We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Are we ever going to see Dead Hard validation again?

Options
indieeden7
indieeden7 Member Posts: 3,329

I've been using Dead Hard in my builds for quite some time now, and it's getting pretty frustrating to see my character begin the animation before I get hit, just for my character to instantly fall to the floor. And my question is, why?

Before Dead Hard's rework, BHVR heard people's frustrations whenever the perk's effect didn't execute properly, despite timing the button press correctly, and implemented validation for the perk. But when the perk got reworked into its arguably weaker state (aka post-hook-requirement state) they seemingly just removed it?

So I'd just like to know, why, when the perk objectively requires more skill to use correctly, is the perk absolutely destroyed when it comes to ping, and specific (fast moving) attacks?

Comments

• Coffeecrashing
    Coffeecrashing Member Posts: 3,194
    Options

The perk doesn’t require enough skill for it to function as a validated parry. There are many other PvP games that have parries, and they tend to have massively smaller (like 0.117 seconds) windows of parry time. Also, many other PvP games with parries tended to have startup frames before the parry was active, and also missed animation frames if the parry didn’t connect.

However, DBD wanted their “parry” to be active on frame 0, even though killer lunges and powers had way more frames than 0, and they also wanted survivors so recover super fast even if they didn’t actually “parry” anything.

Also, we were promised that dead hard could be anticipated, and killers could react accordingly, but that never happened. Instead, the game could allow survivors to successfully dodge/tank a hit, even if killers never saw the dead hard animation.