It's crazy how much the perks have changed over the years

Options

If someone in 2019 had told me that buckle up would become meta, I probably would have hit them in the face.

It's very strange to imagine that perks that were good in the past went down and perks that no one cares about were able to go up.

I remember when Borrowed time was meta because in the past didn't exist endurence off Hook. It was a cute perk that you bring only for your teammates.

Iron will was meta and it's Nerf wasn't even that huge but no one uses nowadays.

Spine chill was a perk that I really liked and I think it was nerfed too much. I liked the old warning and the vault speed. The only change that the perk deserved is that it would not work if the killer was undetectable.

thanatophobia was one of my favorite perks in the two old versions. the first was when it also affected healing and in the second version when it had a 5% penalty. It was a broken perk on Legion and Plague but it was very useful for other killers.I loved using it on m1 killers.

WGLF and BBQ should have the BP bonus back.

Old PGTW was fair. It rewarded you for achieving your goal. 25% instant generator regression was a relief.

DS and DH were broken before but now they are Fine. I still think that DS should have the 5s stun back.

I wish I could talk about the perks that were bad but are now useful but I'm sleepy so I'm just going to mention them.

Buckle up

Distortion

Off the Record

Lucky break

Built to last

Grim embrace

Cruel limits

Furtive chase

Coup de Grace

Trail of torment

Etc...

Comments

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,667
    Options

I'd like to think this is what could be called progress. Things change. Sometimes perks have potential but they are just missing the combo part like buckle up. Most of them are just balance changes. OP perks being nerfed and under powered perks being buffed.

• HeroLives
    HeroLives Member Posts: 1,985
    Options

I personally would not like WGLF stacks to come back, I was getting farmed and multiple ppl would be at the hook more than usual just trying to get their stacks. Unsafe unhooks were running rampant with that perk.

Stacks for gens though, sure.

• Shaddoll_Serpent
    Shaddoll_Serpent Member Posts: 132
    Options

Buckle Up be chilling next to the likes of Overcharge and Off The Record on the "zero to hero" boat.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,212
    Options

Still cannot understand why most of those changes were made.

WGLF and BBQ definitely should have their BP gains back. Iron Will was fine as it was, it didn't need a nerf. And Ruin... well, there is a lot to impact with Ruin.

It is hard to find a recent perk change that was actually good or healthy for the game. They do exist, but there aren't many of them.