The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Dead Hard vs. Sprint Burst which one do you like more?

i have played with both sprint burst and dead hard im interested to see which one you guys use (or if you dont use either).
i personally use sprint burst mainly to be able to create space between you and the killer but i also have to walk everywhere which is a pain. with dead hard its very weird sometimes because if you have a killer who can instadown you (such as billy) dead hard sometimes dosent have an effect on the game but when it does it can create some very clutch situations _-)

Comments

• weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144
    I personally like SB more but DH is far more useful and practical for most situations. SB you really need to manage your walking and sprinting, and people forget when you're in a chase you dont just get SB every 40 seconds due to the sprint penalty for Exhaustion.

I pretty much run SB for the surprise clutch moments it can bring.
  • Abyssionknight
    Abyssionknight Member Posts: 69

Dead hard requires more skill to use effectively. I see a ton of people who use it poorly, running into objects, failing to avoid the killer etc. In contrast a chimp could figure out how to use SB correctly.

So personally I'd say SB is the better crutch. Creates a larger gap, very straight forward to use, and doesn't require anything risk to use.

Dead hard is definitely better if you want a challenge / know how to use it though. Used well it can turn an unsafe pallet loop into a safe one, which might be the difference between you living or dying.

• meow
    meow Member Posts: 11

Dead hard is Dead with patch 2.0

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095

Sprint burst is way stronger.
    Always been, and probably always will.

• Daisukin
    Daisukin Member Posts: 4

@LiveByNightTime said:
    i have played with both sprint burst and dead hard im interested to see which one you guys use (or if you dont use either).
    i personally use sprint burst mainly to be able to create space between you and the killer but i also have to walk everywhere which is a pain. with dead hard its very weird sometimes because if you have a killer who can instadown you (such as billy) dead hard sometimes dosent have an effect on the game but when it does it can create some very clutch situations _-)

Sprint burst. When you get caught you are already very far from the killer and requires no risk. With dead hard if your against a tier 3 Myers or a killer with NOED and your fully healed your screwed.

• RepliCant
    RepliCant Member Posts: 1,436

Sprint Burst has more clutches, but I've always been a Dead Hard fan :P

But the amount of times I dead harded into a pallet and got a stun and escaped a chase was great.

The amount of times I deadharded and it saved my ass into the exit gates, hatch, etc, is good for me.

• McJesusBurger
    McJesusBurger Member Posts: 7
    edited June 2018

I honestly prefer DH over SB due to the fact that Dead Hard is for me a controlable (but shorter) version of SB. Both has ups and downs.

SB
    Good things

• You are like the Usain Bolt of Dead by Daylight for 3 Seconds
    • The Distance you run is much bigger
    • You can outrun some of the Killer Attacks like Leatherface' Chainsaw, the runattack from the pig

Bad things

• you have to save it for the right moment otherwise you just waste it and can't use it when you need it the most

DH
    Good Things

• You can use it whenever you want (when your injured)
    • Works for me as a third health state
    • Can be a Game Changer for getting Hatch, Dashing in the Exit Gates, saving someone from the hook
    • The new animation is lit, i like it a lot
    • It can also be used to outrun some of the Killers abilitys when Leatherface is charging at you or especially the traps from the Trapper

Bad Things

• it is just 1 second so shorter than SB
    • you have to get the right timing (but this is just something you need to practice)
  • Temori
    Temori Member Posts: 27

Both are very strong. But instead of SB I use Lithe because I run a lot and I hate it when I can't run (cuz I don't wanna waste my sprint burst). Btw I like using Lithe & Dance with me.

But I do use Dead Hard as well. Taking a hit is extremely useful. The only problem is that you need a good timing.

• emirasal
    emirasal Member Posts: 1

sprint brust

• EngagedWater
    EngagedWater Member Posts: 2
    Sprint burst, because dead hard can be predicted by killers and toen it's pretty much useless.
  • SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273
    I don't use either but it really depends on which Killer you’re facing. DH is alright if you’re a Looper vs. all Killers though it’s kind of crappy if you’re in the open. It’s a direct counter to Nurse though. It’s amazing if you simply hit it when she appears from her blink in Strike distance. 

I hate Sprint Burst, but Dead Hard drives me bonkers when I’m Nurse. 
  • Linkdouken
    Linkdouken Member Posts: 103
    Sprint Burst because I'm aweful with Dead Hard. 

Still use it every now and again to practice. Had no idea it worked against Trapper traps 😯
  • ASpazNamedSteve
    ASpazNamedSteve Member Posts: 1,784

I prefer Dead Hard as a perk, as it's conditional, fun, more skill based, and counterable unlike SB.

However SB is the vastly superior perk. No exhaustion perk trumps Sprint Burst.

• Doc
    Doc Member Posts: 94

Sprint burst is stronger, but Dead Hard is more fun to use, counter able, and balanced.

• LiveByNightTime
    LiveByNightTime Member Posts: 17

@meow said:

Just asking what you mean by this since I'm on console so the patch hasn't released so what happened

• meow
    meow Member Posts: 11

@LiveByNightTime said:

@meow said:

Just asking what you mean by this since I'm on console so the patch hasn't released so what happened

1) if you dead hard 1 time (new animation) killer will allways bait you to use it then M1 your f.a.t a.s.s
    2) i allways get hit at last millisecond of animation even if i have green ping
    3) no more dead hard to pallet vaccum to escape
    4) dead hard is useless against clown smoke

• LiveByNightTime

@meow said:

@LiveByNightTime said:

@meow said:

1) if you dead hard 1 time (new animation) killer will allways bait you to use it then M1 your f.a.t a.s.s
    2) i allways get hit at last millisecond of animation even if i have green ping
    3) no more dead hard to pallet vaccum to escape
    4) dead hard is useless against clown smoke

on god then thanks

• Broccoli_Jaeger
    Broccoli_Jaeger Member Posts: 252
    I prefer SB over DH because if the killer is a Leatherface of Hillbilly you won't be able to use DH because they can down you with 1 hit.
  • TangledHelix
    TangledHelix Member Posts: 89
    Sprint Burst. I like being able to dodge the first attack or the ability to get me to a safer area rather than "take the hit now or take it in a few seconds".
  • LiveByNightTime

@Broccoli_Jaeger said:
    I prefer SB over DH because if the killer is a Leatherface of Hillbilly you won't be able to use DH because they can down you with 1 hit.

exactly one of my points

• Weederick
    Weederick Member Posts: 1,080

Dead Hard can be countered. Sprint Burst can not. And it makes you unhook and genrush quicker. Turns every area into a safe space and counters every killer. DH is more fun though.
    Sprintburst 2 sec when

• hMM
    hMM Member Posts: 121

I like SB more but i prefer lithe the most

• Magnus13
    Magnus13 Member Posts: 74

I actually prefer to use Balanced Landing, as it works as a Sprint Burst only you don’t need to walk everywhere. Also it reduces your stagger, which is a must for certain kite spots. And for those who say that it’s not useful if you don’t have anywhere to fall from, all I have say is that sprint burst & Dead Hard Combined won’t save you from a good Killer unless you’re a better survivor. The perks are just assists.

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

I prefer Dead Hard because it gives me a second chance in a chase, if the game doesn't wig the ######### out and actually let me use it instead of deciding I got hit instead or it shows the Exhausted status but didn't give me the dodge.

I don't like SB because it doesn't help in a chase, it just gives you a head start, whether you get cuahgt or not is up to you. Dead Hard has saved my ass dozens of time when it works, I've lead Killers on loooong chases just because of it and because they know I'm a problem they tunnel the ######### out of me once they catch me. Knowing the loops and having Dead Hard can save your life, having Sprint Burst just give you a small boost that really does nothing in the end.

But when I don't have DH I use Lithe, there are lots of Vaults and Lithe has saved my life several times as well, I still remember the time I was on my 3rd hook and the gates were open with the Killer hot on my ass and I found a damn window and leaped that mother so hard I ran right out the damn door laughing to sweet victory.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

As someone who holds shift basically the entire game as a Survivor, I'd use DH. I don't use any Exhaustion perks though.