We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Matches since the Event started?

Options
Xernoton
Xernoton Member Posts: 5,036

How have your matches been since the event started? Mine have been pretty terrible. It might just be me playing worse than usual but I'm currently on a 17 loss streak across different killers, escaped only 1 of 7 solo queue matches I played and struggle with the event visuals. So my matches have not been very enjoyable overall.

Also, why does everything have to be red? It's like every map got the Borgo eye sore treatment. Scratch marks - red. Blood - red. Auras - red. Event stuff - red. I see - red.

Comments

• OnryosTapeRentals
    OnryosTapeRentals Member Posts: 622
    Options

struggle with the event visuals

I completed the first page of the event tome yesterday and those were the only matches I played.

Theres too much going on visually and I it’s straining my eyes trying to play, especially killer. Everything looks like scratch marks from a distance. I feel like this event was poorly planned out.

• Rulebreaker
    Rulebreaker Member Posts: 1,406
    Options

Pretty fine surprisingly. Atual drop in tunneling atleast as survivor, killer is still the same.

Red is blood. We are born of the blood, made by the blood, undone by the blood. All the blood is driving our bloodlust up though...

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,007
    edited March 20
    Options

I've barely played for five months so I'm pretty rusted.

My first killer match was with Huntress, a killer I was average with. I got pitted against organised survivors. It didn't go very well.

Since the game didn't cut me any slack for my return, I've switched to the Nurse : my main killer that I handle ... adequately.

I've consistently got pitted against beginners and, needless to say, even rusted I've wiped the floor with them. I did my best to let them all live as all I cared was the tome.

• o7o
    o7o Member Posts: 324
    Options

I've mostly been on killer this event, trying to solo queue and get BP on survivor was terrible unless I was SWFing (might be better now with the BP rewards getting doubled). Granted I play Blight and a little sweaty so my games feel the same to me but I've noticed on other killers I'm going against super sweaty SWFs. I will say all the red is an eye sore on some maps I use bright filters on.

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 1,958
    edited March 20
    Options

My matches have been pretty good. I'm just mainly playing for hooks and making sure to maximize categories so everyone can eat. It could be an NA East thing, but the vibe is we are all out here with the same goal in mind for this event it feels like.

• caramelpudding
    caramelpudding Member Posts: 117
    Options

I has two cheaters today, few sweats, but surprisingly some very nice and fair killers (means, not tunneling and WE all got decent points even when everybody died). But my biggest surprise was that nice Skull Merchant that let three of us escape (they could have destroyed us with her build, gens took forever. I also thought they hated us - or me -, cause they were hitting me on hook a few times the first time I got hooked lol).

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,718
    Options

Mixed. I encountered a couple of cheaters in my killer games. The survivor games have been ok-ish.

• HerInfernalMajesty
    HerInfernalMajesty Member Posts: 830
    edited March 20
    Options

Also, why does everything have to be red? It's like every map got the Borgo eye sore treatment. Scratch marks - red. Blood - red. Auras - red. Event stuff - red. I see - red.

Red is blood. We are born of the blood, made by the blood, undone by the blood. All the blood is driving our bloodlust up though...

🩸🩸🩸Salute the Sanguine🩸🩸🩸

Post edited by HerInfernalMajesty on
  • Science_Guy
    Science_Guy Member Posts: 1,943
    Options

Played about eight to ten yesterday. My first match happened to have a well-known streamer in it and was a genuine escape with 4 out, and then it was complete slaughter every single time after. I haven't played that much these last couple of months, so I'm not anything worth bragging about in chases these days, but I'm getting really tired of doing two full gens before a single other member of my team gets even halfway through another.

The only positive thing I can say is that I didn't have to deal with anyone trying to use the Invocation. Small victories.

• I_CAME
    I_CAME Member Posts: 1,094
    edited March 20
    Options

Played one match so far. Killer tunneled out a random Leon at four gens. Entire team immediately gave up. Typical solo queue game.

Edit : Up to five matches now. 4/5 matches involved hard tunneling at five gens. A bit higher than usual. All killers running 3-4 slowdowns.

Post edited by I_CAME on
  • Ulti84
    Ulti84 Member Posts: 26
    Options

I returned to DBD after a break today..

Matches in Solo Queue have been different for me. Some nice matches, some bad matches.

Last Game was annoying though. Our Sable immediately went to the Basement to perform her ritual, shortly afterwards the first random teammates disconnected after being hooked first time.

We managed to get 4 gens running even though the Sable was playing very strange to say the least, mainly because Killer was mediocre...

But in the end it turned out that the Sable was teaming with the Killer. She was at 0 hookstages all game, and lead the Killer to me when me and Sable were the last two remaining Survivors. Of course the Killer gave hatch to Sable afterwards, so she could complete her stupid adept achievement.

Yea...

• TieBreaker
    TieBreaker Member Posts: 495
    Options

Pretty awful so far. First match the killer insisted on proxy camping at five gens and then hard tunneled when the survivor got unhooked. Second match I looped well and Chucky rewarded that with a load of BM when I was on the hook. Third match was against Cenobite and two players disconnected right at the start. I don't know if I can be bothered to play a fourth lmao.

Events always seem to be like this though. The players that come back all seem to suck.

• Feneroe
    Feneroe Member Posts: 185
    Options

So far, most of my killer matches have had survivors being the sweatiest sweats to ever sweat when I just want to bring cakes and play relaxed 8 hook games for BP and all the red has been straining my eyes, especially on Borgo.

• scoser
    scoser Member Posts: 417
    edited March 21
    Options

Killer matches have me up against survivors who are miles better than I am and I end up with a 0K most of the time, SBMM is somehow even more broken than usual.

Post edited by scoser on
  • solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 1,662
    edited March 21
    Options

The events are consistently the most fun time to play dbd at least for me. It not on the void event or anniversary 7 level but still pretty amazing

Post edited by solarjin1 on
  • HolyDarky
    HolyDarky Member Posts: 225
    Options

Monday and Tuesday were very pleased. I played many killergames, won 90% of them, and my survivors were mostly strong with good chases and all but also chill (no map offering just BP) and some of them were cute. I also had three SoloQ matches at the end of Tuesday: the first one was against a Skull Merchant and one of my teammates gave up early but the next two were really good because my teammates were on point - no throw or something and killer was also cool. Overall I had so many good and funny matches. Was really cool. Today, Wednesday, was a different day. Only played six matches (didn't felt so well and had some homeworks) and I won three of them, two were a tie, and the last one was a lost. The first one was cool because the survivors brought funny stuff and strategies. But the other matches weren't so pleased because they brought map offering, tbaged, and all that #########. It was not a good day to play the game.

And yes the game is way too red. I only got confused in three matches due to all this red but it is still annoying. I am also so thankful that the rng did not send me to borog these three days but I know the match will come and I have to dc when this happens otherwise my eyes will melt.

However, from my experience this is typical dbd. One day I can play 30 matches and still have fun because survivors are chill and cool and the next day I play three matches and close the game because I get a**holes. I really don't know how and why but that's my general experience with dbd. I play on EU Servers btw.

Now, I really hope you as well as the other players will have better matches and can enjoy the event more.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,201
    Options

Surprisingly good!

I've had some really interesting games both as Freddy and Skull Merchant. As for survivor, SoloQ has been good lately, except for the occasional Weaving Spiders user.

I can say I am having fun!

• Objectively_speaking
    Objectively_speaking Member Posts: 486
    Options

My matches have mostly been good. Unfortunately, some teams have brought map offerings a lot recently so I went ham on them. But a lot of others brought bp offerings so I just eight hooked and let them go. Its nice to see some people being good even if there are some bad actors. <I have had five games where map was brought I 3 or 4ked those cause I hate maps offerings. and around ten to fifteen games where bp offerings were used and or no offerings were used so I chilled and let people go>

• LegacySmikey
    LegacySmikey Applicant, Member Posts: 527
    Options

My games have mostly been pretty good full of hard tunnelling from the start but thats basically standard these days.

Have noticed though I'm litterally the only survivor playing party streamers or anniversary cakes.

All the others bring escape cakes or envelopes that only benefit themselves. Not exactly a new thing recently & I understand not wanting to boost killers who tunnel you out in mere minutes but still sad.

• TerraEsram
    TerraEsram Member Posts: 483
    Options

Killer side? More chill, that's an event, I don't want to be a nightmare or "playing efficiently"

I play Legion, with a mini totem build for buffing my bloodpoint, I play "normally" to the point two survivor on death hook left, and let them escape, giving them more point "waving teabag" from them, noding from my side and we are all happy

Why just two? Because one just "give up" pretty quicly and one another seems always playing with a stun build or just try to get the more sneaky and do nothing all the game

• Bafugaboo
    Bafugaboo Member Posts: 331
    Options

I sense a few more kill/death heavy games in the future thanks to the tier 4 tome with its sacrifice achievement.

Other than that the games have been enjoyable so far personally. I play chill killer for those sweet 8 hooks, only had 1 toxic group from this. Survivor side was surprisingly enjoyable. I only had one game where I got hooked once and was left to perish.

• Venusa
    Venusa Member Posts: 1,364
    Options

Omg this! I keep losing but the more I lose the more lethal-pain res.-pop-coded Blights, Billys, Nurses and Weskers I get. So naturally everybody dies at around 4-5 gens anyways cause there's no way to compete that. Idk if MMR is messed up...

• BayushkiBayu
    BayushkiBayu Applicant Posts: 12
    Options

Next event will grant us eyes?

I came back to this game from the end of 2019 (or whenever Twins were on PTB) about a month ago and felt ultra-rusty. I can't run killers like I did back then, that's for sure. I have some of that old skill but there's so many new killers and perks that I am trying to remember and be familiarized with on top of reacquiring the methods of mindgames and loops and chaining loops, etc that I do horrible as a survivor. Killer feels mostly the same to me until I play Huntress in which it shows it's been almost 5 years.

But survivor games have almost all been very tough (and probably partially due to my rusty execution and outdated information of the game). In most matches, killer is just playing to win immediately, tunneling out what seems to be the weak link and then applying pressure to the other 3 equally from there. Rarely, get a killer that can't do basic chases around windows and walls so they get 0-1 kills because they caught someone in the open a few too many times. But ever since the event started, it felt like many killers were upping their desire to win (a la pressure by tunneling out someone early).

As a killer, I either am just playing normally but intentionally only 2 hooking and letting them go or 2 hooking then going into a 3-4k. Survivors seem about the same as before the event, not much difference in frequency of "bully squads" or anything like that. Did have a 3-man try to bully squad me and then got mad in post-game chat that I played like normal and killed them. I don't know what you'd expect though, if every down I get is met with hook sabo and flashlight Background Player, then I am going to fake pick-ups and also down you if possible and punish you for not doing generators. The last person in that match I let go because they did 3 generators all by themselves while their teammates threw the game.

Some survivors eventually realize I'm doing 2-hook before kills or just 2-hooks and no matter which way I felt about going with the game, I can't help but be tamed by their excitement that they now know or think they won't get killed lmao.

• HolyDarky
    HolyDarky Member Posts: 225
    Options

Thursday (03.21.) was a weird day: I played three SoloQ-matches at the start bc they had 100%BP: First one was a Wesker that tunneled me out of the game and I guess it was 2/3k bc 2gens were left - idk. Second was against a camping Huntress with 3escapes (it had be 4escape but I messed it up :[), and last one was against a Nemesis with a 2escape. Then I switched to killer once they had 100%BP. I started with my Aurabuild-Artist (LP, NWTH, BBQ, A Nurse's Calling/Unforseen) and played 15 matches with her for fun. In 8 machtes!! of them one of the survivor gave up (killing on hook) so I won them and gave the last one hatch. I really don't know what went wrong with these players. 2 I won, 3 matches I lost and the other were a tie. Then I switched to Otz Forced Hesistation-Artist build and suddenly the survivors played the game like a tournament (fullmeta, strong items+Addons, mapoffering). I also had the cool experience to play this event on an indoormap and holy maccaroni you lose survivors so easily due to the everything is red event. I lost five matches and won two of them. Then I played one Onyro-Match and won with 3k - might be due to one survivor who had zero hooks but was instakill due to condemned. My last killer game was with Skull Merchant but the survivors were so cute (brought cakes) that I had to leave them through the exitgates. At the end I played one SoloQ match - actually two but the P100 Myers dced during the loadingscreen because his Larrys-mapoffering was canceled due to a green hand from another survivor (this was so funny). So my real match was against a Skull Merchant but the bigger issue was my team because they did totems and chests with Calm Spirit in the basement when I was in chase (ngl the best thing about the upcomming UW nerf is not the UW nerf itself but the hope that players will finally stop running this stupid perk and maybe run something more usefull like Kindred, DS, or Botany)... Overall, I also had a lot of map offerings like eyrie, garden of joy, the game, and rpd but last one I guess because of the stupid achivement. I really don't know why players do this during an event. I mean do I really have to play seriously too? Also a huge waste of BP. I also had one player waited at the exitgate to tbag me even though they did nothing during the match - some players are really braindead. The Skull Merchant in my last SoloQ match hit me on the hook when I was death maybe because she didnt like my DS and the two DHs she both got :D. Otherwise every survivor was nice in the chat - can't really complain about any toxtricity.

But overall, an akward day but many BP.

Friday (03.22) I played one SoloQ match to just do an archive and got tunneled to deadhook by an Unknown but the player messed it up by not killing/finding me until last gen was done and I got Adrenalin. However, it was a three escape but due to killers mistake.

Saturday: My first match in SoloQ was against an Unknown which got 2K. They killed one person by two gens left and I bleed out in the endgame because the killer was too afraid to pick me up under a palett. Then I had a map-offering Hillbilly who got 0K. He could had at least two kills because one player and I were dead-on-hook and tried to kill us but then changed his mind and chased someone else. So it was a misplay by him that he got no kills. Then I played two games with Nemesis one of Borgo which was already lost because the developers hate accessibility in their game. Then another one with 2K against survivors that played like a tournament and the other two holded the game hostage instead of leaving - again some players are really braindead. Then I swited to Xenomorph with 0K due to Badham (worst map for killers and stupid collisions) and Adrenalin (and players really defend this perk that it is not so strong, lel). My last match for the day was with Xenomorph in an intense and close match and 3K. This was my faviour match of the day.

Year overall, this day was not so great. Not in terms of win or so (idc about this) but in terms of fun during the match. Anyway, as I already explained in my earlier post, these daies happen.

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,046
    Options

Sweat production has doubled, at least. As killer I'm going into matches, seeing everyone bring cakes and party streamers, and I think "Oh these guys are cool, I'll play easy" and then it's Genrush Central and I'm gasping for air just trying to keep up with the pace of the games. My last survivor match was double iri Michael Myers facecamping me on hook because if I unhook myself he'll just Tombstone me.

Things haven't been very fun. The red everywhere is disorienting. I'm pretty sure a survivor sent me to Borgo because they knew how blindly red it is right now and wanted to torture me. And I'm still waiting on these stupid bloody eyeballs to be reactivated, they're clogging up my bloodwebs.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 7,970
    Options

I can't remember the last time survivor loadouts were this stacked in my killer games. Had to get off Freddy and Pig and start playing higher tiers. Example: a two syringe, two BNP, Eyrie offering team. I was on Nurse though, so....nice loadouts I guess.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,359
    Options

Mine have been fine as survivor. Escape rate is still the same (low), but I can't say I've had any particular sweaty games. Everyone's been really chill.

• JeanGreyarea
    JeanGreyarea Member Posts: 342
    Options
  • ArsonAardvark
    ArsonAardvark Member Posts: 7
    edited March 24
    Options

It's hardly been worth playing. I just ragequit after 3 ridiculous games, either tunneling the first survivor out 1-2-3 dead, or survivors just refusing to do generators for some reason. Then we play an arguably mid Plague, we're up 3 gens to her 2 hooks, and 2 survivors go down trying to get me off the hook. I just don't understand the inconsistency, but I rarely have "good" games anymore.

It's also comical that BHVR were hyping this up to be the best bloodpoint event they've ever done, and it is arguably one of the worst. The offering was broken FROM THE GET GO. Twins disabled, and people encountering game breaking FPS drops to the point that Steam bricks once the game crashes to desktop.

The game is a joke, and I struggle with why I still play it on occasion.

• Doxie
    Doxie Member Posts: 38
    Options

Nothing but campers and quick games all night. This is really unfun. They need to do more for survivors. Three matches were so bad that one person bot out. Three matches!!! They should be keeping track of that and realizing how unfun it is

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,201
    Options

On Dead Dawg Saloon, no less.

This might be the worst experience you can possibly have as a survivor in current DBD.

• NerfDHalready
    NerfDHalready Member Posts: 1,373
    Options

event visuals are AWFUL and event overall is super performance-demanding, my pc is going insane.