We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Xenomorph vs Unknown

Options
DBD78
DBD78 Member Posts: 3,450

Not done a killer vs killer in a while so here we go again. Same two questions:

Who in your opinion would you class as the better/stronger killer of these two and why?

And which one of them is most fun to play?

Comments

• 100PercentBPMain
    100PercentBPMain Member Posts: 241
    Options

Alien is limited by their turrets. Sometimes they aren't ideal and survivors just run, and can be exacerbated by Events and Coins.

Unknown can cook some spicy hits if they aren't afraid of embarrassing themselves. Like, Unknown can hit people on 2nd floors of Midwich without ever throwing a grenade up onto a 2nd floor. Huntress can't even do that.

I love my Alien but this guy is just something else. I can see myself playing with Unknown for a while

• Yharwick
    Yharwick Member Posts: 274
    Options

I think Xeno is better personally, better mobility and map info with a power you can't really loop against.

Unknown is very good but it's difficult to get your hallucinations where you want them and it's still a killer you have to hit with 3 times.

People are gonna say turrets hold Xeno back like every Xeno isn't running E-Helmet, Star Chart or both and ike half of solos don't ignore the turrets completely.

• E5150
    E5150 Member Posts: 54
    Options

I feel Xeno is harder to counter, especially because most run the add-ons that nerf turrets. You also can't "dispel" control stations as you can hallucinations, so it will go from one place to another very fast, and there isn't much you can do about it. Tunnels help finding survivors as well. I feel Xeno is much more complete, even though Unknown UVX is much flashier and landing crazy shots is very rewarding.

• Friendly_Blendette
    Friendly_Blendette Member Posts: 2,923
    Options

If you know how to edge your power you can basically place the hallucinations anywhere you want.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,617
    Options

This is a tough one. I think there is a pretty good argument to be made that they are fairly equal in power. Both have good chase and map traversal. I personally perform a little better on Unknown though. The near instant teleport is just stronger than the tunnels in terms of maintaining pressure imho.

• Yharwick
    Options

In theory yes in practice you're going to be in chase most of the time one is ready to spawn.

• BlightAbuser
    BlightAbuser Member Posts: 106
    Options

Not in theory. Quite literally. Edging the m2 does not slow you down, which makes this method completely viable. I use it every single match with the unknown.

• Yharwick
    Options

I'm not saying you can't do it I'm saying in the reality of playing the game a lot of the time the hallucination is ready to spawn you're gonna be in chase.

Are you really gonna go drop chase constantly just to get the hallucination in the perfect spot?

• DBD78
    Options

Yes farily equal in power is what I aim for with these threads so it's not a clear winner. Unknown being new makes it harder also.

I like playing Unknown more so more fun he is the winner there. Stronger I have no idea I do think they are very close.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 5,938
    Options

Xenomorph I say is more powerful, especially with double turret resistance add-ons. Xeno can guarantee hits through pallets and windows if within the range, either Xeno tail strikes them or the survivor doesn't vault or drop a pallet and they get M1'd. Xeno is also not as map-reliant as Unknown, who relies on maps with less trees in order to use the UVX in longer ranges, or maps with good bounce potential. Turrets aren't that big of an issue since you can destroy them outside of chase, and destroying them during chase doesn't punish you that much. Finally, Xenomorph has mobility that is easier to rely on for getting to generators, and a built-in tracking ability inside of tunnels being able to see survivors' footsteps as a bonus.

As for who I find more enjoyable and fun to play as, easily Unknown. Learning lineups with his bouncy projectile is incredibly fun and satisfying to pull off when they hit survivors. Xeno's tail doesn't feel as satisfying because the hits feel guaranteed, while Unknown I feel like I put more effort into actually getting those blast hits. The teleport also feels great, kinda like Hag's Mint Rag in a way. Not as consistent as Xeno's tunnels, but they feel good to use.

• 100PercentBPMain
    Options

On the topic of Xeno though, am I just an idiot for thinking that it's tail hitbox is NOT how it was on release?

Like, I get that the missed CD was too much but i specifically remember the amount of tails going straight through survivors went up after Xenos nerf, but nobody on reddit talked about it because people were too busy making fun of Alien players because they actually had to aim now.

I had to put them down for a while and haven't put much time in since, much like the Kbight who became 10x worse after being killswitched

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,000
    Options

I think Xeno is better than Unknown, but ONLY in the start/mid game. By late game, Unknown passes her up. Survivors will have set turrets to hamper Xeno at that point, while Unknown will have a good amount of map pressure with his instant teleports and range.

• Green_Sliche
    Green_Sliche Member Posts: 489
    Options

Xeno is much better.

Most players seem to be getting weak opponents and still think Unknown is a good killer when in reality he is glorified M1. Xeno has a much more reliable means of map traveling and can land tail hits during vault animation. Unknown can force survivor out of few loops but other than that he is solely at mercy of survivors - if they look back and dispel illusions then he has his wonky projectile that needs to hit survivor twice and there's like 4 or 5 seconds window between shots to make or else previous instance of weaken will be removed by and you will be applying a useless weaken debuff.

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,256
    Options

I don't want to compare two very different killers that have different types of powers. I think its better to compare to something more similar and in their category. Like range killer vs other range killers. Xeno and Unknown is very diffferent from each other and each has their strenght and weakness.

• DBD78
    Options

I do this on purpose to make it harder to compare the strength between different killers just like if you are making a killer tier list. More similar killers would lead to less interesting discussion, I think. Also asking about "more fun" is more interesting to see what style of killers players prefer.

So we have one person saying Unknown is "much stronger" and one says Xenomorph is "much stronger" these statements are interesting 🙂 I think only Nurse or Blight could be seen as much stronger than any of these but that's me.

• 100PercentBPMain
    Options

I honestly do not see Unknown as glorified M1. I'm not saying he's M2 reliant as Huntress, but whether or not you m1 or use Uvx feels dependent on nearby geometry and LOS.

Maybe I've just played too much Legion, but his ability to me makes chases so much easier that he's worth playing around his ability. If I know the Survivor will 100% reach safety, I'll give up the m1 and play around Uvx.

It does take time to hide from the chased survivor and wait for your CD, but I don't feel that I'm being inefficient as long as I don't miss...heh.

So many strong, safe structures/loops/check spots become unsafe against this killer that I feel I'd be limiting myself by being m1 focused.