Wreckers' Yard (Autohaven Wreckers)

Options
Peanits
Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,375
edited March 22 in Mapping the Realm

We'd like to know what you think about the Wreckers' Yard map, part of the Autohaven Wreckers realm. Please leave any feedback you have concerning this map as a comment on this thread. Your feedback can be as brief or detailed as you'd like!

Wreckers' Yard (Autohaven Wreckers) 193 votes

This map favours Survivors
14% 28 votes
This map feels balanced
59% 114 votes
This map favours Killers
26% 51 votes
Post edited by Jocelynbee on

Comments

• WhoSoup
    WhoSoup Member Posts: 150
    Options

Interesting map. This is like "what if rotten fields wasn't awful?". Balance seems to revolve mostly around RNG in terms of gen distribution and tiles. I've played games that favored both sides hard. Don't really have any complaints about this map other than that Autohaven overall is extremely ugly. Nothing interesting to look at, very flat color scheme.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,205
    Options

Due to lack of a main I kinda forget about this map often times. It’s not as bad as old Shelter Woods I guess but I still think something could be added/adjusted to include a main and make it more interesting.

• Hex_Ignored
    Hex_Ignored Member Posts: 1,574
    Options

like rotten fields the map is incredibly boring but I prefer it because the loops are better spread out and there isn't dense corn everywhere

• WampaPl
    WampaPl Member Posts: 31
    Options

Quite a dull map. I hope one day it will gain main building idk cargo containers turned habitable / sewage pipe or something.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,338
    Options

I really like this map, it's one of the best imo. While it doesn't have a main building, it has enough resources and other things on the map that it doesn't really need one. Don't think this map needs any changes.

• Andro0020
    Andro0020 Member Posts: 6
    Options

This map is totally rng dependant. You can get a lot of good fillers around the shack, or nothing. Recently in the Autoheaven realm was added a new tipe of filler near the edges of the map. I think that in all the Autoheaven Maps, but especially in this one there should be a fixed amount of this type of pallet, because when I play in this map either I don't find any filler on the edges of the map or I find a lot of them. Overall this is a balanced map, I would only remove some spawn of fillers near the shack and maybe increase the chances that an hill spawns because in this map is nearly impossible to use balanced landing .

• AMGC
    AMGC Member Posts: 39
    edited March 8
    Options

Wreckers' Yard is one of the most balanced maps in the game, with just a few flaws of which most are related to its realm and not the map itself. The safety in the map is a bit inconsistent, having strength variability between trials. One of the filler tile pockets (marked in the graphic) stands out in the sense of spreading the gens a bit too far from the rest of the map while leaving the survivors there zoned; this spot is also very powerful for defending hooks.

The realm Autohaven Wreckers has poor lightning and some filler loops are remarkably safe without room for mindgames. The car piles are treated as filler loops, meaning they do not have guaranteed pallets and that is with half the possible types already being unable to spawn a pallet (so only half the types spawn pallets and those pallets are not always generated).

The realm Autohaven Wreckers could improve its lightning and the stronger filler loops could be nerfed slightly to then increase the pallet density a little.

The map Wreckers' Yard should stabilize its pallet count and the filler tile pocket might need to be placed elsewhere.

• fussy
    fussy Member Posts: 1,074
    Options

Probably most balanced map in the game, i adore it on both sides. Once again: it may have too little pallets or (rarely) too much connected loops, but on average it's great map.

• King_Flash05
    King_Flash05 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 35
    Options

It's a pretty balanced map it does favor more the killer side but it's a great map

• _Onyx_
    _Onyx_ Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 316
    Options

One of the very few maps that is actually balanced. You can get some pretty nasty rng for tiles like Figure-of-8, into shack, into long L car pallet, into jungle gym. But if the rng isn't insane, you can roam the entire map and feel like you're actually putting pressure on Survivors. Basement being a central spot is also a good thing too.

• Tipsy
    Tipsy Member Posts: 36
    Options

I like this map very much. Its small but very condensed so things connect well. Due to its size and shape I do feel this map leans a little towards being killer sided. its not to hard to create deadzones as killer and control 3 or 4 gens. also the two farthest points of the map a lot the times spawn very little to no safety for survivors but almost always have a gen.

• KazRen
    KazRen Member Posts: 152
    Options

This map is definitely one of, if not the most balanced map in the game. That being said there are still problems.

There are some deadzones that spawn sometimes despite the map size and while obviously having the map full of pallets/windows is bad, there should be something there like the picnic bench pallet in ormond. It shouldn't have a strong loop there but there should be something.

The map collision is sometimes weird. The bus especially has bad hitboxes and you can bump into invisible stuff.

The map isn't very visually appealing. The map's color looks kinda bad and I'm pretty sure this has been a complaint since the realm beyond. There also isn't really much about this map that is special compared to other maps since there is no main building and no unique architecture.

• Archol123
    Archol123 Member Posts: 3,340
    Options

One of the most balanced maps in the game, sometimes the rng can be a bit too much, but not too often, it is alright. However often it feels like it does not have enough line of sight blockers for a stealth approach, however that is only a minor thing, overall the map is great.

• Steakdabait
    Steakdabait Member Posts: 1,245
    Options

Super RNG depended map. After adding the new useless tiles it's def killer sided on average but it really can go in ether direction. Prolly my fav map to play on tho

• BlightedDolphin
    BlightedDolphin Member Posts: 1,612
    Options

With how easy it is to reach the basement on this map, I can see Sable's perks getting a lot of value on it. Especially her healing one.

Overall good map.

• RogueRoentgen
    RogueRoentgen Member Posts: 24
    Options

Most balanced map in the entire game imho. Fair loops that are well interconnected, good size, good visibility but also chances for stealth - the aesthetic is surely not very interesting and could use some characterizing element, but that's a really small flaw. Aesthetic is great, but gameplay is more important

• Ihmislehma
    Ihmislehma Member Posts: 22
    Options

I really dislike this map.

It's extremely important to do the near middle gens, which the killer will of course hang around. Basement is always in the middle.

Very "same-y" on all sides, only landmarks being shack (in the middle), "fun bus", and the truck, typically.

I've had some of my most miserable games on this map after a Nurse or Blight burned a MacMillan offering and tunneled/slugged people before gens even start popping.

• CodesterKing
    CodesterKing Member Posts: 11
    Options

Very balanced map and is my favourite out of the autohaven realm.

The generator spread is good, the loops are balanced and feel fair to both sides, the rng is mostly stable regarding pallet spawns, but theres one small problem.

This map can be a little unforgiving against certain killers good at protecting the basement (Bubba, trickster, huntress, etc.) due to how accessible it is. Less of a problem regarding the map itself but it might be worth noting.

Not really sure how you'd fix that last part, or bother at all. Feel like its more of a problem with those killers rather than the map. Not much else to say, fantastic map.

This discussion has been closed.