
    tparadise Member Posts: 37
    Options

The map used to be pretty balanced until y'all added all that awful clutter.

• TheFishChampion
    TheFishChampion Member Posts: 3
    Options

Make the map smaller and I think it'll be great. Survivors would have the loops less spread out so less deadzones and weaker killers would be able to traverse it effectively.

• LSDoneal
    LSDoneal Member Posts: 5
    Options

The rework felt absolutley unnecessary. Map was fine before and it's still just fine. It's "survivor" sided, but honestly not really. It's one of the better balanced maps IMO.

• DrRiku
    DrRiku Member Posts: 15
    Options

The loop design feels fair on both sides. I just wished the map was a little smaller on either the top side or bottom.

• Demonbrant
    Demonbrant Member Posts: 19
    Options

I feel like the tiles in general are nice, but the map is just way too big, and now theres too many fillers with the new version of ormond.

• foggyheaded
    foggyheaded Member Posts: 9
    Options

Way too many dead zones.

• friskyface
    friskyface Member Posts: 5
    Options

I agree here this it is an overall well balanced map, slightly leaning survivor. However, that’s not a bad thing. Maps like The Game and Midwich slightly lean killer (in my opinion). You’ll always have maps that slightly lean one way.

• GRONZ1
    GRONZ1 Member Posts: 6
    Options

Ну что могу сказать то 60% палеток находится 2 стволовых камнях это означает что там мечтательные убийца хорошо себя показывает ещё чаки и ксенаморф по этому их нужно повыше сделать и немножко длинными так чтоб убийца не догнал сурва без кровожадности а то из убийц ни кто не ломает такие палетки а накапливает 1 кровожаность и гоняет сурва

• stepbroMuddy
    stepbroMuddy Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1
    Options

There is no reason to continue changing maps that don't need to be changed. It still stands that badham, garden of joy, Haddon field, eryie of crows, and rpd are the most problematic maps. Even if a map is reworked it doesn't mean it's in a good state.

• concubined
    concubined Member Posts: 140
    Options

Within BHVR's new survey to the community regarding the balancing of maps there are 3 voting options (survivor sided, balanced, killer sided) consisting the both of the Yamaoka maps and Mount Ormond.

I'm happy to see they're reaching out and interacting with the community and that they’re aware maps can tend to favor a side though I'm unsure if they have their focus in the right places. I haven't personally seen any complains about the Yamaoka maps, Ormond I understand as it has a history of being problematic but there are maps with much higher amounts of outcries from the players, like on twitter I see complaints about Toba Landing quite frequently, and on YouTube killers always sigh out loud when they see a Gideon or Borgo offering, and I haven't seen any positive comments about the Alien's map.

Me personally, I don't know how Badham's main building's boiler room doesn't have a hook down there yet, there shouldn’t be any spot where if a survivor go down they’re free from being hooked, and while we’re at that Badham is such a pain for killers. And Lery's center room please tone down the volume specially when center gen is done as a Spirit player I die a bit everytime I have be there and on the topic off sounds I dislike the new maps they’ve been pumping out because they’ve been tryna get fancy with it by adding unnecessary sound effects like on Toba anywhere on the map there are sound effects, love that they’re trying to pay attention to details but gameplay wise it’s so harmful, at least to me. If in the past they’ve implemented color blind assists for player’s vision health I don’t see why they can’t also care about player’s echoic health. And on the edge of every map, why are there entity sized breathing noises, I’m trying to listen. Sorry this kinda have turned into a rant but I’m speaking my truth. I miss simple OG maps like autohaven or Macmillan ones, the new ones doesn’t even look DBD anymore, I wish they would focus more on the horror aspect of the game when creating maps and of course balance, not “we only care about the aesthetics when making maps” (Garden of joy) 

I’m interested in hearing about your different opinions on different maps, which one do you hate playing at? Which one do you love and why? Discuss with one another in the comments and let me know if you relate or agree to the points I’ve made. Have a good day everyone.

This discussion has been closed.