We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Keys should be reworked entirely.

Options
ASurvkillivorer
ASurvkillivorer Member Posts: 1,768
edited March 27 in Feedback and Suggestions

Lets be real they never really fit into the game no pun intended.

Their only use was the OP hatch function. Now that is pretty much gone for the most part. They're a trash item with an intended wide variety of options.

Keys should do multiple things.

Open chests faster?

Maybe destroy a key for a little bit of gen boost?

Pull an item out of a little box on a gen?

At the very least DELETE broken key. Like #########. Then lower skeleton to very rare and dull to rare. They might as well do the same thing.

I don't think I've ever played with someone who EVER bothered to use the key for the aura ability. Like ever.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• 100PercentBPMain
    100PercentBPMain Member Posts: 241
    Options

I think keys have an identity issue as they are really only used for aura reads. It's unintuitive for a key to be so poggers at revealing Survivor or killer

• ASurvkillivorer
    Options

Yeah but who uses that? I haven't even read their descriptions in a long time since it seemed so trivial of a use.

• xltechno
    xltechno Member Posts: 971
    Options

It's strange that it's not used even though it's so strong. It can also be used during chases. It's like a legal cheat.

• Ilikechips
    Ilikechips Member Posts: 86
    Options

The devs have only nerfed survivor items. Every single item in the game has been nerfed. There will be no buffs.

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 1,999
    edited March 27
    Options

I ran a Huntress for 3 gens around the main building of Disturbed Ward without even being in chase last week using the Blood Amber... She camped and tunneled 1 player out at the start of the match, so I didn't feel bad.

It's such a weird item... when you get a scenario you can really use it, it's absolutely busted... and it makes no sense that it's a "key" 🤨

Personally I feel like keys should have an interaction with opening chests, and allow you to carry an item the same way you would carry a flashbang. So you can keep your key, but go for a looter build. I'd also include that as part of the wider rework of luck to be relating to chests.

• Grimmm
    Grimmm Member Posts: 38
    Options

can we please stop ######### giving survivors more gen speeds, like for gods sake.

• SolidRazo
    SolidRazo Member Posts: 84
    Options

I Agree, the survivor items are hella trash, in total 3 out of the 6 items for survivors are good that would be flashlights, medkits, and toolboxes.

maps, keys, and firecrackers all suck and don’t come close to the better utility from the ladder.

Keys in this instance should insta open chests and anything with a lock as just a basekit feature for Whole keys (not broken key) but I think an update to the game itself would be cool. Breakable walls should be more like doors to give keys more utility by giving survivors accessibility for using keys as well…keys lol and maybe some add ons could use buffs as well and some overhauls to how some of the add ons function.

• ASurvkillivorer
    Options

Yeah but its such a short duration though so it doesn't seem to insane to me.

I think 45 seconds is the highest time you can put on a key with blood amber. So that doubles the burn rate. So 22.5 seconds is what you can get out of the key. Yeah it could help in some cases but to me that seems like something that shouldn't be focused on.

• ASurvkillivorer
    edited March 28
    Options

oh, and I completely disagree with this being moved into feedback. It's a discussion, not a friggin "suggestion". What's the point of having a forum if you purposely discourage conversation?

had my topic been something like "are keys good enough? should the do something else?" it would remain in general. So silly.