Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

How you feel about current DbD as Survivor?

13»

Comments

• Snowbawlzzz
    Snowbawlzzz Member Posts: 1,419
    edited March 3

I play both roles roughly 50/50 every day and I enjoy both for the most part. Survivors coming here on the forums to throw their hands up and lament the state of their games are usually people that don't play killer ever. Playing killer makes you good at survivor; when you observe a survivor doing something that annoys you as killer, you will put that tactic in the memory bank and pull it out in your next survivor game.

But one thing I *will* say is a big negative about the survivor experience is that the overly-oppressive anti-loop killers suck the fun out of the role. The chase is the most thrilling part of the game and killers like Knight and Dudeflinger that just force downs completely ruin the game.

• sinkra
    sinkra Member Posts: 386

When the devs straight up say they want the killer to be "an unstoppable force", that doesn't imply they care about survivor gameplay.

Direct quote from them:

"To ensure the Killer feels like an unstoppable force to be feared, we’re making slight improvements to many aspects of Killer gameplay."

• sinkra

I played about half killer but I can't do it anymore because there's no challenge. Getting a 4k doesn't even feel like I won anything, it just makes me feel bad because the survivors stood no chance. Every killer main has a 70%+ kill rate when they're trying to win and not allowing pity escapes. The devs have ruined this game for survivors.

• ratcoffee
    ratcoffee Member Posts: 1,363

I've been enjoying Killer moreso than Survivor. Not entirely sure what's changed, maybe I've just gotten burned out of playing survivor (i played about 80-90% survivor for the last year)

• FilthyLegionRevival
    FilthyLegionRevival Member Posts: 313

ngl I dropped survivor entirely as of recent. It sucks playing solo and the friends I play with do NOT like this game so... I'm kinda left being a killer main, now.

• Shaddoll_Serpent
    Shaddoll_Serpent Member Posts: 153

About the same as it's always been.

Great with SWF, miserable in solo que.

It can vary sometimes though.

• crogers271
    crogers271 Member Posts: 1,721

Overall happy? Yes, very much.

Devs care about role? Yes. While I have disagreements with some dev decisions, it seems clear they are trying to improve all aspects of the game.

Why? DbD is unique. While I bounce between other strategy / fps / rpgs games, DbD doesn't really have anything that gives me the same type of feeling.

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,301

I’ve been suspicious of their matchmaking for a long time, even before MMR with the old ranking system. It always felt that they’d intentionally mix good players with bad ones so the bad ones can get carried.

I admit, it could just be that my tinfoil hat is messing with my brain, but I wouldn’t put the thought past them.

• Hexling
    Hexling Member Posts: 657

The MMR is broken because it prioritizes quick matchmaking over good matchmaking. The problem used to be there were que times of up to 15 min as survivor. So the new matchmaking system just gets you in games faster even if that means bad teammates or killers and resulting in a ######### experience.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,426

I always hear about these previously long queue times for survivors, but I never experienced that ever. I've been playing for over 3 years, since before they made the switch to SBMM. I think the longest I've ever waited was maybe 2 or so min, and that wasn't the norm. Was it a regional thing?

• radiantHero23
    radiantHero23 Member Posts: 3,940

Survivor is alright right now.

Sure, there are some things that are straight up too strong on killer (Grim Embrace, dms, Deadlock) but that's not every game by far and will very likely change in the future.

SoloQ can be pain, but that's literally a player problem most of the time. You can't fix players.

The role has strong options for items, maps, addons and playstyles available.

Overall, survivor is in a pretty decent spot right now.

• JeanGreyarea
    JeanGreyarea Member Posts: 498

Adrenaline windows and distortion. Perks that dont need nerfs

• Hexling
    Hexling Member Posts: 657

not sure if it was but there were times where I could literally go upstairs take a shower and come back and still be in que lol

• BlightedDolphin
    BlightedDolphin Member Posts: 1,828

Mostly play solo queue and I'm still having fun for the most part. Game feels pretty balanced for the most part on both sides. Most times I lose or have a bad game is just because of dumb teammates, which no amount of buffs or mechanics can fix.

Only problems I really have are:

1. The amount of survivors who just give up at the smallest inconvenience
    2. 4 slowdowns
    3. Hard core tunnelling

Those issues aren't in every game though and most games are still pretty good though so overall I'm happy with survivor :)

• radiantHero23
    radiantHero23 Member Posts: 3,940

Adrenaline needs one nerf.

• It should not wake you up against Freddy

Otherwise, im fine with it. But we will see how BHVR will change it down the line.

Windows is a weird perk in that it helps to bridge the gap between soloq and swf, but also encourages a really boring and unhealthy playstyle. Would love to see it changed, without it losing its actual power.

Distortion is fine, but also supports unhealthy gameplay.

All 3 should be changed in some way if you ask me.

But thats just 3 perks. There are also a lot of killer perks that should change. Deadlock is way too strong for literally 0 input from the killer. Grim embrace is healthy on its own, but should not stack with dms.

Both sides have problematic perks. Thats how it has always been, thats how it will propably ever be.

• Nebula
    Nebula Member Posts: 1,396

If this was the case then people would simply afk and move their character every minute or so, or go and sandbag their teammates to pass their bad time off on others. People will always find a way around the penalty.

• ImWinston
    ImWinston Member Posts: 221
    edited March 4

I'm neutral, I don't think positively or negatively about the surviving role. But in recent times I have seen a lot of dissatisfied people (even content creators), it seems to me that I have gone back to the years when it was the main killers who were constantly complaining 🤣

In recent months many of my friends have abandoned the game, now I play Solo q often. Solo q is like "box of chocolates"... you never know what you're gonna get. 🤣

If I were a dev, I would buff DS and Off the record... because tunneling is actually crazy (this would be my only change)

Post edited by ImWinston on
  • Vorahk08
    Vorahk08 Member Posts: 265

I only play solo que, but I'd say it's fine. Almost all of the balance issues I have are fairly simple issues that will probably be fixed. Mainly, killers who bring 4 slowdowns to stall out the game and win by attrition. Grim Embrace working with DMS. I feel like these will be fixed eventually.

For me, the biggest problem with the game are my team mates, and I think that will always be the case. Survivor being a team game means that team mates who mess around trying to make saves they obviously can't get, take hits for the killer when it clearly won't do anything, dumb tech the killer, and generally not touch gens are going to affect the outcome of the game. Unfortunately, outside of having a better tutorial system in the game, there's not much BHVR can do about this. You can't force your team mates to be productive, even when you're the one risking your neck and taking chase 😐️.

I'm not mentioning tunneling because I think BHVR is going to do something about it with the DS update. Until we get a more effective counter to tunneling, the argument will always be, "It's a legitimate strategy!"

I'm actually enjoying using archive challenges to inform my build. Unhook and healing challenges are resulting in healing and rescuing builds, while escape challenges yield chase builds, and stun/blind challenges are resulting in Blast Mine builds (I suck at flashlight saves). It also gives me an extra objective that I can be happy about achieving at the end of every match.

• Marioneo
    Marioneo Member Posts: 808

Then that's what the report system is for and devs can take action against it

• sinkra

I checked the steam chart and the game was getting more players every year (on average) until the 6.1 patch in June 2022, when devs suddenly decided they wanted a 60% kill rate instead of a balanced 50%. Since then the playerbase has remained static or shrunk. I don't think it's a coincidence. I think the game would have way more players today if they had kept it balanced instead of putting 80% of their playerbase at a disadvantage.

https://i.imgur.com/YHDK3OT.jpeg

• Man_of_triangles
    Man_of_triangles Member Posts: 302
    edited March 5

Literally unplayable in the current state. Killer has been fine.

• JustAnotherNewbie
    JustAnotherNewbie Member Posts: 1,941

I feel they need to add more ways to interact with your teammates besides pointing and crouching. I wanna make friends godammit. The game feels very isolating if you play solo.

Other than that, it feels the same I guess? Regression is still strong, same killers arw as strong as they were last year (Nurse, Blight). Survivor's solo power keeps getting diminished despite maps becoming smaller.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,173

Of course it doesn't, since that quote is specifically directed towards the Killer role. Why would it have to include survivors? There's probably quite a few quotes about survivors which don't imply they care about the killer role ... because it's not about them.

• Halloulle
    Halloulle Member Posts: 1,272

don't play much anymore but booted the game up yesterday. Not for long as I quickly remembered why I don't really play anymore.

Between killers pretty hard tunneling one person (only going for someone else when the tunneled is on hook - and promptly returning once unhooked), still three genning cause why kick a gen in your three gen when you can just block it for the duration of an entire gen, and the same old sweaty builds (seriously, looking at the killer addons I see these players better never ever complain about survs bringing powerful stuff or how busted surv stuff is...). When calling perks out is 80% "another X" it's both extremely boring and extremely annoying.

• jotaro
    jotaro Member Posts: 173

Survivors keep getting garbage content. I die most of the time in solo queue. Switched to killer

• felipesegatto1
    felipesegatto1 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 95

the games are always hopeless! all perks are too weak, 90 seconds gens with basekit 5% regression per kick, buffed pop and other regressions, DH and MFT are use less, medkits are not so usefull, antifacamp is the same as nothing, and the anti 3gen was just a survivor nerf. It is really sad what they did to the survivor role. I’m actually waiting for more survivors to show their disapproval for what BHVR did to survivors and actually make the game fun for survivors again. We are the majority of players and yet we’re not listened, instead we’re humiliated with all these super oppressive nerfs

• felipesegatto1
    felipesegatto1 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 95

also 60% killrates are unfair and unfun

• North85
    North85 Member Posts: 111

As solo queue, the game itself is fine. Its the majority of my teammates that are the problem. I run the killer for 3 minutes and 1 gen gets done??? ######### ARE YOU EVEN DOING???

I really think BHVR should change survivor MMR so that it increases the more time you spend in chase, or on gens, and decreases the more time you spend not doing either.

• JustAnotherNewbie

Let's be real here. Do you run the killer 9/10 games for 3 mins or a measly 2-3 games/10 and only remember the one game where your teammates were wasting time?

I am tired of this rhetpric. You probably run the killer for 3 mins rarely and not consistently, which probably also makes you "that" teammate some games for the other survivors.

• North85
    North85 Member Posts: 111

I'm sorry you don't know how to loop or predrop. Sure, I go down fast against a cracked Nurse/Blight/Billy, who doesn't? If you're not being chased, saving, healing, or DOING GENS, you're the problem.

• JustAnotherNewbie

You're really evading my question there. I asked if you can consistently last 3 mins in a chase. It's something that can be analyzed, not concerned with how good you think you loop because you had that one game where you lasted 3 mins. I also have those games, but I also have games where I last 30 mins or less, so I don't claim only the other survivors are part of the problem.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

Probably the best solo survivor has ever been. My teammates can see what I do and I see what they do it helps a lot. 40% escape rate but for me I think it's closer to 50%. I think solo needs a bit more info to further closing the gap to SWF but overall I'm very happy with the state of the game on survivor role.

• xltechno
    xltechno Member Posts: 1,026

As long as there are these survivors, the future is still bright for survivors. The system is such that the more survivors with the ability to act, the more advantageous there is, but it's really unfortunate that there are many survivors who want the opposite.

A reply to a video posted in another thread showed just how bad many Survivors are, at least in this forum.