We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

why does sable have mikaela in her backstory but mikaela does not have sable in her backstory

Options
e4ever750
e4ever750 Member Posts: 3

i was reading both of there backstory and i was reading sables first and it had a lot of mikaela in it. but mikaela didn't mention sable once in her backstory. and in sables backstory says that they were friends since 3rd grade

the only thing that is mentioned in both stories is the moonstone coffee shop

Answers

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,211
    Options
    1. Because the hipster sells lots of outfits, so they decided to add more characters like her, her 'friend' wasn't originally planned.
    2. Lore wise I like to think Sable is one of those annoying people who latches onto someone and has a delusional close relationship with them when the other person barely knows they exist.
  • Starrseed
    Starrseed Member Posts: 1,642
    Options

its porbably one of these two and i would love if its number 2.

the other likely reason is that bhvr simply does not plan that far ahead when making character lore and they dont 100% know what ips they can get in wich timeframe so they dont make the effort to write a char into anothers story that they may never use cause the either just dont find the time or it would conflict with some ip character

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,211
    Options

Safe to say we'll find out when the tome comes out with Sable and Mikaela, and the 47th Mikaela outfit in a row.

• Quizzy
    Quizzy Member Posts: 794
    edited March 17
    Options

Definitely agree with all of this. Especially 1. They easily could've put Julien instead. But since he's a man and wouldn't sell well, they had to resort to their usual moneymaking model of it being a female character close to the aesthetics of mikaela. Don't blame them, but it's such a cop out because their lore suffers. But once again don't blame them for that because they are horrible with their follow up of lore like discontinuing the pariah storyline etc. Also with 2, they could easily resort to Sable being from a different universe where she knows her but our mikaela is from a separate one where they never met. But atp I already lost interest in the lore anyways

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 2,981
    Options

Because there was a two and a half year gap between Mikaela and Sable releasing.

They don't plan characters THAT far in advance.