Is the game killer sided, or survivor sided?

Options
Tyler3
Tyler3 Member Posts: 40

Let me know why you picked your answer and how you think the game can balance both sides.

Is the game killer sided, or survivor sided? 29 votes

Killer sided
48%
meesKarthJudithMorel09SHARKBOSSEEPjonifireBlightedTrapperhotbabe95felipesegatto1SamatrainAlsyieCrusorHypersKngKeefCheif 14 votes
Survivor sided
51%
GibberishBlueberryHerInfernalMajestyaeonskulWampiritaViktor1853LeFennecFoxxltechnoTheSingularityLord_Kainecanonjack001RoyvalVoltithe_trextradevilhead 15 votes

Comments

• xltechno
    xltechno Member Posts: 971
    Options
    Survivor sided

When it comes to Nurse and Bright, commonly referred to as a strong killer, the game is on their side. Other than that, the Survivor side is basically advantageous, and the Survivor side is especially overwhelming against those called M1 killers. However, as this forum symbolizes, most of the survivors are beginners, and there seems to be a lot of matchmaking to the point where game balance doesn't work because MMR cannot be expected to be normal.

I always wish there was a collection of video links that would allow even beginners to quickly accumulate some knowledge.

• mikewelk
    mikewelk Member Posts: 1,669
    Options

Way too many factors involved to form a conclusive opinion, main problems stemming from how absurd the matchmaking is.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 12,899
    edited March 4
    Options
    Survivor sided

This is what I would say as well.

This is why people have such drastically different opinions of the state of the game or what’s op/up because it’s all based on that persons view of what level the game should be balanced around.

• fussy
    fussy Member Posts: 1,073
    Options

And that's why i believe game in the best spot ever. It was survivor sided even on average level like 2 years ago and killer gameplay was nothing but pure misery. Make it balanced around high level and average level surviving will become pure misery.

First time in my dbd history i'm enjoying both sides equally. First time i feel like skill equally matter on both sides and it's amazing.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 12,899
    Options
    Survivor sided

I mean I can see why you would like that. Most the average population has a good experience from this. However given that balancing it makes high level gameplay bad for killer. I play both roles pretty equally at that higher level and the games current balancing hinders the experience there.

So while I understand why you and most would like it that way it unfortunately messes with my experience, even if I understand I am the minority.

• Yharwick
    Yharwick Member Posts: 280
    Options

It's whoever is willing to bring meaner stuff sided.

• 09SHARKBOSS
    09SHARKBOSS Member Posts: 1,153
    Options
    Killer sided

from what ive seen from my games as a killer and what the devs have said yeah

• HerInfernalMajesty
    HerInfernalMajesty Member Posts: 872
    Options
    Survivor sided

Pure capability wise I believe it is Survivor sided. Like if both roles play perfect it’s Survivor sided and I kind of agree that it should be.

It doesn’t make sense if the Survivors can’t escape at all. But it should be just barely.

• Iron_Cutlass
    Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 2,764
    Options

Neither.

I do think there can be problematic aspects on either side, but for the most part the game is generally balanced in pubs from my experience.

• felipesegatto1
    felipesegatto1 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 95
    Options
    Killer sided

obviously it is extremely killer sided solo and swf at all MMRs. the data says it all. 4 man swfs only win 48% at high MMR

• xltechno
    xltechno Member Posts: 971
    Options
    Survivor sided

High MMR will inevitably increase the chance of encountering Nurse and Bright. That's what it means.

• Halloulle
    Halloulle Member Posts: 1,049
    Options

It's whoever-brings-the-most-busted-stuff-and-most-sweaty-mindset-sided, except in the very highest few percentiles where it's generally surv sided, with the exception of a handful of killer builds that are very much expected to always 4k, no matter who or what they face.

• BlightedTrapper
    BlightedTrapper Member Posts: 302
    Options
    Killer sided

It's literally killer-sided by design, with the intentional 40% escape rate for survivors. Claim how busted survivors are all you want, but even in the average high-MMR SWF match killers are still winning more.