When an attempt to keep you hostage backfires...

Options
UndeddJester
UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,390
edited March 27 in General Discussions

So I was playing Trapper yesterday, and as the match started I saw an offering for Badham... initially I thought "Oh crud Badham... here we go, this'll be rough", only to find 2 Sables running No Mither...

Initially I was confused, wondering if this was some Weaving Spiders shenanigans or something... I checked main for basement, wasn't there, but I found both Sables down there... After downing them both I picked them up and saw Boil Over... and it didn't take long to realise this was a classic Badham use the main building underground and be too far from hooks strat.

So I left them down there, and set about hunting the other 2 players. I felt bad that I had to punish these other 2 for their teammates actions, but I couldn't deal with them while these 2 other players were out there doing gens. I hooked them 3 times each and started thinking how to handle them.

After somes attempts to deal with them I was able to work out they also had Flip Flop and Breakout, so handling the pair was going to be a real chore. I walked around trapping up all the entrances, relying on their reluctance to come investigate in case I caught them upstairs. I set the farthest traps first and then set the nearby ones ensuring they had very small windows if they wanted to disable my traps.

I then downed them both, picking up the one I downed second to deny flip flop, and took them out the entrance I left. I actually thought I might be close enough to hook, I got very close to the hook, but they broke free, but in the confusion she took the wrong door for a very satisfying "Snap!". I picked her back up and finally put her on hook. The other Sable tried for a little to come save her, but it was apparent I wasn't gonna let her go easy and she decided to head back to basement. I was now down my closest hook though from the sacrifice.

I once again downed this Sable, and immediately picked up walking out of main... to which I dropped her and threw my last trap at the door. Now all entrances are blocked... I pick her up again for her to wiggle off, and to much amusement, she doesn't even pay attention to the trap I set and runs straight into it, giving me one last grab and the victory.

I will admit I did slap them both on hook... something I never do normally, but in this one instance, I felt it was very much justified. No one playing Trapper will deny it can be rough sometimes... but its funny when he happens to be one of the only characters in the game who can deal with something like this. πŸ˜†

BHVR... as part of your mapping realm update... please put a hook downstairs... this would have been miserable as pretty much anyone else. I would have to slap them repeatedly down to slowly bleed them out otherwise.

Comments

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,411
    Options

Badhams without the basement in the school is an issue with the hooks. There's just no good spot inside on either level that wouldn't present " killer can bodyblock the hook" problems anywhere I can see. It's just too tight in there for hooks, and I imagine that's why none spawn in there these days.

• TWS001
    TWS001 Member Posts: 123
    Options

I've played against that exact scenario a couple of times. If I see Badham and basement in killer shack offering now, I've closed the game way before the match has loaded!

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,073
    Options

They should just make the basement permanent be in the school.

• Nick
    Nick Member Posts: 1,201
    Options

They also removed the hook upstairs in Thompson House for some reason. I got some people running to the chest spawn in the corner to be unhookable

• Malkhrim
    Malkhrim Member Posts: 935
    Options

I'm not sure if that hook never spawns or if can sometimes still spawn there, I just know I hate that. That map already has a lot of distance between hooks, and old Thompson's house had that hook added after a lot of requests from the community to put a hook there. I guess they thought it wouldn't be needed anymore since the upper floor is open now, but in a map with such few hooks, it is still needed.