We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Can someone explain to me why this Add-On has these penalties?

Options
ays12151
ays12151 Member Posts: 488

For a little comparison - not that long ago S Tier Killer could use Add-On that would give him 4 Massive Buffs for just one penalty.

Why? Can someone explain to me why? WHY?

Comments

• D0NN1ED4RK0
    D0NN1ED4RK0 Member Posts: 695
    Options

I think they should decrease the charge time penalty and remove the movement speed debuff

addon doesn’t even seem problematic in a least bit imo

• ays12151
    Options

If they would remove movement speed penalty & decrease the charge time penalty to 12% (same as The Beast's Marks) this Add-On would be useful. It wouldn't change the best combination for Bubba (always Speed & Chili).

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,184
    Options

Add On-Design is not consistent in DBD. You have weaker Killers who have restrictions on their Add Ons while stronger Killers dont. You also sometimes have harsher restrictions on Add Ons which are just weaker than others who dont have Downsides.

I think the main reason is because not everyone works on every Add On/Killer. They have teams which design specific Killers and their Add Ons and those teams dont really have to communicate with each other.

We have seen this with Singularity - in one Q&A they said that they had a different plan for him, but it turned out they would have just created a second Skull Merchant, meaning that they were about to do the same Killer twice in a row, because there was no communication between the teams.

So I guess people who have desigend Bubbas Add Ons are not involved with Blight or vice-versa. And this creates those inconsitencies where some really strong things are allowed to be around for far too long (see Alchemist Ring) while others have restrictions which are just not needed or are just nerfed over time.

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 2,980
    Options

You're also forgetting that it's more than likely a completely different team now than it was when at the beginning I've slowly watched all the originals leave and go to other projects, I know before McLean left he was the mastermind behind blights power

• Aven_Fallen
    Options

Yeah, this is another aspect. But this even shows more that different teams are working on different things - the Bubba-Rework was only a few months before the release of Blight, so it is very likely that both were worked on at the same time. And the team was just a different one than the one which was working on Blight, which results in Bubbas Add On (which is weaker and the Killer overall is weaker) being different from Blights.

• ays12151
    Options

Give me one example of other Killer's Add-On that nerfs his 2 important stats for only 1 unconstitent buff.

• Aven_Fallen
    edited March 25
    Options

Why should I? This was not what my post was about, lol.

I explained to you that different teams work on different Killers and thats why differences like this exist. And now I should do a research for you?

• D0NN1ED4RK0
    D0NN1ED4RK0 Member Posts: 695
    edited March 25
    Options

You’re right

even hillbilly’s current instasaw addon gives him 1 downside in exchange of faster chainsaw recharge speed and blight has adrenaline vial which is the most roided killer addon in all of dbd with just 1 downside

Post edited by D0NN1ED4RK0 on
  • supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,277
    edited March 25
    Options

If im correct wasnt billy and bubba done in the same update? If so they struck out with billy more than bubba at least. But bubba definitely didnt get away that good looking at some of his addons. And like a 5-8 second tantrum. So if it was the same team. They just didnt have the best addon ideas back then for the saw killers i feel.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,315
    edited March 25
    Options

That charge time penalty could probably be reduced.

Like in theory, 4 charges would be a good addon (and it’s purple so it should be) but the downsides are too much and to get the full benefit it takes longer to recharge your chainsaw (since you have an extra token to recharge). I feel like duration is just better overall.