Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Grim Embrace

Not really a question or anything but... man... grim embrace is really annoying as a survivor lol

Comments

• joel84
    joel84 Member Posts: 234
    edited February 27

What are you trying to say with your post? Grim Embrace is annoying thats true, but as long as this perk isn't OP, it's all good

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,862

I tend to agree. I don't know how I feel about it balance wise right now. But at the very least I know it isn't enjoyable as a survivor.

• Spare_Them_Mori_Me
    Spare_Them_Mori_Me Member Posts: 1,421
    edited February 27

GE is kind of overtuned when combo'd well. But as long as FTP+BU remains viable, this should stay imo.

• WolfyWood
    WolfyWood Member Posts: 451

It's boring but I don't feel like it's that effective. I wouldn't mind it leaving the meta. I dislike gen perks in general.

• Exxodus21
    Exxodus21 Member Posts: 1,170

It's not bad at all. At first I didn't like it pairing with DMS, but as long as you let go of the gen before the killer hooks, like you do for the Pain Res/DMS combo, and let GE run it's course you won't have to deal.with DMS at all.

• Vorahk08
    Vorahk08 Member Posts: 265
    edited February 28

I think it's fine on its own, or paired with at most one other gen regression/blocking perk. Grim Embrace only works 12 seconds per first hook, until all survivors are hooked, then the killer gets 40 seconds. That's 76 seconds, or 1 minute and 16 seconds of total gen blocking. It also only works completely if the killer gets every survivor on a hook. It'd be fine with, say only Pop or only Pain Res, because the killer is only getting gen slowdown on hooks, and the killer would need either have a limit on their slowdown with Pain Res, or they would need to use their Pop well.

The problem is the fact that killers can run 4 slowdowns at a time right now. First a Pain Res explosion, then blocked by Grim Embrace, which is then extended by DMS, and finally a Pop for good measure. It's too much.

Also, I'm not entirely sure the DMS combo is intended.

Edit: Edited for clarity.