Azarov's Resting Place (Autohaven Wreckers)

Options
Peanits
Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,376
edited March 22 in Mapping the Realm

We'd like to know what you think about the Azarov's Resting Place map, part of the Autohaven Wreckers realm. Please leave any feedback you have concerning this map as a comment on this thread. Your feedback can be as brief or detailed as you'd like!

Azarov's Resting Place (Autohaven Wreckers) 207 votes

This map favours Survivors
28% 60 votes
This map feels balanced
30% 64 votes
This map favours Killers
40% 83 votes
Post edited by Jocelynbee on

Comments

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,210
    Options

THE 3 gen map, so mostly not good and with a dumb random survivor team very killer sided, otherwise very survivor sided.

Main isn’t very special, both m aesthetically and gameplay-wise.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564
    Options

This map is awful. Especially if killer decide to hold 3 - 4 gens. And no, anti 3-gen only fixes the hostage issue, killer still can hold 3 gen and get chases.

• Andro0020
    Andro0020 Member Posts: 6
    Options

This map has the same issue that the Suffocation Pit has. All the strong tiles are close to the center and if a Survivor decides to chase there the killer would need to waste a lot of time, especially if the killer Is a M1. But this map Is really good for threegenning, even better than the Suffocation Pit. The main Is not a problem, Is like a shack without the pallet.

• Hex_Ignored
    Hex_Ignored Member Posts: 1,575
    Options

One of, if not the most notorious 3 gen map ever. The killer can realistically ignore 50% of the map. The anti-3 gen system doesn't even help because the gen spawns are usually so awful that kicking isn't even necessary to win with a 3 gen strat.

• HPhoenix
    HPhoenix Member Posts: 549
    Options

If there was a "does it need a rework" I would vote for it in a heart beat as I had killer patrolling their group of gens in one side of the map a few times.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,346
    Options

Exact same problem as Suffocation Pit 1 except the center isn’t as strong and much narrower so it’s hard for survivors to sneak through, so overall Resting Place leans killer sided imo. But it should get a complete layout rework for the same reasons as Suffocation Pit 1 - map is naturally split in half so the killer is encouraged to just defend one side, and going from one side of the map to the other takes too long/the map is too big overall. Center bottleneck is too narrow.

Make the center a lot wider and then make the map not be as long of a rectangle (ie. get it closer to a square shape).

• _Onyx_
    _Onyx_ Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 316
    Options

There is literally zero reason for the killer to want to defend the whole map. Pick a side and never leave it.

It's an awful shape and gen spawns do not help this.

This design needs changing

• Slowpeach
    Slowpeach Member Posts: 673
    Options

Yeah the I shaped maps are some of the few that are inherently killer sided. Some still struggle but hell they struggle more anywhere else then these type of maps. I'd be willing to bet that the stats especially at higher levels generally have a higher kill rate for those I shaped maps. Sanctum of Wrath, Azarov and Suffocation. There'd only be a few others that would seriously contend.

I would argue these type of maps need to go but the problem is SO many more maps are naturally survivor sided and do I honestly trust BHVR to rework maps to make them more even? Not so much. Some of the reworks have been a successful but others have made it either worse or not much better.

All we can do is give the feedback as already done and hope for the best.

• WampaPl
    WampaPl Member Posts: 31
    Options

I like stretched maps but not this one. The center is way too narrow and the killer have an easy time checking for survivors that try to cross. Main building is kind of lame not feels mainy enough.

• LordSimagical
    LordSimagical Member Posts: 24
    Options

Think the whole realm needs a grafik and layout update like the rpd layout cause they fitting in more like just wood walls and piles this fits in my opinion for all maps and where great :-)

• NerfDHalready
    NerfDHalready Member Posts: 1,373
    Options

killer sided if killer 3 gens survivor sided if they don't. basically however-the-killer-plays sided, i guess. still not as bad as suffo pit 1 if they don't 3 gen though, since autohaven tiles are bit more unsafe than macmillan ones in general and its main isn't as strong as suffo's.

i don't like losing because i didn't doom the entire lobby with the decision to 3 gen from the get go so naturally i heavily dislike those two maps.

• AMGC
    AMGC Member Posts: 39
    Options

Azarov's Resting Place is the most troublesome map in the realm Autohaven Wreckers. Its size is tied at largest with both versions of Shelter Woods and its length is also tied at longest with Grenville Square, but the determining factor is its peculiar shape with a very thin middle of the map and wide ends, giving it a two-sides dynamic that poisons the flow of the trials.

Killers can't afford to cross the map back and forth to chase everywhere and instead they are encouraged to stay on one side while tactically holding the middle to play as territorial as possible (that being defending a perimeter of generators, a hook, killing someone efficiently fast or a combination of these), which is not necessarily always favorable or easy. Sometimes the spread of generators will be uneven between sides.

The middle of the map counts with a chain of 3 mazetiles that are diagonally linked to both landmarks and to 2 more mazetiles, making it an incredibly strong area where the killer is discouraged from chasing (which further punishes playstyles where the killer is chasing anywhere, since the survivors can go through the middle constantly) that also happens to randomize the likelihood of the safety on either side of the map since many filler loops are found there and they may not spawn many pallets and the pallet density of the map is already inconsistent enough by itself.

The realm Autohaven Wreckers has poor lightning and some filler loops are remarkably safe without room for mindgames.

The realm Autohaven Wreckers could improve its lightning and the stronger filler loops could be nerfed slightly to then increase the pallet density a little.

The map Azarov's Resting Place needs an overhaul to its layout and size to either mitigate or remove its dynamic that limits the gameplans of the players. The pallet density should be stabilized and maybe (or maybe not) the mazetile count could be reduced from 6 to 5.

• drwilburdaffodil
    drwilburdaffodil Member Posts: 99
    edited March 8
    Options

Probably my least liked of the Autohaven realm since the sheer size/strength forces you to play half the map. I think the size is on par with Disturbed Ward and Shelter woods, which I personally think is past the point of a reasonable sized map. Same as Suffo 1, which side it is depends on how it is played, both are more or less balanced. I know many people like chokehold maps as strategic maps, so I don't think they should be changed much/at all, I just don't personally enjoy them.

Post edited by drwilburdaffodil on
  • King_Flash05
    King_Flash05 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 35
    Options

This map is honestly kinda killer sided cuz of the 3 gen set up but it's also a map that is ok for survivors and 4.4 killers dislike this map cuz it's really big

• Tipsy
    Tipsy Member Posts: 36
    edited March 9
    Options

Love this map. The choke point adds interesting gameplay interactions between the killer and survivors. pushing the survivors to work together to divided map. Choke point is for the most part safe due to it being filled with maze tiles (good thing). Main is good but not too good. Large but the killer can keep control due to its shape.

• NightingaleOwl
    NightingaleOwl Member Posts: 20
    Options

Similar to Suffopit 1, the map's bottleneck in the middle forces a 3 gen to spawn on one side of the map and killers are incentivized to lock in on one side of the map. The shape of the map needs to be adjusted to clear 3 gen issue.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212
    Options

The killer's only play on this map is to go for a three gen, because it's too long and punishing in the center to be worth patrolling. It makes it miserable for survivors to play, despite many areas being strong for looping. It's a very uninteractive map.

• DrRiku
    DrRiku Member Posts: 15
    Options

I think its a little silly that a killer can just camp one side of the map and have a nice 3/4 gen always. At the same time it feels awful trying to chase normally due to the size of the map and good loops.

• KazRen
    KazRen Member Posts: 152
    Options

I'd say it favors survivor more than killer.

It's pretty obvious but the killer can try to force a 3 gen situation. However there is an anti-3 gen mechanic now so that isn't really that much of an option anymore. There also is the fact that survivors were always able to force the 3 gen to be broken if they played well.

The map is too big. Once again obvious but it should be stated.

The middle area has too many connected loops. It's very easy to go from loop to loop and sometimes the loops can align very well and you can essentially run from one end of the middle area to the other side.

• Archol123
    Archol123 Member Posts: 3,348
    Options

Generally speaking the map would be alright, however it shape makes it sooooo easy to 3 Gen, you just hold one side of the map and never leave it. And that's it, and since most players do that, because in that case it is really killer favored it is rather unpleasant, without changing the form of the map, and therefore somewhat turning it into Wreckers Yard I don't really see a way to prevent that though... That's basically the only complaint about the map, it s super easy to 3 Gen and everybody does it...

• Stroggz
    Stroggz Member Posts: 495
    Options

This map promotes early securing of the 3gen on one part of the map, because it takes to long to traverse to the other part. Kinda meh.

• Chordyceps
    Chordyceps Member Posts: 1,668
    Options

This map feels like it could really go either way based on if the survivors are good at breaking up 3 gens. That being said, I don't think this map is particularly fun for either said. As a killer I don't like how hard the map is to win on if I fail to break the 3 gen. As a killer, I hate how hard the map is to win on if I don't defend the 3 gen.

• Princeharlequinhq
    Princeharlequinhq Member Posts: 58
    Options

Out of the original maps in the game, this and suffo pit are probably my least fav design. You either have to choose at the beginning of the game which side you want to play on and hold it, or there's a strong chance you are setting yourself up for failure. I just genuinely don't like the playstyle this map promotes.

• Skitten56
    Skitten56 Member Posts: 306
    Options

Yeah it is an interesting map and I do like that there are maps like it which add variety to the game. I can understand why some players dislike the map though.

• midirams
    midirams Member Posts: 10
    Options

I think ScottJund said it best when it comes to this map.

If a killer plays in a really boring way (patrolling the middle in order to defend one side of the map), it is definitely killer sided. However, if the killer decides to commit to chases which lead them down the middle three maze tiles or towards the other side of the map, survivors can easily rotate and do gens on both sides of the map. This results in an un-defendable 3 gen for most killers, with one gen being on one side and the other two being on the other side. I dislike playing on the map on both sides because of how the map almost requires a really uninteresting playstyle for killer.

• RogueRoentgen
    RogueRoentgen Member Posts: 24
    Options

This map is balanced, but in the worst possible way.

It doesn't favour killer or survivor, but the gameplay completely depends on the survivor ability to get the killer away from one of the side of the maps, and the inclination of the killer to do so. If they decide to never leave one side, well, not much you can do.

Yes, now we have the anti 3-gen mechanic, but still I would say encouraging this kind of gameplay because of the gen spawns and map size (it's huge. it doesn't really invite you to patrol elsewhere and the bottleneck makes the gen in the middle incredibly crucial) should probably not be a thing.

The loops are otherwise fair and while rng can screw you over one way or another, it's never terrible

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,005
    Options

This is THE 3(or 4 or even 5)gen map. Even with the anti 3-gen mechanic this map is very awful to play against a trapping or area denial killer (e.g. SM, Trapper, Hag, Demo) because they just sit at one side. Combine that with the fact that for some reason both gates can spawn on the same pocket.....

Also killers can camp the small bridge in the middle to hinder any survivor coming for a rescue in one of the pockets. This is so bad.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 6,521
    Options

survivor sided if killer mindless goes to chase survivors around the map. killer sided if killer 3 gens.

• CodesterKing
    CodesterKing Member Posts: 11
    Options

Least favourite autohaven map, entirely due to the layout.

It's hourglass-like shape means that a killer can choose to protect one section of the map, often having 3-4 generators on it. This makes it very easy for the killer to patrol those 3-4 generators and easily win the game. The map is actually quite fun as survivor when the killer doesn't go for this patrol strategy, but it's objectively worse to do this in terms of getting kills.

The actual loops themselves are fine, but it's layout is problematic and leads to matches heavily swayed to the killers side.

• Malkhrim
    Malkhrim Member Posts: 917
    Options

If the killer stays on one side of the map and protects a 3-gen formation, it's killer sided. If gens get done in both sides and one of the final 3 generators is on the opposite side of the others, than it becomes survivor-sided because protecting those gens is impossible. Quite an unfun map.

This discussion has been closed.