We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

What Is The Dumbest Post-Game Complaint/Salt Youve Gotten (As Survivor/Killer)?

Options
Iron_Cutlass
Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 2,758
edited March 26 in General Discussions

Im making this after being inspired by a recent post-game chat interaction.

Survivor got upset that I didnt respect the 4% unhook (1 Survivor was dead, the other 3 Survivors were alive) during EGC. In the post-game chat I was called "Sweaty" repeatedly... and would you like to know what I was using?

H: Thrill of the Hunt, Beast of Prey, Distressing, Play With Your Food... On Wraith. Terrormisu included, I was the only person to bring a universal +100% BP offering.

But I was called "Sweaty" repeatedly, along with a lot of other hateful things, -rep of my Steam profile as per usual.

Comments

• HerInfernalMajesty
    HerInfernalMajesty Member Posts: 831
    edited March 26
    Options

Wow your setup sounds fun to play against. Aw it’s too bad about the complaining. Some people just don’t see how good they have it sometimes.

Post edited by HerInfernalMajesty on
  • xltechno
    xltechno Member Posts: 971
    Options

In the chat after a match, the opponent's abusive words are translated as "I was completely defeated by you." So it's like I'm being praised.

Cheetahs are far more vicious than anything else these days. They are the worst salty.

• MaTtRoSiTy
    MaTtRoSiTy Member Posts: 1,724
    Options

That I was "camping generators" when the survivors 3 genned themselves without any effort from me.

I intentionally don't bother 3 genning as I find it a boring way to play killer but these survivors put themselves in the worst 3 gen and I was playing Dr. I asked them did they want me to just go and wait in the corner so they could do their gen lol

• ohheyitsbobcat
    ohheyitsbobcat Member Posts: 1,634
    edited March 26
    Options

Console player here.

I had a killer message me that they were apparently upset I t-bagged them after they tunneled someone out at 5 gens. During the match they slugged and humped me for the 4 minutes. I thought it was pretty funny tbh. I got what I deserved apparently.

I also had a guy get mad at me for hiding when he was slugging for the 4k. It was only me and a bot left which I was leaving to die to try for hatch. The killer eventually picked the bot and let them wiggle and spent like 5-ish more minutes looking for me. I also got humped but only a quick-y this time.

Oddly enough both of these matches were Doctors and happened back to back just last week. I thought it was the same person at first but nope, just two angry Doctors. What's also odd is these are the first salty messages I've gotten from a killer in a long while. Normally it's other survivors sending angry messages.

Speaking of, I had a guy get super upset I popped a 99'd gen which caused a 3-gen; though we all ended up making it out anyways. Best part is it wasn't even me that popped the 99'd gen but my friend I was playing with. Also not the first time I've had someone yell at me for something my buddy did but that's the most recent one from memory.

I actually enjoy getting salty messages tbh. There's just something funny about seeing someone really let off the steam over DBD. Like I understand getting mad in the moment and sending a hate message but sometimes the messages are just hysterical. Like, some people simply take this game way too seriously.

Edit: Another one came to mind. I had a twitch streamer and her friends call "Iron Grasp" sweaty and try hard. Though TBF to them I was playing Wraith and they had gone against a few that night doing basement builds and were kind of sick of it. It was pretty funny watching the vod back and see them lose it over Iron Grasp. They were pretty nice overall though and nothing toxic was said; just really pissed at Iron Grasp Wraith.

Edit 2: I remembered one more and this'll be my last one. It was couple years ago; back when BBQ still gave BP. I had a streamer get rather upset I didn't let her hook me for the final stack and just kept running away and hiding. She didn't message me directly or anything since she was PC but she did go off about me to her chat for like 10 minutes on how people like me were awful and ruining the game. Again, all because I didn't let her hook me for her last BBQ stack. I actually think I made a post on the forums about this one but I can't quite remember.

• StereoGang
    StereoGang Member Posts: 62
    edited March 26
    Options

As a killer, I once mori'ed a survivor with my 5th stack of devour hope. He was the first dead and it was the only time I chased him as previous required hook save happened on his teamates. Despite that, he granted me a"-rep tunneling noob with Legion" on my steam profil. I understand that getting outed on your very first chase can be annoying but that's not the definition of tunneling.

As a survivor, a killer DCed after chasing me during at most 30 secondes (and with 5 gen remaining). Then he also gave me a "-rep toxic looping survivor, reported" on my profil. Like... what was I supposed to do ? I didn't tbag, didn't emote him, didn't blind him, didn't even palet stun him as far as I remember... at this point, every survivor he face must be toxic.

Anyway, I have also seen some very nice people in end chat or Steam, so that's ok. :)

• DragonMasterDarren
    DragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,735
    Options

Whatever the hell this conversation was

I still don't understand what on earth this guy was talking about

• MarbleThrone
    MarbleThrone Member Posts: 244
    edited March 26
    Options

I went against a bunch of Sabo/Boil Over enjoyers a while ago, and managed to slug all 4 to death. In end game chat they wrote in Czech and I simply asked 'English please?' to which they responded that I am an 'illiterate #########' (also in Czech, I learned that after using a translator xD).

Post edited by Jocelynbee on
  • Bradcore
    Bradcore Member Posts: 68
    Options

Well, in the old days there was a lot of, "You suck. You should #########." Now most people won't talk in the post game chat. Usually if they are upset, they'll leave a nasty comment on my Steam profile.

• MrMori
    MrMori Member Posts: 1,212
    Options

Post game chat is a waste of time

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,210
    Options

Way back when, after a game against a Billy, the Billy was fuming I wasn’t going for a trade unhook so I could get hatch. I didn’t even get it before the Billy found me, and still he was incandescent.

Even the other survivor was like “dude calm down”

The billy followed me too, joining my party after, refusing to ready up.

• Nightmarefan
    Nightmarefan Member Posts: 62
    Options

Had a killer accuse me of being in a SWF and genrushing them...despite the fact he won at 4 gens(oh and no toolboxes, i was solo and i'm pretty sure the other 3 were too).

On killer...nothing really stands out, maybe boil over users getting mad when i slug.

• MaTtRoSiTy
    MaTtRoSiTy Member Posts: 1,724
    Options

As a former Nurse main who only occasionally wheels her out for a spin... I feel when you play Nurse you have ZERO right to complain about anything survivors bring and especially if you play Nurse with multiple gen regression perks! Gross!

• PilotBob654
    PilotBob654 Member Posts: 15
    Options

I love using Bubba and have gotten quite a few complaints over the past few weeks.

The first complaint I'll go over was rather sudden and not bargained for in the slightest. I was running the perk Hex: No One Escapes Death and his initial message said I was using this perk on an instant down killer. In the same message, he said "top kek." I asked him what that meant (however, he never spoke on that) and told him I can choose whichever perk I would like to. He proceeded to say that he found it funny that I need it, in which I responded that I fail to grasp his joke considering I enjoy using the perk and it of course helps like other perks too. Now this is where he suddenly turns around and says that I type like a p**o for apparently speaking to him normally. He deleted his message shortly after. In shock, I message him excuse me and he continues to say that I misheard a text message trying to mock me completely. Last thing I said to him was to grow up and learn how to interact with people because the person clearly doesn't know how to speak to someone. Then he said "Okay gramps" which I find hugely disrespectful, all for the reason that I'm over 50 and have a picture of myself on my profile.

A week after that I got a message from someone berating me for how bad I am using Bubba, even though I managed to kill all of them. I told him that I understand I might be bad, although I didn't understand why he's rubbing it in since he lost the game. He then said that No One Escapes Death really got to him and it's the only time I hit him. I was very confused to why he was upset about that, the perk did it's thing and I was sure that he was going down and picked up regardless if I had it or not. He got all confident and exaggeratedly said he was sure that I was because I missed him about 4 times in the only interaction I had with him in that match prior to when I found him again. He then told me I'm not sure about anything, although I know for a fact I would have hanged him on the hook eventually, no matter if I missed him a few times. He was in the open when I got him. He then got all snobbish saying that he doesn't want to be a bum, telling me how I should be playing the videogame and so on. I just ended the conversation by telling him if he doesn't want to act that way, he shouldn't have been like that from the beginning.

I have also got complaints about this so called "tunneling" as well. One said they're not surprised as I'm using Bubba and it doesn't make the videogame fun. I find that ludicrous personally.

I am getting more and more complaints as of recent, and it's getting me very concerned about this community.

• KatsuhxP
    KatsuhxP Member Posts: 214
    Options

Though choice:

Either the one that tried to repord me for bleeding him out after he ran with power-struggle and boil over in the room up in ironworks of missery.

Or the one giving me a -rep for camping and calling me a noob because he got downed while unhooking and tried to use unbreakable to unhook but failed because I stayed there. I mean why should I leave a hook, a slug and a gen being beside it xD

The one's saying I have wallhack or aimbot with huntress are good too (how tf would you even programm an aimbot for huntress, the projectile has diffent speeds that are probably not readable and that doesn't even take the speed of the survivor into account)

• TheSubstitute
    TheSubstitute Member Posts: 2,213
    Options

I had a game where I didn't see two survivors for 90% of the match and the other two were in my face the other 90%. The first one in my face died on the fifth hook and the second one died on the sixth hook. This apparently made me a "tunneling piece of trash" because I guess I was supposed to ignore the two survivors in my face that I alternated hooks on in order to go find survivors hiding somewhere on pre rework Red Forest on Hag. The other two never tried for an unhook, didn't show themselves, etc.

I also had one game where I let the survivors go and I carried someone whom I had downed in endgame to the exit gates and they wiggled free when I was about at the exit gate. I opened the gate and went to the other exit to see items dropped from the other survivors. In post game chat though the person who wiggled free then berated me saying they kicked my butt, I was a terrible Killer, etc. I asked them if they saw I passed hooks while carrying their on death hook self to the exit gates and they said they got out since I was so terrible, etc. I then pointed out I literally opened the exit gate for them and they continued like that. Other than carrying them to the exit gate and opening the gate for them the only way to make it plainer I wasn't trying to kill them would have been to do the gens for them which isn't possible as a Killer so I just left the argument.

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 2,980
    Options

One time as a survivor a killer told me I was cheating because I pointed at him, apparently in his mind because I pointed after everything I was doing in the chase it made him only want to catch me and because he never caught me he was trying to say taunting him was cheating and that he was reporting me......I'm still kinda confused on how that works lol as for survivors trash talking it would take me all day to find the dumbest one there's way too many times it's happened

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,270
    Options

Accused of cheating to "hide i'm in a 4man" by someone because I guess opening my steam profile and seeing no friend relations made them very uncomfortable and the copium had to keep flowing.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,021
    Options

As a old Freddy player I got told he was op. I also got told I was hacking cause of the whole class photo giving auras of non sleep survivors.

• Lost_Boy
    Lost_Boy Member Posts: 499
    edited March 26
    Options

Getting called a hard tunneler when I got 12 hooks and the team still had 4 survivors alive with 1 gen remaining.

• BlightAbuser
    BlightAbuser Member Posts: 106
    Options

I usually get insulted a LOT for being a p100 blight.

Yesterday’s instance, I 4k’d a team at 4 gens because they all gave up. I went ahead and said “ggs and glnt” just to be civil, though I was frustrated that I didn’t get to play the game either because they decided to quit like children.

The Dwight (private) went on to tell me it’s my fault they all gave up because I to play a killer survivors don’t find fun. After telling him I play the killer that I find fun, not for the sake of the survivors, decided to insult me personally, calling me a loser and to kms. I get this usually a couple times a day. Lol

• Bradcore
    Bradcore Member Posts: 68
    Options

A few months ago I was called a tunnler after taking down all four survivors. The thing was, none of them were doing generators. They were a young or if their way to get me to chase them. Running at me, flicking their flashlights. I think they were a group that regularly pulled this stuff because they didn't attempt to start generators until after two of them had died. The funny thing is, it was a killer I sucked at. I was just trying to get the daily. They would've won easily if they just did gens.

• Minibeasty
    Minibeasty Member Posts: 59
    Options

A struggling wraith DCed after second gen popped and the said the he hoped our families would die in covid.

A Freddy reported me for "being toxic" after I used Head On to stun him twice while he chased my friend. He still got 4k.

A trapper accused us for genrushing when he went on chasing a Steve for the entire match. This Steve was obviously very good and you'd think breaking of the chase to apply pressure, or at the very least, try to use your traps would be a good idea.

Another survivor called me a crackhead when I defended a wraith who tunneled during EGC to secure one kill.

• ArkInk
    ArkInk Member Posts: 315
    Options

Got accused of Tunneling a player I hadn't seen out of a game to explain why they DC'd, good times.

• Exor
    Exor Member Posts: 254
    Options

I got told that I don't exist.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,731
    Options

someone messaged me that I was hacking because I countered their flashlight save with 5 stacks of fire up I was cocky and took a risk and they missed so lol

• CrypticGirl
    CrypticGirl Member Posts: 434
    Options

Went against a camping Bubba once. Every person he hooked, he just sat and camped while the rest of us busted out gens. In the endgame chat, Bubba told us, "Don't genrush." Well, come over and stop us then.

I probably have more that I'll put later...

• Eleghost
    Eleghost Member Posts: 982
    Options

A blight running super sweaty perks with double iri add-ons saying "ggez".

• Marioneo
    Marioneo Member Posts: 280
    Options

cause i used the perk unrelenting

• Bardon
    Bardon Member Posts: 998
    Options

Clearly I need another coffee - how did you get 12 hooks and have anyone alive, much less all four survivors?

• BlightAbuser
    BlightAbuser Member Posts: 106
    Options

They are saying they spread out 12 hook over the entire match. Nobody was dead before 1 gen left.

• Wowie
    Wowie Member Posts: 556
    edited March 27
    Options

i got called a cheater for basic map awareness once

some streamer squad when i was learning billy

saw feng's ass sticking out from behind a box and knew she was there, that apparently meant i was either stream sniping or had wallhacks

also just generally being able to predict where they were going

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,617
    Options

I play on console and I play anonymous. I could simply give two craps what survivors want to complain about. Back in the day, anonymous wasn't an option and I didn't always have my profile set up to block unwanted messages or friend invites so I've seen my fair share of salt. All the typical stuff. Though to be absolutely fair, I was the worst kind of killer to play against during my first 6 months or so of DBD. Like the most blatant face camping and tunneling you could imagine. I really was the worst.

Frankly, I'm surprised I didn't get a lot more salt since I honestly deserved it. I've mellowed out a lot since then. I generally don't care all that much if survivors live or die now. I don't actively camp or tunnel pre-EGC. I just play an honest game as killer and try to get some bloodpoints in the process. I often let the last player live if it doesn't take too long. I figure I have some karma I need to pay back. But even so, I don't care to hear what survivors have to say at the end of the game regardless.

• Hexling
    Hexling Member Posts: 657
    Options

I had someone quit and get mad at me that I used a flashlight to get a flashlight save like 10 seconds into the match.

• AbsolutGrndZer0
    AbsolutGrndZer0 Member Posts: 1,204
    Options

I once had a streamer GO OFF on me for chasing her while she had an inactive reverse bear trap on her head. I was not tunneling her, I just happen to find her a few minutes later (it was long ago, so I don't recall if I had actually hooked anyone else or not.) In end game chat she was ranting in all caps about how that is not how you play The Pig and it should never be done under any circumstances, a survivor with a reverse bear trap on their head should NOT be chased.

• Hexonthebeach
    Hexonthebeach Member Posts: 334
    Options

This was from last month: POV You're coming in the lobby after a 4k with SM.

Actually I have fun playing Unknown.

There are only survivors in the chat. They can't hate my perks and need to be creative, but yeah.

• AbsolutGrndZer0
    AbsolutGrndZer0 Member Posts: 1,204
    Options

Ha ha reminds me of when I was playing Legion and ran half-way across the map to pull a guy out of a locker and in end game chat he was so sure I was a hacker as there was no way I could have ran straight up to the specific locker he was in. Luckily when I explained how Legion's power worked, the other survivors backed me up.