We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

I would run BBQ every game if they revert the BP nerf

Options

Miss the old BBQ perk that gave 25% BP per unique hook. Very healthy perk and much better than current meta. Who cares if most people run it for BP, it means the killer cares more about their BP income than kills or extra slowdown. I miss this perk.

Comments

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,685
    Options

I miss it, too. Once the BP bonus was removed I started running Deadlock. After all this time, Deadlock still feels like a convenient substitute keeping the perk slot warm while the BBQ BP bonus is sidelined.

• jonifire
    jonifire Member Posts: 1,437
    Options

Agree, it‘s also sad that they will most likely remove the bonus bp from distressing too next update.

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,257
    Options

So true.

I run that perk only for BP and I didn't care about some gen speed bonus, it didn't do much in my games anyway, but it was nice you could max out Gen points so fast.

• MaTtRoSiTy
    MaTtRoSiTy Member Posts: 1,724
    Options

I think everyone misses the old token system with BBQ, it gave me a secondary goal to get all 4 tokens which encourages spreading hooks too. I don't know why they took this away as the increase in BP from matches they implemented after that still feels like a pittance compared to the grind DBD has with so many characters now.

• jotaro
    jotaro Member Posts: 160
    Options

Yeah, if they reverted the BBQ change i’m sure there would be a bit less tunneling too. I don’t see why it was a problem in the first place

• CountOfTheFog
    CountOfTheFog Member Posts: 1,430
    Options

I'm so dreading this. I use Distressing to max out my points in the Deviousness category.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,203
    Options

Same, my friend.

It was one of the best perks we had. I miss it so much!

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,031
    Options

😭😭😭😭😭

Don't remind me of the loss of my previous Lord and Savior.

• crogers271
    crogers271 Member Posts: 1,311
    Options

I'll give the other point of view on this even if I'll be the clear minority in the thread.

My first exposure to DbD (other than one brief game not long after it came out) was Deathgarden and its connection to the DbD community. I loved that game, but one of the clear problems that emerged was the difference between those who migrated over from the DbD community and those who were new. One of the huge dividing lines was the DbD players saying that the goal was to maximize points, while new players seemed focused on winning the game (the main issue was that the killer equivalent could kill the survivor equivalent after one down, but if they killed them after multiple downs they got more points).

I hated that design element and still do. If there is a strategy or perk that makes one side too powerful/game unfun, it should be removed/changed. I think a lot of problems with the game go back to the idea that players could be either sweating or playing for blood points, which creates massive problems in balancing the game and anger at players if they play 'the wrong way'.

To me a game should not have to bribe you to play in the "right way".