Groaning Storehouse (The MacMillan Estate)

Options
Peanits
Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,376
edited March 22 in Mapping the Realm

We'd like to know what you think about the Groaning Storehouse map, part of the MacMillan Estate realm. Please leave any feedback you have concerning this map as a comment on this thread. Your feedback can be as brief or detailed as you'd like!

Groaning Storehouse (The MacMillan Estate) 209 votes

This map favours Survivors
53% 111 votes
This map feels balanced
38% 81 votes
This map favours Killers
8% 17 votes
Post edited by Jocelynbee on

Comments

• PogbertChamperson
    PogbertChamperson Member Posts: 88
    Options

The main building is the only real gripe I have with this map.

• fussy
    fussy Member Posts: 1,076
    Options

Chaining windows in main building is only problem on this map. Love it as all Macmillans. Most balanced realm in the game overall.

• MrMori
    MrMori Member Posts: 1,212
    Options

The main building is very frustrating to play as an M1 killer, and I'd like to see it reworked. If you have enough distance, you can vault the window that doesn't have a breakable wall, then loop back around and vault it again without getting hit. And if you don't have enough distance to do that, you can go for the other window, which is completely safe unless the killer has already broken the breakable wall. I don't like it at all.

Outside of the main building I don't have any other complaints about this map.

• MechWarrior3
    MechWarrior3 Member Posts: 1,394
    Options

The main building is awful as an M1 killer. Navigating through this building is dreadful.

• gothbave
    gothbave Member Posts: 60
    edited March 6
    Options

biggest map that favors survivors you can get insane RNG and you can loop the whole map if you're really good, main is awful designed for killers (M1 mostly)

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,339
    Options

I dislike Groaning Storehouse 1 for one of the same reasons as Disturbed Ward - the two long cul de sacs protruding from the edges of the map. These again are unfun for both sides for the exact same reasons - generators there are time-consuming for the killer to patrol, survivors who get found there are cornered, too good of an area for the killer to camp, and very good for sabotage plays. As survivor I usually try to save those gens for last since that makes it more time-consuming for the killer to patrol. I enjoy Groaning Storehouse 2 more on both sides because it doesn't have those.

The building can be a little rough for m1 killers, but it's not as bad as some other maps.

• Snowbawlzzz
    Snowbawlzzz Member Posts: 1,406
    edited March 6
    Options

The main building is the easiest loop in the game

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,209
    Options

This one feels very survivor sided - the breakable wall needs to be broken and even then the window is often strong enough for survivors.

the map also feels kinda weird with the two side areas which are great gens for survs to spare until end (so not something my random teammates would do…)

• Archol123
    Archol123 Member Posts: 3,347
    Options

The main building window loop can almost be used as an infinite if you pre run early enough, you won't come into chase and the window won't get blocked, you can loop a killer there for minutes... Other than that map is mostly fine, I think the size might be a bit too much as well.

• Iri4head
    Iri4head Member Posts: 25
    Options

Map is well designed, only real issue is main building can be a pain for certain killers, and just against good teams in general with the windows. Aside from that, the map feels very good to play on.

• _Onyx_
    _Onyx_ Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 316
    Options

Been my favourite map for years now. Enjoy it as both Killer and Survivor. Has a lot of strong loops, but also isn't too easy to chain them together so once you get enough out of it, it's either now a dead zone for the rest of the game or the Killer gets a free hit.

So many Killers can do so much cool stuff on these maps, love it. Very balanced.

• xltechno
    xltechno Member Posts: 971
    Options

Not to mention the strength of the main building, the grounds extending in two directions from it make patrolling difficult for the M1 Killer.

• TripleStryke
    TripleStryke Member Posts: 53
    Options

Very large and the main building can be miserable.

• WhoSoup
    WhoSoup Member Posts: 150
    Options

Storehouse1: Hate this map. Really obnoxious map layout for killers. It's big and you can't ever patrol the pockets without losing the game. Main building isn't fun to play and has a mandatory breakable wall. The visual of the map (and MacMillan in general) is extremely boring.

Storehouse2: Much better than the original and games on this are more interesting because you do things other than just play around the main building. Still not really a good map because the main building is the same.

• TxQ
    TxQ Member Posts: 7
    Options

way too big map with a really strong main building, this map favors survivors.

• Vorahk08
    Vorahk08 Member Posts: 227
    Options

The map is too big, and the rectangular extensions make it extremely difficult to patrol. Going down either as killer often guarantees a generator will be completed in that time. Often, when playing this map as survivor, I hope the killer will patrol down one of these because it gives me a lot of time to finish a generator.

The main building loop is far too strong for how easy it is to play. The killer is essentially forced to break the breakable wall next to the window, which will probably lose them the chase. The loops around the building as well are very strong, so the killer will lose a lot of time trying to catch a survivor who is able to chain the building into another loop.

All in all, it's a map that gives survivors a lot of strong tools for long chases while it's design inherently contributes to wasting the killer's time with long patrols.

• Tipsy
    Tipsy Member Posts: 36
    Options

Talking about Groaning 1. Main building is strong with very strong window and other window requires the killer to break a wall to play around. Shack spawns with two maze tiles connected to it making it a safe place to take chase. Biggest problem with the map is the two pockets, one with double maze tiles and the other also has two maze tiles but not connected. problem with those pockets is they are safe areas for the survivors to take chase and if the killer is to commit, the killers will be isolating themselves away the rest of the map.

• SvenDaMan
    SvenDaMan Member Posts: 22
    Options

My main gripe with every macmillan map, why did we need 2 of each? Weren't you the ones that said maps take the most recources to get right?

I'd say delete every second variant and spend the time you would on the second variant, to make the first perfect. Lots of great feedback here already!

• NerfDHalready
    NerfDHalready Member Posts: 1,373
    Options

very very cringe main building.

• LordSimagical
    LordSimagical Member Posts: 24
    Options

I think its balanced but one way svr got way high ground and in a nother round killer got way high ground don*t no why xD

• King_Flash05
    King_Flash05 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 35
    Options

This is the most survivor sided MacMillan map cuz of the main building plus the original version has 2 pocket allies just like the Disturbed Ward map

• RogueRoentgen
    RogueRoentgen Member Posts: 24
    Options

We DID need a second storehouse since the first one is terrible :) for once.

The map is already big, having 2 pouches with strong interconnected tiles is quite the cherry on top. Luckily that's not true for storehouse 2, so I have a very simple solution... let's keep storehous 2 only!

• OhDee
    OhDee Member Posts: 13
    edited March 15
    Options

What's great about Groaning Storehouse:

• Really close to being balanced.

What's bad about Groaning Storehouse:

• Forced to break wall on main building to make future chases possible.
    • Outskirts of the map aren't worth patrolling because of their distance from the other generators.
    • Lack of line of sight blockers in the center is easy information on the killer.
    • Low to the floor loops in the center are too easy for ranged killers, frustrating for everyone else.
    • Jungle Gyms are too close to one another depending on the generation.
    • Super dependent on map generation for both sides.
    • Exit gates are typically in different zip codes.
  • FoxvanMR
    FoxvanMR Member Posts: 21
    Options

Do something with the main building and this map would be easily one of the most balanced.

• Malkhrim
    Malkhrim Member Posts: 917
    Options

The main building is insanely strong. It has two strong windows, one of them is near a breakable wall, but the wall is in such a bad spot that it doesn't even help if the survivor is using the window to leave the building (which is the right way of running it, since it's the best path to get a fast vault) instead of entering it. It's also way too big with those corners with double jungle gyms so far away from the rest of the map.

This discussion has been closed.