Adrenaline-Nerf incoming

Options
KaTo1337
KaTo1337 Member Posts: 464

Live in the livestream its added to the roadmap.

My wish: You dont wake up when the perk triggers.

;-)

Comments

• Samatrain
    Samatrain Member Posts: 80
    Options

The effect not working while carried or being on hooked would be great, it's a little thing but it makes a difference!

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,069
    Options

It would be similar if NOED for example worked after the fact. Imagine you hit a survivor, and then the last gen pops, then that survivor just drops. It doesn't make sense that it "stores" the effect, especially since when it does it has little counter. You hook the survivor, then if they get unhooked they are guaranteed to get out, because they get both the heal and the speed boost, plenty of speed to get from one corner of the map all the way to the opposite corner if they need to.

• jonifire
    jonifire Member Posts: 1,437
    Options

Often this perk can also hinders you for 40s, when it activates while you are healthy and then you can‘t use other exhaustion perks.

• Spare_Them_Mori_Me
    Spare_Them_Mori_Me Member Posts: 1,328
    Options

i forgot my /s lol.

If they make the perk ONLY wake you up vs Freddy, and it had NOTHING else.. I'd give BHVR props for the best humour in any game lol

• ArkInk
    ArkInk Member Posts: 471
    edited March 12
    Options

Honestly, I think the perk would be completely fine if they removed the tertiary effect that wakes you up. It makes sense thematically, but all Killer specific perk changes were removed awhile ago, so idk why this is still in the game.

Also, if Adrenaline was allowed to wake survs up, why wasn't Wake Up? Like, really?

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531
    Options

It shouldn't wake you up on principle alone since a perk should never DIRECTLY affect a killers unique mechanic. Other than that maybe it not working off of hook (Speed can but heal no)

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,010
    Options

Image the change is the opposite, no longer gaining a health state, but remove and protected against ALL negative effect, even Wesker/Nemesis virus, Noed...

• PotatoPotahto
    PotatoPotahto Member Posts: 250
    Options

They're popular for a reason, and the reason is that they're strong

• TheSingularity
    TheSingularity Member Posts: 1,684
    Options

Maybe just remove the SB effect.

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,069
    Options

A perk should never create a situation in which the other side can do literally nothing.

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,917
    Options
  • bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,175
    Options

how would it be the only fair nerf, its a meta perk one of the best in the game, it can't be knocked down a peg "fairly"

• Spare_Them_Mori_Me
    Options

Remember its just an opinion. I'm learning who mostly plays one side or the other here. And Aven seems level headed about most things. But its clear he has a killers eye on viewing stuff. :) Nothing wrong with that. But also, gonna need stronger points than 'its a meta perk.'

Uhh... can we pretend the meta perk comment didn't happen? Plz?! :)

Adrenaline is a strong perk. If it goes off. If it goes off at the right time. If you even make it to end game.

Gonna be honest, I can't tell if you want adrenaline changed or not. Could you clarify?

• bjorksnas
    Options

Its a meta perk because its unfair its not unfair because its a meta perk, now just because it doesn't work perfectly every match doesn't mean its effect isn't strong when it does work. So rather than a big burst that swings matches it should be something more constant but weaker for example.

As with most things because it only activates at the end of the game that means its a lot stronger against weaker killers than it is against stronger killers so it probably should get some changes

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,065
    edited March 13
    Options

THEY WHAT!? Say psyche right now bro

• JeanGreyarea
    JeanGreyarea Member Posts: 454
    Options

It doesnt need a nerf, except for the freddy change thats more of a quality of life change in my opinion

• bjorksnas
    Options

My normal build is adrenaline / hope and whatever 2 other perks I feel like at the time, resilience and lithe or dh, and if I want to use a medkit usually buckle up or for the people, I know that everything is usually stronger against weaker killers because its dbd and its a time based game weaker killers take longer which is why long term value perks and burst perks like adrenaline that require matches to reach certain points are stronger against them and near useless against a strong killer who plays well.

I think it could be taken down a notch in literally any of its ways because its just a staple to secure wins against weaker killers and have that go into being a bit better against the stronger killers like blight and nurse

• Spare_Them_Mori_Me
    Options

Ahh, I understand your position. Thank you for explaining. :)

DH users unite!

Anyway, I dont think either of us are wrong. Healthy views on a topical perk. We simply disagree.

• RpTheHotrod
    RpTheHotrod Member Posts: 1,718
    edited March 13
    Options

Adrenaline has always just pretty much been a pressure eraser perk risk free, lol. I did this last night. I felt so bad, but still couldn't help but laugh.

https://www.reddit.com/r/deadbydaylight/s/4yK8TbibxB

• coco_shotz
    coco_shotz Member Posts: 249
    Options

For a perk that is only acquired during the endgame, and only once at that, it doesn't need too much of a nerf if any at all. Also it has plenty of more uses other than negating Freddy.

• bjorksnas
    Options

Its perk effect is too strong for the playstyle it allows at its opportunity cost while being more effective against weaker killers due to being more likely to proc against them than stronger killers and taking longer to continue chase with a survivor it procs on means if you have someone proc their adrenaline at you at the end of the match you are in a lose / lose you stick with them their fresh health state and 10m of extra distance or you leave and risk losing all survivors completely trying to find someone at an exit gate. Making it an easy game closer against weaker killers that usually are slower and get more gens done against them and a nothing perk against strong killers who never reach that part of the game, its basically coin flip the perk on tails you get nothing and on heads you get to stomp on killers who decided to play someone other than blight or nurse or try to be nice for a change.

Yes I get that other perks are stronger against weaker killers too but since the effect this time is basically a 50/50 on what killer you end up getting its not an earned 50/50 its just a gamble if you have a meta perk that match or a empty perk slot, most perks stronger against weaker killers are like that because they provide consistent value throughout a match that ends up lasting longer against weaker killers while adrenaline rewards faster play against slower killers and greeding gens with health states

Adrenaline is an all or nothing perk, you either get all or you get nothing, should one of the strongest perks and effects in the game be an all or nothing perk, maybe, maybe not, but should that all or nothing meta perk be a coin flip on top of that and be gotten by

So should the perk be changed to be less coin flippy, yes, and should the perk be more consistent value so even if the coin ends up on tails you still get a little something, yes

Also kill rate stats definitely won't tell you adrenaline stats but sure try and extrapolate from that ig

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,251
    Options

I'd like to see them try and fix this whole "slugging to counter Adrenaline" thing. I personally don't think it's too strong but let's be honest, it's not a good design when a survivor perk actively punishes the killer for hooking instead of slugging.

Unfortunately the only 2 ways I can think of to fix it, would either be a heavy nerf or a big buff. Both of which Adrenaline doesn't need.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,251
    Options
  • Nebula
    Nebula Member Posts: 1,392
    Options

I don't think this is a very good way of thinking about balancing perks, nerfing something because it's better against weaker killers.

With this logic, you could make a pretty valid argument to nerf almost every perk in the game.

Every exhaustion perk is disproportionately stronger against weaker M1 killers in comparison to the mobility and projectile killers of the game.

Any perk that gives you haste, boons because low mobility killers have a harder time getting around the map, hell you could even say resilience is disproportionately stronger against weaker killers because they might not be able to secure the down as well as a higher tier killer and the survivors will get more value out out of it.

This could be flipped to killer as well where you could say that every gen regress perk that is hook dependent (Pain Res, Pop, Grim Embrace, DMS, etc.) is disproportionately strong for it's opportunity cost because they're more effective against weaker teams.

This seems like a slippery slope of logic in terms of balancing.

• bjorksnas
    edited March 13
    Options

Yes I get that other perks are stronger against weaker killers too but since the effect this time is basically a 50/50 on what killer you end up getting its not an earned 50/50 its just a gamble if you have a meta perk that match or a empty perk slot, most perks stronger against weaker killers are like that because they provide consistent value throughout a match that ends up lasting longer against weaker killers while adrenaline rewards faster play against slower killers and greeding gens with health states, its a 0/100 split on value not like most other perks which always give some and are also stronger against weaker killers (but not as much since they aren't meta)

• Zakon05
    Zakon05 Member Posts: 125
    Options

Aside from specifically messing with Freddy, Adrenaline does not need a nerf. Something can be strong but still balanced.

I know it can feel really bad to play against sometimes as killer, there have been some soul-crushing moments for me with Adrenaline, but that doesn't mean that the perk needs to be nerfed. It's an extremely well-balanced risk-vs-reward perk.

The only problem I have with Adrenaline is that it's especially brutal if you're playing "nice" and going for 8 hooks before 1 kill. I do this a lot. Sometimes survivors will take advantage of this to rush gens instead of healing, especially if I've demonstrated I won't go for people on death hook before their allies are on death hook by obviously ignoring them. Then they take advantage of that to greed gens while injured and heal via Adrenaline. That feels really bad to have my desire for the survivors to have a fun game be abused like that.

But that's not Adrenaline's fault. A perk shouldn't be balanced around how nice the killer is feeling.

• Nebula
    Nebula Member Posts: 1,392
    Options

This is assuming that lower tiered killers always end up giving up all 5 gens and higher tiers almost never get to the endgame though which is just not true.

Yes, Adrenaline has a 0/100 split, but that doesn't inherently mean that it's value is always worth it. I've had many, many games where survivors try to greed the last two gens injured to get its value but it ends up backfiring as they get caught out injured. Not to mention many games where I'm personally running adrenaline and have actually gotten negative value even after it procing, as it can disable your other exhaustion perk during endgame and activate while you're fully healthy and not being chased.

• bjorksnas
    Options

When its good its great and when its not it stinks, its an extremely polarizing perk and I think its high highs and low lows need to be balanced out to balance out the perk

• Spare_Them_Mori_Me
    Options

HIgh highs and low lows is balanced. For clarification, what is your biggest issue with it? It can't be both. And if you squished it to be less highs and less lows, its just kind of boring.

The perk is very well balanced with its highs and lows. The survivor knows theres a risk taking it. The risk is literally all on the survivor.

• Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,353
    Options

Adrenaline is META because every other method of healing stinks for survivor. This perk circumvents the healing nerfs but at a risk. Most survivor perks are situational. The reason more people don’t gripe about them is because despite being situational, the benefits are marginal at best. In short, killers don’t mind situational perks (for survivors) that have weak effects. What you all dislike are situational perks (again for survivors) that have good effects.

• RhysVMT
    RhysVMT Member Posts: 107
    Options

Doesn't need nerfing, killers should just run Terminus :)

(This post was brought to you by "I was told to run calm spirit to counter ultimate weapon" gang)

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 3,105
    Options
  • RhysVMT
    edited March 14
    Options

• RhysVMT
    Options
  • bjorksnas
    Options

Make healing perks like solidarity, reactive healing, and resurgence apply reduce in maximum charges needed to heal instead of healing progress to counterbuff