Event Killers: Getting Genrushed or Fun?

Options
notyarbllewe
notyarbllewe Member Posts: 213
edited March 18 in Polls

Fellow killers, are the survivors you're facing just genrushing you every game, or are they actually enjoy the event more?

Event Killers: Getting Genrushed or Fun? 29 votes

Getting Genrushed Each Game, and Maybe Some Strong Items
48%
BlueberrynotyarblleweMrPenguinaeonskulViktor1853LeFennecFoxspliffysandsxltechnoMrRetsejOrthaneTsukihiBafugabooRoyvalBayushkiBayu 14 votes
Get Genrushed Here and There
13%
DepressedlegionTheSingularityqnyunBOFH 4 votes
Average Game
27%
HPhoenixNebulaWowieHexonthebeachkatspawjonifireSoGoNerroso 8 votes
Most Survivors Playing Relaxed
6%
GeneralVglitchboi 2 votes
Everyone's Enjoying the Event!
3%
KeefCheif 1 vote

Comments

• notyarbllewe
    edited March 19
    Options

For those that are getting happy games, congratulations! I am happy for you. Currently here, at least in the mid-day, I keep getting genrushed every single round, every survivor just trying hard to win. If I don't focus on gens, I have essentially no chance. :(

• xltechno
    xltechno Member Posts: 971
    Options

Survivors do not have to give up their chances of survival just because it is an event, so everyone will try to survive as before. The best way to do that is to complete gen, so no one has any reason not to do it.

• notyarbllewe
    Options

The thing is, it has been worse since the event started. No one is trying to enjoy the event and just have fun. All they want to do is still to just win.

• xltechno
    xltechno Member Posts: 971
    Options

Well, I guess it can't be helped. Killers and survivors alike are just doing what they have to do.

Maybe events should be adopted as a separate mode like when lights out. In that case, everyone will be able to enjoy the game by aiming for a different task than the normal victory conditions and not turning it into a struggle for survival.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 12,903
    Options

This was actually my first thought walking into the event. I was going around trying to do the event stuff and check things out and all the first matches were sweat groups going as hard as possible on the gens. I was like jeez I thought we were all gonna be chill and having fun with the event things.

• Smoe
    Smoe Member Posts: 2,467
    Options
  • notyarbllewe
    Options

It is just sad it is like that. My sole focus is just to have fun in DbD, not to win, and I wish others were like that. When I have a strong game, I sometimes just let everyone leave happy after each get hooked twice.

• notyarbllewe
    Options

That could indeed be nice! Let's the people that aren't super competitive to just have fun more. Well, hoping not many tryhards come into the event games.

• notyarbllewe
    Options

I just wish the playerbase was more chill. Literally, the base game is fairer than ever and the events are all unique, but so much of the playerbase just goes crazy to win. Survivors go sole on genrushing and strong items and killers go sole on tunneling....

• Bafugaboo
    Bafugaboo Member Posts: 339
    Options

I have only played friendly killer games to allow max points for all. As I am strolling along dropping the blood into its spots I see gens lighting up like fireworks.

• Orthane
    Orthane Member Posts: 365
    Options

Idk what's been going on but I've been forced to start using Corrupt Intervention. I had an Oni game on Dead Dawg where I was doing quite well, and then boom, 3 gens pop in 3 minutes, another pops in 1 minute. I was getting downs consistently mind you, I was putting a ton of pressure on the Survivors constantly. My first down was in about a minute, then got 2nd hook on a different Survivor and then 3 gens popped. I dropped a Chase popped power and got another down, used my Pop Goes the Weasel on the most progressed gen I saw which around 50% hooked another and boom another gen was done. Idk what the hell is going on but Gen speeds seem out of this world during this event.