Gas Heaven (Autohaven Wreckers)

Options
Peanits
Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,375
edited March 22 in Mapping the Realm

We'd like to know what you think about the Gas Heaven map, part of the Autohaven Wreckers realm. Please leave any feedback you have concerning this map as a comment on this thread. Your feedback can be as brief or detailed as you'd like!

Gas Heaven (Autohaven Wreckers) 201 votes

This map favours Survivors
55% 111 votes
This map feels balanced
34% 70 votes
This map favours Killers
9% 20 votes
Post edited by Jocelynbee on

Comments

• JustAShadow
    JustAShadow Member Posts: 111
    Options

I would say this is the only actual unbalanced map of the Autohaven realm. The main issue of this map is obviously its' insane main building which features a very strong window, that you have to bring Bamboozle to counter or play a killer with a strong catch up ability. The outer side of the building is just a huge distance holder that features no gameplay elements other than holding W until the killer can catch up to the survivor. There are also 2 possible pallet spawns on the back or to the side of the main building: the one next to the dumpster serves as the god pallet/infinite if predropped and is mandatory to be broken by the killer, and the one next to the closed window which pretty mediocre. I don't think it is fair to have such a disparity in strength that's solely depending on the rng. The map itself can spawn too many strong fillers and depending on the rng you can have a string of strong tiles leading to shack or main building. Overall a really bad map for most of the killer roster.

• gothbave
    gothbave Member Posts: 60
    Options

the main building can be very annoying as killer and it feels a bit big imo

• Andro0020
    Andro0020 Member Posts: 6
    edited March 8
    Options

This map was in a terribile spot before it's rework. Now is better, but the main window Is still too strong and if played well can be used as and infinite. The map itself Is still too difficult to navigate as a killer due to its size, even if the car wall was removed.

• WampaPl
    WampaPl Member Posts: 31
    Options

My favourite autoheaven map. Fantastic aesthetic and main building gives many opportunities for unusual plays

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,338
    Options

This map is a lot better now that the giant car walls are gone. The main things I would say about it are the main building window is a little strong especially once the generator in there is completed (since that opens up the garage door and makes it easy to just run a full circle through there back to the window, but even if it's not completed you can just run around the outside of the building instead through the back doorway near the gen that's open and make it back to the window again) and there aren't enough lockers towards the center of the map or on the side furthest away from the killer shack. Otherwise it's an alright map imo.

• NerfDHalready
    NerfDHalready Member Posts: 1,373
    Options

i don't mind its size but main is, again, a bit too strong especially after devs' "weakening" of the main by removing one breakable wall in the garage now, making the window an actual threat without survivors having to do the inside gen while also making the gen way safer to do.

• AMGC
    AMGC Member Posts: 39
    Options

Gas Heaven is by far the most survivor sided map in Autohaven Wreckers, its size is large enough to have a very awkward gen spread (even after the rework) but the most outstanding issue is the main building, which counts with a very powerful window that is always complimented by 4 pallets. The amount of mazetiles is too low, it needs more than 3 or else the focus of the safety relies a lot more on the filler loops which are less interactive, more killer power reliant and far more unpredictable and inconsistent.

The realm Autohaven Wreckers has poor lightning and some filler loops are remarkably safe without room for mindgames. The car piles are treated as filler loops, meaning they do not have guaranteed pallets and that is with half the possible types already being unable to spawn a pallet (so only half the types spawn pallets and those pallets are not always generated). In Gas Heaven the car piles interfere a lot with the generation of the filler loops to the point they amplify the unpredictability of the filler pallets even further.

The realm Autohaven Wreckers could improve its lightning and the stronger filler loops could be nerfed slightly to then increase the pallet density a little.

The map Gas Heaven should reduce its size slightly, add 1 more mazetile so the safety is more consistent and address the strength issue of the main building.

• King_Flash05
    King_Flash05 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 35
    Options

Out of all the Autohaven maps, Gas Heaven is the most Survivor sided out of all of them and it's down to 2 reasons,

Reason #1, it's too Big

Reason #2, The Main Building is absolutely strong and obnoxious

• Tipsy
    Tipsy Member Posts: 36
    Options

Size is alright. Lot of connecting safe pallets. Main building is very strong since you guys opened up that door that use be a breakable wall by the gen. The pallet is also very safe with the strong window right next to it and the fact that the survivors are see over the shelf with the pallet clearly but the killers can not. Also when the gen in main gets completed that strong window becomes a god window.

• DrRiku
    DrRiku Member Posts: 15
    Options

Main building is my only gripe, make it weaker and maybe make the map smaller.

• KazRen
    KazRen Member Posts: 152
    Options

Very big map, lots of strong loops.

• Archol123
    Archol123 Member Posts: 3,346
    Options

Too big, main building is too strong, the loops beside that are really Allright. Visibility is Allright, unlike some other Azarovs maps the amount of line of sight blockers I OK I think. Overall I think it favors survivors.

• jonifire
    jonifire Member Posts: 1,437
    Options

Too many dead zones and too less jungle gyms.

• RogueRoentgen
    RogueRoentgen Member Posts: 24
    Options

I wish it was smaller and with a weaker main building, otherwise fair loops and love the gas station aesthetic

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 6,508
    Options

around ormond/eyrie crow level. survivor sided.

• CodesterKing
    CodesterKing Member Posts: 11
    Options

This map is kinda balanced, more so favouring the survivors due to a couple of reasons.

Main building is a little bit too strong, specifically the window can be looped in multiple different directions. The breakable wall don't really do much for the killer in terms of weakening the loop, and can even be a bad move depending if the generator inside was done or not.

Map is a little too big, so it's difficult for low mobility killers to get around and pressure generators.

Also the map has too much line of sight. This makes certain killers such as trickster and huntress a little oppressive, and makes stealth killers such as ghostface or wraith have trouble sneaking up. Maybe adding a couple of the car walls that are usually near the edges to the middle would help solve this issue.

Apart from these complaints, great map.

This discussion has been closed.