We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

i'm bored

Options
XenRedspike
XenRedspike Member Posts: 37
edited March 13 in Off-topic

title

Post edited by BoxGhost on

Comments

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,621
    Options

People are allowed to have opinions that differ from yours. Suggesting that many players quit the game isn't a very healthy suggestion either.

• I_Cant_Loop
    I_Cant_Loop Member Posts: 196
    Options

Telling everyone that they suck and should quit the game. Should go over well.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 8,810
    Options

There's plenty of people who probably should take a break who really need to hear it. I don't nessecarily agree fully with everything OP said. However some people go into matches just to quit as so many things in the game currently frustrate them and those people could really use a break away from the game.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,082
    edited March 13
    Options

You must play at some really high MMR, if you go against killers with 4 slowdown perks and NOED on top of that.

Also, tunneling and camping are strategies used in comp too. I can't blame anyone for doing what is done in comp. It works, which is what's most important, if you want to win. The devs have created DBD's win condition and now players focus on that. This is completely natural. When it comes to the devs; the best Freddy player of all time, that plays with neither slowdown nor NOED, spreads hooks and doesn't camp but ends the match with 8 hooks and no kills on GoJ is considered worse than the Blight on his best map that uses their best addons, 3 slowdowns and NOED and gets 1 hook in end game to camp them with NOED and get a kill. Why would anyone not tunnel or camp, when this leads to kills, which is defined as "skill"?

The only reason is to be nice. But playing nice is not rewarded in any way. Quite the opposite. In fact you'll have your opponent ridicule you more often than if you won. DBD has a real problem with sore winners.

The same applies for survivors. Why not run 4 meta perks, keep the game as short as possible and send yourself to the best map? The chances of you winning are significantly higher and as we know: winning = skill. It doesn't matter, if you looped the killer for 20 minutes straight, did all 5 gens on your own, got 9 unhooks and 15 heals. As long as you die, you are still not considered skillful.

This has led to more and more players only caring about winning and as a result, their opponents feel robbed and start to play in the same way. This is solely on the devs. They and they alone, made the win conditions and introduced MMR.

With that said, there are some things that clearly aren't fun in this game and it is every player's right to come on the forums and voice their opinion. I, for one, hate pre drop and Shift + W on survivors because it's extremely boring to play against. You always counter it the same and there is no thinking involved. Others hate tunneling because it eliminates one survivor early, which means they cannot participate in the game long enough to actually see how it plays out and only experience 1 aspect of the game. Others again hate certain killer powers or maps.

It is true that players will always complain about something but instead of dismissing this feedback right off the bat, we should look at the actual arguments. Old DH was a good example of that, as was NOED. On the surface it looked like both sides just didn't like their opponent using strong perks but there were actually some very valid points why both of them were horrible. On the other hand, you sometimes have people complain about the weirdest things and suggest nerfs / buffs that make no sense with no good argument backing up their suggestions.

Everything you said in that 4th paragraph is your personal opinion but no general truth. Neither you nor I or anyone else can dictate how players have fun. If your fun comes from playing Skull Merchant and holding the game hostage for 60 minutes (patched), then only the devs are allowed to consider this against the rules as long as it was not strictly forbidden prior to that. If your fun comes from winning, then that's fine. It's not against the rules (and it can't be), so there is no rule to tell you, you can't play that way.

Post edited by Xernoton on
  • KayTwoAyy
    KayTwoAyy Member Posts: 1,667
    Options

Last night I looped a Trickster for 5 full gens (2 seperate chases, mind you).

The game was over in under 7 minutes, and not a single survivor escaped.

It is really difficult to provide any constructive commentary on gameplay when survivors make even the simplist of victories feel like an insurmountable challenge. The game can never be balanced when there are an overwhelming number of players who refuse and/or are incapable of using the tools provided to them.

Not everyone needs to be amazing at the game. ...but it is truly surprising how few people can put forth minimum effort.

• RhysVMT
    RhysVMT Member Posts: 105
    Options

"Also, tunneling and camping are strategies used in comp too."

Except it's not. Official tournaments ban specific unhealthy perks on /both/ sides of play and don't allow tunnelling the same survivor off of the hook or proxy camping, because who in their right mind wants to watch that.

• Hexling
    Hexling Member Posts: 657
    edited March 13
    Options

Well said. I watch dbd league more then any other streamer and I watch a bunch of other tournament organizers. Comp and dbd are not even the same game.

• RhysVMT
    RhysVMT Member Posts: 105
    edited March 13
    Options

I'll be honest I read that first line I quoted and didn't bother reading on as it's clear they have no idea what they are talking about. Too many people associate "Muh Iri 1" as high elo and assume THAT is competitive play. Like you said, "high MMR" and competitive are 2 entirely different things, and one is infinitely more fun to watch than the others. I legit think a new queue needs adding for actual Ranked, where certain perks are banned and/or rotated in and out on a seasons cycle (e.g - tomorrow, for 1 season Pain Resonance and Adrenaline are banned), and the perk rotations cycle each season. It creates build diversity, it encourages making new strategies for BOTH sides and puts an end to the current PR/DMS/GE/PGTW meta and stops anything like MFT/Resilience/Hope from ever happening again.

• TheSingularity
    TheSingularity Member Posts: 1,595
    Options

I'm bored too. Also shutting down my program for the night.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,082
    Options

Show me the tournament that doesn't have the killer tunnel a person out immediately. Literally every comp game of DBD I've watched so far has shown killers desperately trying to kill someone asap with camping being a more situational but still possible choice.

These were the last comp games I've watched and yeah... Tunneling seems to be a recurring theme here.