Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

new hex totem idea

robin
robin Member Posts: 149
edited June 2018 in General Discussions

I just read a discussion about changing the hex totem system and I got this idea that I thought was pretty cool, so I wanted to make a separate discussion about it. so here's the idea:

increase totems by 3-4 per map
every minute or so, the hex switches to a different totem through the map, meaning they don't stay in the same spot all game. It would make it a bit more difficult to pinpoint where the totem is. and if a survivor manages to find the hex totem, it can switch as they're cleansing it, meaning you have to find them quick and be a bit lucky that you found it at a good time.

link to original discussion: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/3987/hex-totem-rework#latest

Comments

• ceridwen309
    ceridwen309 Member Posts: 502

hmm, this would prevent killers from puppy guarding them too closely. And it should make it a bit harder for survivors to pinpoint.

I like it for it's simplicity....and yet, it still leaves me wanting more. I may be over-complicating a system that doesn't need it...lol.

• RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258

Or tie survivors' perks to the totems as well, it would be fair. If they cleanse it, one of their perks dissapears.

• ceridwen309
    edited June 2018

I would like that as an killer perk. Causes 1 random totem for each survivor to be randomly linked to one of their perks, and when cleansed kills their perk.

In this scenario, only if it was a hex perk would a killer lose their perk.

5 totems....1/5 chance for survivors to lose their perk. (unless we allow for any survivor cleansing an affected totem to make another survivor lose a random perk...)

If we go with the parentheses addendum...We would need to find a way to slightly balance it more I think. (Perhaps if it too was a hex perk,(("The house always wins")) and it was unable to be affected by it's own ability.)

Then create a counter survivor perk that tells what each activated hex totem is at a cost. "Blind Hope". The cost would cause exhaustion, or aura blindness.....or....ooh, it causes terror radius heartbeats/deafness for some many seconds.

• Happy_trapper010
    Happy_trapper010 Member Posts: 26

I had an idea a few months ago where the concept is Reverse Hex Totems. A perk like Hex Ruin won't be active but the totem will be lit. As soon as a survivor cleanses the totem, the hex perk will activate. This deters survivors from destroying a totem right away and makes them wary to keep lit totems as they won't know what effect it will have.

• BOSS242
    BOSS242 Member Posts: 171
    robin said:

I just read a discussion about changing the hex totem system and I got this idea that I thought was pretty cool, so I wanted to make a separate discussion about it. so here's the idea:

increase totems by 3-4 per map
    every minute or so, the hex switches to a different totem through the map, meaning they don't stay in the same spot all game. It would make it a bit more difficult to pinpoint where the totem is. and if a survivor manages to find the hex totem, it can switch as they're cleansing it, meaning you have to find them quick and be a bit lucky that you found it at a good time.

link to original discussion: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/3987/hex-totem-rework#latest

Not too bad but I would have the rotation stop if someone is working one. Dull or live I would have them stay as they sit until the action finishes. I think it changing to active or going inactive as you're working just seems too luck based.

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095

Increasing the number of totems would make NOED too strong, as it would be way too time consuming to destroy all the dulls to prevent its spawning.

• DirtyNurseMain
    DirtyNurseMain Member Posts: 70
    Can we just get totem offerings already? (Example: adds 2/3/4 totems to the map) please devs, I love you
  • ceridwen309

@Runiver said:
    Increasing the number of totems would make NOED too strong, as it would be way too time consuming to destroy all the dulls to prevent its spawning.

This is indeed a concern for any totem rework. Which is why I think totems should have more of a spotlight in the game. People want to survive and "escape", true....but their are worse things than dying. Being cursed and driven mad are definitely something that will preoccupy the mind.

By creating a perk for cleansing speed and possibly reworking the whole system, Noed should still be threatening in it's own right, but will still be manageable. The killers will have so many more strategies.

Check out my other post on totems here