How do you feel about the Devs removing the MMR?

Options
Drake669
Drake669 Member Posts: 9

Since we still have uneven matchups with players either way over skilled or cheaters I feel having MMR is pointless. This is my opinion and would like to know what others think.

How do you feel about the Devs removing the MMR? 22 votes

Yes
54%
BlueberryGeneralVDrake669Guiltii[Deleted User]Archol12309SHARKBOSSTheSingularityjonifireBafugabooHypersKngBoorishGuest 12 votes
No
36%
Marc_go_soloSmoeOrangeBearxltechnoHexonthebeachCypheriusBlightedTrapperAstel 8 votes
Other option
9%
Heliosseconcubined 2 votes

Comments

• xltechno
    xltechno Member Posts: 971
    Options
    No

Rather than saying that MMR is bad, it's the bhvr's clumsiness in not operating MMR properly.

And if you want to use it with more accurate numbers, they should also reflect the survival rate other than themrselves when they are a survivor. Even if he die, he are a good survivor if you contribute to your allies. This only temporarily increases the number handled by the server.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 12,901
    edited March 19
    Options
    Yes

SBMM is bad for the game unless they’re balancing for the top down, which they’re not. I don’t mind going against equally skilled players, but not when the game isn’t balanced for facing equally skilled players. I like losing because I played worse, not because of poor balancing. With how bad the balancing is on the higher end we have so many killers on the roster that are so weak that you could play a hypothetical perfect game and still lose. Lack of agency is something you don’t want gamers to ever feel.

As long as the game is balanced for the lowest common denominator we need bad matchmaking to cover the balance problems up.

• 09SHARKBOSS
    09SHARKBOSS Member Posts: 1,153
    Options
    Yes

please let me play against the most skilled with the least skilled on my team

wait thats still possible even with our MMR

• TheSingularity
    TheSingularity Member Posts: 1,613
    Options
    Yes

Yes but we need something that works. I really don't like to see inexperienced players become cannon fodder for the experienced ones.

• Archol123
    Archol123 Member Posts: 3,266
    Options
    Yes

I don't think mmr can properly work for this game just because you cannot objectively measure skill with such a system, I don't know if it can be done in some way, but most likely because of how rng heavy map design and different maps in itself are there just cannot be a proper system. In addition you could be the best player in the world and if your mates are bad there is nothing you can do, whereas in other team games you can still carry the game.

I think the emblem system would maybe work better, just in a more advanced form. So let's say you loop the killer alll game long, if the action is not capped for the system you should get a win no matter if you make it out or not no matter if you unhooked someone or did gens, because you basically carried the game on your own. But the system itself is debatable on how to exactly do it.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,207
    Options
    Yes

Please do it.