Wretched Shop (Autohaven Wreckers)

Options
Peanits
Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,376
edited March 22 in Mapping the Realm

We'd like to know what you think about the Wretched Shop map, part of the Autohaven Wreckers realm. Please leave any feedback you have concerning this map as a comment on this thread. Your feedback can be as brief or detailed as you'd like!

Wretched Shop (Autohaven Wreckers) 182 votes

This map favours Survivors
26% 48 votes
This map feels balanced
57% 105 votes
This map favours Killers
15% 29 votes
Post edited by Jocelynbee on

Comments

• WhoSoup
    WhoSoup Member Posts: 150
    Options

Never liked this map personally. Main is too RNG when you have one kinda weak variant and one really strong variant with a mandatory breakable wall. Even on the weak variant, running around main just takes so much time. The area around shack is also extremely strong with strong maze tiles connected to strong fillers and a potentially really strong bus. Overall the map is just really, really safe for survivors who can connect all the resources.

• Coffeecrashing
    Coffeecrashing Member Posts: 3,224
    Options

I voted “balanced” for all 5 of these maps. Everything on these maps is fine. The new car piles look a bit goofy, but it’s whatever.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,209
    Options

First of all: why is it called Wretched Shop when it clearly is a Garage? 🤔

I think it’s a very basic and alright map all in all. Though it feels like it may have some too big deadzones for survivors and gen spawns can be weird resulting in complete empty areas

also, as a general for all Autohaven maps (and I will only mention it once here), the green tint feels too artificial and the ground and sky textures feel a bit too plain. And as always, depth of field should be reduced, fog should be enhanced to actually look like fog, lightning should be more sinister/atmospheric.

• Andro0020
    Andro0020 Member Posts: 6
    Options

This Is a balanced map overall. My only issue is that if the open window Is the window next to the breakable wall the main becomes a good loop, but the other window Is really weak and can lead to trap yourself inside the main, especially if you are an inexperienced survivor

• Hex_Ignored
    Hex_Ignored Member Posts: 1,575
    Options

the area behind the shop can be extremely barren with only one filler pallet but it can contain 2 gens which is a recipe for disaster. Otherwise a decent map.

• WampaPl
    WampaPl Member Posts: 31
    Options

I like this map. A for Balance

• AMGC
    AMGC Member Posts: 39
    edited March 8
    Options

Wretched Shop is a very inconsistent map that stands out for being very barren at times but also very powerful other times. The map is severely large and the generator spread is therefore troublesome for killers without mobility. The main building has a basement that can be incredibly strong to defend when the window doesn't spawn next to it. The outskirts filler tiles around main building can be problematic deadzones where gens and hooks are easy to defend.

The realm Autohaven Wreckers has poor lightning and some filler loops are remarkably safe without room for mindgames.

The realm Autohaven Wreckers could improve its lightning and the stronger filler loops could be nerfed slightly to then increase the pallet density a little.

The map Wretched Shop should get a size reduction which would help killers manage the generators as well as reduce the potential for deadzones which would also help survivors. The map should also stabilize its pallet density to reduce its vast discrepancy between trials. Main building could get some tweaks like a new extra opening on the back so basement is more accessible for both roles and so survivors aren't boringly trapped inside the building while chased.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,339
    Options

Wretched Shop is decent, though maybe just a tiny bit too big (but not a lot). Sometimes an area behind the building can be a fairly large deadzone so perhaps that could be cleaned up a bit. But overall I like this map.

Since this is the last Autohaven map I have to comment on, here's one piece of feedback for the Autohaven realm as a whole (except Gas Heaven which doesn't spawn this structure): This specific variant of the bus where the window is in the center should either be removed, or adjusted to have more mindgame potential. It is significantly stronger than the other 2 bus variants (where the window appears in the other location at the end of the bus) and doesn't have as much mindgame potential as the other 2 variants, so M1 killers can have a hard time dealing with this center window.

• LordSimagical
    LordSimagical Member Posts: 24
    Options

Think whole realm needs grafik and layout update

• Nebula
    Nebula Member Posts: 1,392
    Options

It's a workshop for cars, many mechanics work out of garages just like the one in this map.

• fussy
    fussy Member Posts: 1,076
    Options

Once again: rng sided, but more in killer favour. Sometimes there is no pallets at all on half of the map and it's obviously killer sided, sometimes it has decent and fair spawn for both sides and it become balanced. Voted balanced.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,209
    Options

Oh.

yeah. Makes sense and I guess I actually knew the term workshop but well… thanks for the reminder 🫣

• Nebula
    Nebula Member Posts: 1,392
    Options
  • King_Flash05
    King_Flash05 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 35
    Options

This map in my opinion is Autohaven version of coal tower, it's balanced but it swings back and forward on either side but it's a good map

• _Onyx_
    _Onyx_ Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 316
    Options

Way too big to hope to defend gens properly. Plus there are usually gen spawns behind both Main building and Shack. Those gems are pretty much free for Survivors to do if the Killer doesn't set up camp on one side of the map.

The Main building is also quite a ridiculous tile. Nothing really to do in the middle of it, but running around the outside wastes so much of the Killers time

• Tipsy
    Tipsy Member Posts: 36
    Options

Dont know what to say about this map. It feels solid on both sides.

• KazRen
    KazRen Member Posts: 152
    Options

I voted balanced but only because this map can be inconsistent on who benefits more.

The rng makes this map either survivor sided or killer sided. It can spawn a lot of deadzones or a lot of strong loops. Sometimes main building is good, sometimes it's ok. This map feels very inconsistent, whether that's what is desired or not I don't know but I can confidently say it's a little bit annoying given how hard it leans for one side or the other.

The map is big.

As someone else has said, it's very easy to camp basement if the window isn't right next to the entrance of basement.

• Archol123
    Archol123 Member Posts: 3,347
    Options

The map is rather big, the main buildings varies in strength depending on which window is open, it has a really high visibility and you can basically see across the entire map on some spots. However overall I think it is alright.

The Azarovs and McMillan maps are overall really not that problematic, those maps are by far the best ones in the game, with some exceptions.

• Steakdabait
    Steakdabait Member Posts: 1,245
    Options

Honestly really dislike playing on this game and i just wouldn't be able to tell you why. I will say that the rng on main should be removed and the map should be balanced around it ether having or not having a god window.

• Stroggz
    Stroggz Member Posts: 495
    Options

Of all of Autohaven Wreckers I hate only Azarov's.

• Gabe_Soma
    Gabe_Soma Member Posts: 276
    Options

Too RNG dependent, it can spawn either deadzones or strong fillers.

The main building is very sad and weak.

• RogueRoentgen
    RogueRoentgen Member Posts: 24
    Options

Maybe a little too much on the bigger side, and filler pallet rng can be a little wild, but overall a pleasant map to spawn on, on both sides.

• Ihmislehma
    Ihmislehma Member Posts: 22
    edited March 15
    Options

Edit: mixed my map names

• Dirt
    Dirt Member Posts: 4
    Options

it applies to this map but also every map. please just run against every surface and youll see how many objects snag or have huge hitboxes that really shouldnt

This discussion has been closed.