We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Can someone explain their opinion on this to me? (Cross-Progression Related)

Options

So cross-progression was essentially promised to come for Switch/Steam/Stadia like 3/4 years ago now and when the time came, they said switch would take a little longer and didn’t really say anything more about it for months to years. With all the requests for cross progression the last year and more and more games receiving it (including Apex Legends which was a big one to get cross progression on all platforms)… Why can’t they do it? Is it greed and wanting people to repurchase everything? I can see issues with licensing deals and the platform executives needing to agree to content purchased on their platform transferring to another one. BUT… Some people may not be happy but if it’s the only way to get it done… There’s nothing stopping them from transferring all progress, cosmetics or characters bought in dead by daylight that was purchased through the store in dead by daylight instead of the platform store. They have all of that information and can transfer it without permission Id assume since it all goes through THEIR own servers and that’s money directly to them. I think most people, especially at this point and day of age when most games have added cross progression and some LAUNCH with it included, would even mind having to repurchase chapters or characters that they bought on a specific platform, if their progress transferred. Like I don’t understand the issue here? Is it a refusal to implement it unless they can transfer everything? (Cause if they need licensor permission along with respective platform permission, that may never happen.) Is it corporate greed and hoping people switch from console to pc or vice versa and repurchase and regrind everything? I truly don’t understand the hold up. From a legal standpoint (I don’t fully know the laws and know that they vary from country to country) as far as I know, they don’t need anyone’s permission to transfer progress and purchases made in their OWN store. And I realize coding can be difficult but DBD has become pretty much a AAA game and massive company.. I don’t think there could be SUCH technical difficulties in implementing it for years (if they ever tried to go the route of just transferring what they CAN). What are others opinions on why they think there’s pretty much radio silence and no sign of cross progression in 2024?

Best Answer

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,157
    Answer ✓
    Options

i had been buying the Switch version just because of the announced and confirmed cross progression too, I get it, it’s very frustrating.

especially since the version is running so poorly compared to pc that I would actually argue it should never have been ported at all. At this point I just want the accumulated BP and shards from codes/login bonus and the dlc specific cosmetics such as Mins top from my Switch version and then just delete it from my system..

but I do believe it’s not entirely up to BHVR and they are not (solely) to blame here.

Answers

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,157
    Options

We don’t know exactly.

though they did state there were technological issues with the Switch version and it’s been delayed indefinitely because of that. Not really believable at this point but it’s all they said.

as to other platforms, they stated it’s out of their hands. In one of the more recent player surveys they asked if people were okay with what you describe (no platform bought content shared but in-game stuff) - might be they are looking into it and I guess if there is progress/news they might share it in the anniversary stream in June

and yeah, we live in a capitalistic world, so greed/money is one of the main factors in this. But if it’s really mainly on BHVRs side or coming from the platform holders (or just both) we don’t really know.

• acertifiedtwink
    acertifiedtwink Member Posts: 2
    Options

Which I get they want to make money too, in whatever way they see best and makes them the most money (capitalism and all (i live in the US, so i already know XD)). It just feel kind of ######### that they don’t communicate much about it with what they legally can communicate. Just kind of went radio silence for the most part after the promise of switch cross progression, then delay and never talking about it again really; other than the occasional comment after it gets brought up a million times to them. After seeing so many big AND smaller games implement cross progression in whatever way they can (I’ve seen a few games now do it where you can have your progress transfer but dlc bought in platform stores, won’t).. idk it’s just disheartening. I originally bought the game on switch before the whole covid situation happened and I bought it under their announcement that they would be releasing cross progression between “Switch, Stadia, and Steam, with more platforms coming soon”. I honestly would’ve never minded having to rebuy any content. I just want all my limited in-game cosmetics that I had, red p3 backgrounds that I had, all my items and jazz to transfer. I ended up rebuying on PC but having to regrind as much as I did felt really bullshit combined with their monetization. I paid 40$ for the game on switch and another 30$ when I bought it on PC. Yet the game always felt like it had a free-to-play monetization system. The two issues combined just sometimes make me feel very…. irritated with their company sometimes 🤣