I am a lone wolf and feel bullied by some SWF players

Options
joel84
joel84 Member Posts: 105

hello,

solo Q. For some a punishment, for me the best experience you can currently have as a solo Survivor. Although I have to admit that despite my experience and number of hours, the hunts are not as much fun and i prefer to focus on a different play style. I play a build tailored to me and like to hide. I play in a team, but only for as long as necessary. Safety first for me, and yes, I think I have a good survival rate, not just through the hatch, but especially through the exit gate. Even if not all the generators are finished. It increases my MMR and isn't always a no brainer. I love this kind of challenge because I like tougher fights.

Even if some other players call me a rat or a rat farmer at the end of the game, I don't care. Because I play the way I like to play and not the way others expect me to. But that's just my personal opinion.

Now to my problem. It has happened to me a few times now that especially SWF players who are in the game tell the killer my position via the camera when a survivor has died.

Example: 2 or more SWF players and i are still in the game. One of them dies and the one who died uses the free camera at the end of the game. He tells his teammate my exact position so that the other player only has to guide the Killer to me. In my opinion this feature should be disabled or restricted (example: the player who is killed only has access to his teammate's camera). This not only lowers my personal survival rate but is also annoying and frustrating.This has happened several times now. Even when live streaming

Has this ever happened to you? And what are your experiences?

Comments

• Hexling
    Hexling Member Posts: 657
    Options

Honestly just keep playing the more you play the better you will get and the easier it will be. If you resort to tunneling just know its going to make the game harder for you in the future since you wont learn better chase and pressure tactics.

• tjt85
    tjt85 Member Posts: 589
    Options

This is nothing more than a difference in play styles. Most streamers like to showboat and get in the Killer's face and a lot of players like to emulate this way to play. These players also tend to think this is the only "right" way to play Survivor too. It doesn't help that many streamers make disparaging comments to their viewers about the stealthier, more self-interested survivors. So you're going against the grain a bit with how you play for a lot of the community and yeah, getting ratted out can be the result. I imagine this might be reportable as teaming with the Killer but I'm not 100% sure. It's also frustrating as Killer to try to find Survivors that hide when they know there's no way to power the gens, so don't expect any mercy if they find you. Something to keep in mind. You've still got to try to progress the game and do gens or you'll be holding the Killer hostage.

Stealth is a 100% a viable playstyle and in the game by design, so if you want to look after number one when things start to go very badly, there's no shame in that. You should play however you like.

• joel84
    Options
  • joel84
    edited March 16
    Options

I agree with this 100%. Yes, it is notifiable. I was live-streamed just the other day. One of the survivors who was killed told his teammate my position via the endgame camera, and the teammate permanently led the killer to me. I then wrote a report with video evidence. A short time later, I also received feedback from support and the players were also punished

I like to play stealth and that also should be respected

• joel84
    Options

I would like to add one last point. Such actions should definitely be reported with video evidence. I assure you, support will take care of it, just like in my case

• Hexling
    Hexling Member Posts: 657
    Options

If that's the case this is a anomaly and almost never happens how are you sure they are in a swf to begin with?

• joel84
    Options

Of course, this only happens irregularly and is fortunately not standard. It's quite simple, you are either traveling by voice or via livestream. There is no other explanation

• cheetocultleader
    cheetocultleader Member Posts: 1,259
    Options

Well, not saying you have to change playstyle or that what they did was right, but it can be irksome in a team game. I think one of my biggest annoyances is when the team has ran the killer for two hooks each and our 4th person is just hiding out, instead of taking their two hooks as well so we can have our equal turn at gens or simply prolonging the game. Still, if you're helping your team and not just holding the game up, I don't see why they'd rat you out personally.

I had a Jake just yesterday accidentally give our position away, because I had Inner Strength and was trying to get a locker heal off, after pointing him away to do the last gen, with the killer nearby. He was persistent and it resulted in him losing. Sometimes it could just be by accident.

• Katzengott
    Katzengott Member Posts: 1,178
    edited March 18
    Options

I feel you. Just play as a team until the potential "breakpoint". By that time you should be able to tell how good your team was, how and what perks the killer played, so you can make a call if you're able to finish all gens or not. If you're not confident in your team there's no shame going for the hatch or gate. There are a lot of tools for hiding. If you feel you're in a 2 or 3 man just play it safe and treat them like streamsnipers. Don't rotate your camera and just look up or down so they can't call out your position. And remember they can only see your aura while on the ground, on a hook or on the killers shoulders.

Most of the time i don't care too much anyway, i just wanna go next.

Main reason are killers slugging for the 4K. Pick your poison which method is quicker.

• Bafugaboo
    Bafugaboo Member Posts: 339
    Options

They could also have perks like bond to know where you are without a teammates info. This happens every so often with the trolling teammates for me as well.

• joel84
    Options

That is absolutely correct. However, I have taken this into account in my reports. You can see it on the endgame screen. Otherwise, I wouldn't have reported anyone if it hadn't been obvious.

• joel84
    Options

That's a really good tip with the camera rotation, thanks for that, I hadn't thought of that. But I don't think it would be too difficult for BHVR to limit the camera, like with deceased team members. That would of course simplify and fix the whole thing.

• NerfDHalready
    NerfDHalready Member Posts: 1,373
    Options

survivors are in a team.

• joel84
    Options

Please don't get me wrong, but the one has nothing to do with the other.

• joel84
    Options

Yes, it happened again today. It's the same every time. They should really restrict the camera

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 2,999
    Options

I'm not telling you how to play your game, but stealth is rarely good anymore just due to the sheer amount of perks there are that can detect you, if you're hiding too much you will continue to have this problem because people would rather sandbag you and not have anyone at all there than someone who is just hiding waiting for the other survivors to either all die or do all the work for them, and I question how much you hide when you say this is happening alot , if you're one of those people who don't do anything but hide I don't blame them, have you ever thought maybe you're ruining their game also by hiding alot instead of helping? If you don't care about their fun why should they care about yours?

• MaTtRoSiTy
    MaTtRoSiTy Member Posts: 1,732
    Options

Yeah or only have it so you can see the camera of your own team mates and not the randoms in the lobby

• joel84
    Options

Have I already emphasized that I play a special build that compensates for my weaknesses in the game? (im bad at looping e.g) I think so... Although I'm a lone wolf, I like to help and of course make generators. Normal or ? Whether stealth play is good or not. It doesn't matter and is in the eye of the beholder. But the most important thing for me is: safety first. So if I realize that the game isn't going well, I play it safe and that's the ONLY RIGHT WAY TO PLAY -for me-. I'm not someone who constantly sacrifices himself for his teammates. I want to survive, whatever the cost !

but did you ever think that some survivors could also ruin my game by playing full risk instead of trying to survive?

-Helloooo killer hunt me-

I always have fun. But it can't be that I'm the one who has to suffer just because some players are so frustrated because they failed. If the killer catches others, it's their fault, not mine.

• HerInfernalMajesty
    HerInfernalMajesty Member Posts: 928
    Options

I think some people have an expectation of what optimal play looks like. And when other Survivors don’t fit within that expectation a retaliation occurs.

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 2,999
    Options

Well its like I told you at the very beginning of my comment I'm not gonna tell you how to play your game you do your own thing as far as that goes, you should definitely consider taking time to get better at looping so stealth isn't the only upside you have though is one piece of advice, I never said it was your fault they get caught but if you're not actively helping progess the game by doing gens I could understand why they're mad

• joel84
    Options

I understand your point of view very well. I only play solo. I always help and always do gens. Only when I realize that nothing is working anymore do I choose the "safety first" option. Whatever the cost.

Unfortunately, the stealth game is no longer so popular these days.