Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

A Killer to Counter Hatch Perhaps? (Idea)

BigBadPiggy
BigBadPiggy Member Posts: 678
edited January 2019 in General Discussions

The Breaker (Name is a WIP)

The Breaker looks like a construction worker two-handing a metal rod with a lump of concrete at the end.

• He travels at 113% movement speed.
  • Is around the Trapper's height.
  • He has a 32 meter terror radius.

Demolition Swing:

The Breaker becomes enraged and swings his sledge with all his might powering through anything in his way.

• Allows The Breaker to instantly destroy pallets.
  • Demolition Swing must be charged.
  • Demolition swing can put survivors into the injured state but NOT the dying state. (An add on could allow this)
  • When a Survivor is hit with Demolition Swing, the impact will send the Survivor stumbling to the ground. Survivor will be unable to move when they are hit. (The breaker will be exhausted after his swing)
  • The survivor will be knocked away from The Breaker when they are hit with Demolition Swing.

Killer Perks

Nail on the Head: “Show them why they should wear their hard hats.”
When the killer hits a survivor that survivors vision will blur and their controls will be negatively affected (Like being drunk in GTA) while maintaining their speed. Effect will last 1/2/3 seconds.

Sharpened Equipment: “Sharper tools are always better.”
3/4/5% faster entity progression on ALL hooks on Survivors first hook. Effect will no longer take effect if the Survivor is hooked for a second time. (Note: THIS WOULD NOT SPEED UP BASEMENT HOOKS WITH MONSTROUS SHRINE, THEY WOULD COUNT AS SEPARATE THINGS!)

Old Wood: “Old planks aren’t good for building, unless you want someone falling through.”
Pallets have a 4/5/6% chance of breaking when a survivor vaults a dropped pallet.

This is just an idea that I quickly came up with and tried to make it as fair as I can so if you’re gonna comment “STPD KLLR MAIN, THS UNFER FOR SURVIVORS!” Just shut up. If you aren’t going to add any constructive criticism or are only going to be negative, shut up.

Comments

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018

A good name for the killer would be the worker but I cannot say anything about the killer but HAMMER TIME

• BigBadPiggy

@ToxicFengM1n said:
    A good name for the killer would be the worker but I cannot say anything about the killer but HAMMER TIME

That's actually a really good name idea.

• XavierBoah17
    XavierBoah17 Member Posts: 204
    Those perk ideas are actaully interesting. The Pallet one could also Bind with the survivors luck mechanic. Cuz luck only effects hook escapes. FeelsWeirdMan
  • BigBadPiggy
    edited January 2019

@Gamez_A_Gamin said:

@ToxicFengM1n said:

I can also agree on "The Worker" being the name.

"Nail on the Head" would be a great perk for the killer. For the Survivor, I think you are explaining that since it is like being drunk in "GTA V", the Survivor would either veer to the left or right at random intervals, until that state is over. Am I wrong about this perk?

"Sharper Tools" and "Old Wood" are also great perks for this killer

An Add-on could be "Blunt Hammer" or whatever weapon he would use. It would grant the ability to insta-down the Survivor.

"Hard Hat' or "Hard Head" could be a perk that shortens or dampens the "Killer Stun" time. (You choose how much time)

I may edit this and add more if nobody comments after me, at least for today.

I feel like the instadown add on would be a little too much. Also you are correct about the Nail on the Head perk.

• ForeheadSurviors
    ForeheadSurviors Member Posts: 154
    Whats the point, go slug instead of wanting an easy alternative 
  • BigBadPiggy
    edited January 2019

@ForeheadSurviors said:
    Whats the point, go slug instead of wanting an easy alternative 

Key word in the title... (IDEA)

Also I'm not wanting an easy alternative. I'm wanting something new and interesting for this game, instead of something new and hated Cough Legion Cough Cough.

Also I just love making killer and perk ideas.

• redsopine01
    redsopine01 Member Posts: 1,269
    How does this affect the hatch tbh why not allow his power that if he finds the hatch first he breaks the lock negating keys but it still opens for last man
  • DwightsLifeMatters
    DwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,649
    Killer idea sounds interesting, but I don't like the intention to give one Killer exclusively to counter hatch. Every killer should be able to counter/win the hatch standoff so it would be just a band-aid fix in my eyes 
  • BigBadPiggy
    edited January 2019
    Killer idea sounds interesting, but I don't like the intention to give one Killer exclusively to counter hatch. Every killer should be able to counter/win the hatch standoff so it would be just a band-aid fix in my eyes 
    I think addons could be a way to go. Base power won’t be able to hard counter the hatch but could be able to counter with addons?

(Edit) Also I feel like his power could counter other things like knocking away survivors from finishing that 1% that is left on a gen, or knocking them away from door lever.
  • Khroalthemadbomber
    Khroalthemadbomber Member Posts: 1,073
    It exists already and it's your avatar lol >_<. The amount of people that try and shove a Pig off of hatch while wearing a lit RBT is ridiculous lol.
  • BigBadPiggy
    How does this affect the hatch tbh why not allow his power that if he finds the hatch first he breaks the lock negating keys but it still opens for last man
    Not every match leads to a hatch standoff. It would be pointless to break the lock because you would have to go out and find the hatch while the doors are able to be opened and waste valuable time that could be spent chasing the survivors off the door.
  • BigBadPiggy
    It exists already and it's your avatar lol >_<. The amount of people that try and shove a Pig off of hatch while wearing a lit RBT is ridiculous lol.
    It’s your avatar too bud XD. I think my idea is more fair since you can avoid the power. Plus that pig thing is really scummy and is absolutely unfair lol.