We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

The Chilling Dungeon

Options
HerInfernalMajesty
HerInfernalMajesty Member Posts: 869

Hello everyone! Welcome to…

💀🩸The Chilling Dungeon 🩸💀

Here is a place to post anything and all things horrific. Stories, movies, pictures, concepts, creatures… even nightmares.

Enjoy your time here… try not to get lost… 🕯️

Comments

• HerInfernalMajesty
    edited March 13
    Options

My contributions are as follows…

Never forget…

• HerInfernalMajesty
    Options

Here are three movies and three books that should keep you company while in the dungeon…

This movie does things that I wouldn’t even do as an actress…

Be very careful about where you check in…

Not for the faint of heart…

If disturbing and twisted is more your taste…

If you know, you know…

A story so terrifying that the horror mounts and mounts…

💀🩸❤️Enjoy everyone ❤️🩸💀

• Starrseed
    Starrseed Member Posts: 1,648
    Options

oh how wonderfull i hope this post gets lots of posts.

as my own contribution i would like to recomend a youtube channel that deals with all kinds of horror movies:

dead meat

the host of this channel goes throu all your favorite horror movies and counts the kills be warned my friends those videos may spoil you good movies you may not have seen yet but if you have a hard time watching new stuff like i do or you just want to know how much blood gets spilled in your favorit movie and you also enjoy funny and interesting backround infos this is maybe something for you

• Astel
    Astel Member Posts: 616
    Options

The scariest thing I have ever seen in DBD:

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,811
    Options

I'll recommend a podcast: "The Magnus Archives"

In short, it's a cosmic horror podcast which focuses on The Magnus Institute: an institute which examines and investigates statements from people about various paranormal phenomena. Alongside the series being a series of extra creepy tales, there is an overarching storyline featuring recurring characters and a heavy lore. I'd also say it's one of the scariest media I've ever looked into, and even links pretty well with Dead By Daylight!

Other than the Entity's realm feeling like a Fear Domain, the two actually have a fair bit in commom, from each having their own "Archivists", to the many different characters that inhabit. The villains are unique and the protagonists are very relatable. There is some humour, but the darkness is both creative and a real threat.

Currently, a follow-up series dubbed "The Magnus Protocol" is currently being aired.

Anyway, I've selected 3 episodes to give an introduction of sorts which I feel shows off the surreal type of horror this delves into:

1. Do Not Open

2. Lost Johns' Cave

3. Freefall

• HerInfernalMajesty
    Options

Salutations friends… I hope your time in the dungeon hasn’t been too frightening.

This week I would like to share with you depictions of hell by Dutch painter Hieronymus Bosch.

Can you see the suffering? Do you bear witness to the absurd? Tread lightly dear friends…

💀🩸❤️Sweetest of blessings…❤️🩸💀

• Nebula
    Nebula Member Posts: 1,391
    Options

Looking at these always makes me feel so uncreative, they’re just beautifully haunting. Meshing together concepts, it gives the feeling of fever dreams I used to have as a kid.

Just the other night I watched “Smile”, my girlfriend (who’s terrified of horror movies by the way lol) wanted to watch one and I’d only seen the marketing they did before the movie released so didn’t really know too much about it; just assumed it would be a pretty cheesy horror movie with a few cheap jump scares but to her distress and mine I was definitely wrong 😅

If you’re at all into moody, slow burn, psychological movies with great atmospheres I’d definitely recommend. Very similar to “It Follows” (another favorite of mine) but with better character motivations and a better atmosphere IMO. I don’t usually get very scared anymore watching horror movies as during Covid lockdown I felt like I watched every single one ever made, but this one had me genuinely uneasy the whole time.

• Vanishlord
    Vanishlord Member Posts: 472
    Options

I love horror movies I have seen a lot of them. You have interested me with Smile now. What is it available on?

• Nebula
    Nebula Member Posts: 1,391
    Options
  • Vanishlord
    Vanishlord Member Posts: 472
    Options

Ah thank you very much.

• HerInfernalMajesty
    edited April 3
    Options

Ideas…? Ideas….

Intangible tangibles…

Nothing created, only discovered…

What shadows do ideas cast? What realities do we summon from the aether?… If you look closely you may glimpse their silhouette upon our material world…

The idea of never-ending torment…

Sticks and stones… What you give is what you receive…

So seemingly small… Yet filled with such grand ideas of vengeance and wrath…

💀🩸❤️Be wary of strange notions… ❤️🩸💀

Post edited by HerInfernalMajesty on
  • HerInfernalMajesty
    edited April 17
    Options

How can we be sure what is and isn’t real?…

Is everyone else in on the joke except you?…

Cycles… Wheels… Change…

We always seem to end right where we started…

Please enjoy these movie recommendations where nothing is at it seems…

When something doesn’t feel quite right…

Can you trust your surroundings?…

Can you even trust your own mind?…

💀🩸❤️Courage my friends… ❤️🩸💀

• D0NN1ED4RK0
    D0NN1ED4RK0 Member Posts: 702
    edited April 17
    Options

jacobs ladder is rlly good

I watched this movie like 2 times in a row awhile back and I still wanna watch it again 😭

It’s just soooo good of movie and it’s like the pinnacle of psychological horror

• Jocelynbee
    Jocelynbee Member, Administrator, Mod, Co-ordinator Posts: 1,166
    Options

I just saw Shutter Island for the first time recently and I was NOT prepared! Don't watch any trailers, don't read any reviews, go in knowing NOTHING!

• D0NN1ED4RK0
    D0NN1ED4RK0 Member Posts: 702
    edited April 17
    Options

Ok so I’m just dropping by so awesome trivia regarding Jacobs Ladder cause I just love this movie so much I can’t stop talking about it but here are some cool trivial things from Jacobs ladder

This entire movie was the base inspiration for the silent hill games and many aspects of it are infact taken from this movie. 

One of them being that the main character from silent hill 2 James Sunderland (who’s a silent hill legendary set) is solely based on the main character of Jacob’s ladder being Jacob singer 

And even cooler fact is that they both have the same jacket ( couldn’t find a proper photo for James)

Another cool fact is in the first 15 minutes of this movie is the scene where Jacob tries to escape from a locked subway and this is by far my favorite scene from the entire movie as it inspired an entire (not so) chapter in silent hill 3 where heather (Cheryl) tries to head to her house using the subway station and during most of the gameplay you see constant references to jacobs ladder and even a newspaper that talks about a soul being too attached and not wanting to die (which is related to the plot of jacobs ladder)

(I couldn’t find the full reference scene but there’s a scene in the movie where Jacob is almost hit by the train but he dodges it in the last second and it’s showcased in the photo where you see heather/Cheryl dodging a train)

and by the way these are just a few references that are recreated into the games there are far more things that any silent hill fan will instantly recognize if they haven’t seen this movie yet

When I first saw it I counted exactly 16 references to the silent hill games in the FIRST 20 minutes before deciding to drop the count and focus on the movie because I was enjoying it so much as a long time silent hill fan

also sorry for this thread being so long it’s very rare to see anyone ever mentioning this movie because not many people are aware of the legacy this movie left behind

Also one more thing to mention the “devils are really angels” quote was also the main inspiration for pyramid heads lore in silent hill 2

• 09SHARKBOSS
    09SHARKBOSS Member Posts: 1,154
    Options