If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Have you ever try to 4K against a decent team?

Options
C3Tooth
C3Tooth Member Posts: 7,956

But Yui got a better one.

Comments

• MaTtRoSiTy
    MaTtRoSiTy Member Posts: 1,734
    Options

Thing is, RNG is such a big factor in DBD and when skill levels are matched it really can go either way. Of course one stupid mistake can cost a team the entire game, same for killer for that matter. To state the bleeding obvious lol

• C3Tooth
    Options

With 60% kill rate, the win rate is always higher than lose rate. You can try to math every possible out come for 12 kills out of 20 survivors in 5 matches.

That is correct, a decent killer should have at least 2K against a decent team. So most killers who say "try to 4K against a decent team" definitely not better than decent team to earn 4K.

• Iron_Cutlass
    Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 2,802
    edited February 28
    Options

I dont want this to come off the wrong way, but most really good players (1v1 format players and comp players) play in Custom Matches most of their matches, they rarely touch pubs... so it's not like the best players die that often in their matches.

St1v1 is a prime example, absolute goated player, lasts minutes in chase against some of the best players in the game, but rarely plays Pubs.

But also... bc actual comp players dont really play Pubs often, I dont think Pubs should be balanced around Comp Teams, the game could maybe use more support for Comp outside of Pubs (e.g. Custom Match settings and Ranked playlist).

Post edited by Iron_Cutlass on
  • Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,212
    edited February 28
    Options

I think theres a misunderstanding on my part. Cause Yui doesnt mention the killrate but "2 escapes".

I've read your Yui like she's saying that once you're "decent", you shouldnt be getting less than 2 escapes. Which in turn means that every trial with "decent" or better survivors, thered be a winrate of 0% for kilkersfor those trials, afterall you need 3 or 4 kills for a killer win. Thats why i asked if she means on average.

I didnt mean all trials for the global winrate but only those with "decent or better" survivors. Obviously the noobs and bad survs would overproportionally feed the global killrate more than the smaller group of "decent or better" survs".

I apologize if I was arguing about something you didnt intend to imply.

Maybe i shouldnt post early in the morning. I'm pretty sure I wouldnt misunderstand such simple sentences then.

• xltechno
    xltechno Member Posts: 971
    Options

A match between a standard M1 Killer and 4 survivors will usually end in 1k or 2k if both are talented. If you've been playing for a long time, you'll often play with the same players, sometimes as allies, sometimes as enemies, so everyone will have that experience.

• C3Tooth
    Options

The line many killers said "try to 4K decent teams". Made I have a thought "Do they really think decent teams really should not have 2 escapes?" which is what Yui means in the drawing. The 'average kill rate in general' is not related to Yui's line. 4K matches is a thing, and so does 0K that both sides have to accept.

I saw a few vids that some survivors ran killer (in 1v1) for 3-4mins, while its possible in real matches, but consider alot of times chased survivors lead killers to teammates' Gen. Disrupting the progress and may even injures/pressure another survivor. I had sometimes ran to deathzone while on last hook on purpose to stay away from teammates' Gens so they can finish. If it was 1v1, I would run to the Gen where pallet is still available to make chase longer. Though we should look into 95% of the games rather than customized comp, or tournament matches.

The current kill rate itself is fine and I dont complain about that. But the "try to 4K a decent teams" point that some killers try to make (which I has explanation to Raptorrotas above.)

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 6,639
    Options

i think most killer want 3k's, not 4k's. 2k's are losses so no i don't think killers would like to lose more on average than win.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564
    Options

Killers should win against teams if killer is better. If both are equal skills, whoever plays better should win. But if survivors are obviously better, they should win.

But problem is that, killers want to get 3-4k against all teams. Even if the team is so much better than killer.

• C3Tooth
    Options

If most killers want 3K. They would not slug for the 4th.

But win or lose is up to the players, some sees 3K as a lose so even if they kill 17 survivors out of 20 (3K 3K 3K 4K 4K) they still think they lose more than win. If killers think 2K is a lose and 2 kills do not matter to the kill rate. Then survivors have 2 escape is a lose and 2 escapes should not matter to the escape rate.

Beside, the topic isnt about killers want 3K or 4K. Its about the iconic line from them "Try to 4K against decent teams" and my respond to it.

• BlightedDolphin
    BlightedDolphin Member Posts: 1,642
    Options

And survivors want to escape every game.

I wish we could just stop with this us vs them mentality.

If one side outplays the other, they should win, regardless of how decent the other is. You shouldn’t expect to win every game no matter how good you are.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 6,639
    Options

Killer want to feel that they're losing because they played bad. The problem is that most of killer losses often come from survivors exploiting a killer weakness leading to the killer to believe that they lost due to lack of tools rather then lack of skill.

It is not so much that killer want 3k-4k against all teams, more so that they want the possibility to win against every type of team. you don't want to pick a killer, go into a swf match and then lose on loading screen.

• JeanGreyarea
    JeanGreyarea Member Posts: 441
    Options

You should make a drawing where the killers are the teachers and the survivors are students in a class lol