We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Could we chill with the Adrenaline doomposting?

Options
ArkInk
ArkInk Member Posts: 317
edited March 27 in General Discussions

I don't have that big an issue with it, but we don't even know what the changes are yet. For all we know they'll just take off the tertiary Freddy effect they almost certainly forgot to remove years ago.

It feels like every post discussing meta perks has a whole side discussion over this in the replies, and a lot of the time it's people being mad over something that hasn't happened yet. I don't mind at all when it's people actually discussing the way the perks work and whether or not it's good for the game in it's current state. I personally hope it remains unchanged aside from Freddy because it's one of the few perks in DBD that's stayed relatively unchanged since launch without being broken, but that's just me.

Could we just chill out with the "devs are gonna nerf it to the ground" or "it's going to be overtuned for basically no reason because it's already good?" It won't go anywhere new or special until we get something actually concrete, y'know?

Comments

• ArkInk
    edited March 27
    Options

Was it really necessary to start the reply by implying I'm naive? Especially since you just blew over the actual point of the post being that a lot of people just jump to the conclusion it's going to be turbo nerfed or overturned like new huntress without having any real information.

Again, it doesn't matter if the change is going to be significant. We shouldn't be jumping to conclusions about its viability based off seeing the perks name on the roadmap.

• JeanGreyarea
    JeanGreyarea Member Posts: 342
    Options

It’s getting a massive nerf. The reason why people are not excited about the change is because the perk is healthy for the game yet still it will get a nerf because of people complaining about losing a match

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,186
    Options

I would also say that if it is featured on the Roadmap, it will be a bigger Nerf to the Perk. The interaction with Freddy will be removed, but they will probably nerf it more. And given their track record, you will most likely not find Adrenaline in many Loadouts afterwards.

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 1,999
    edited March 27
    Options

I suspect the changes will be: -

• No longer wakes up from the Dream World
    • No longer recovers a health state when on hook or when being carried.

Personally I'm also hoping it gets moved tangentially to be more interesting for builds, instead of a boring generic 5s haste boost you can slap into literally any build.

I've said it numerous times before, so I won't labour on it but:

• gain a health state.
    • recover from exhaustion.

Let me choose the form my Adrenaline takes. Means I can get another Sprint Burst, or Lithe, or Overcome, or Balanced Landing, or if I'm an absolute nutcase, a Head On. I can even take 2 of them if I wanted...

Actually allows me to think around other perks and come up with my own ideas how and more importantly WHEN to use my Adrenaline sprint, and depending on my build choices, still requires skill on my part to trigger my exhaustion perk.

• Nebula
    Nebula Member Posts: 1,388
    Options
  • ArkInk
    Options

Sounds diabolical! Me and the other five Smash Hit players would get a big kick out of it.

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 1,999
    Options

Big potential for Background player shenanigans too... so you can use Adrenaline for a hero build.... the horror 😱😱😱

Yes you need to lose an extra slot for this, so you lose some build variety... but how many people really play Adrenaline without another exhaustion perk? 😏