If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

My Idea for a Wraith Buff!

Options
Hobolobo27
Hobolobo27 Member Posts: 26
edited June 2018 in General Discussions

I think it would be a cool idea for a Wraith buff to have him be able to walk through walls, pallets, etc. on a horizontal axis while cloaked. For technical reasons, he wouldn't be able to walk/fall through floors or uncloak while inside a wall or pallet. The Wraith still becomes uncloaked when pallet or flashlight stunned. I'd also love to see this be a part of his base power instead of an Ultra Rare or Very Rare add-on.

If the devs couldn't find a way to make the whole walking through walls thing work, they should at least drastically increase his movement speed while cloaked. I feel like the Trapper moves faster than the Wraith even without Bloodlust.

Post edited by Hobolobo27 on

Comments

• sokee
    sokee Member Posts: 5
    Options

walk throught wall at a slightly reduce speed while cloak would be cool

• GT_Legend2
    GT_Legend2 Member Posts: 845
    Options
    That would add a fear factor for survivors, I like it!
  • Brawler
    Brawler Member Posts: 331
    Options
    Entity won't be displeased anymore.
    Interesting. 
  • FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600
    edited June 2018
    Options

If memory serves, that's what they wanted for Wraith when they first conceived of him, but they were never able to make it work. So sadly, this is likely not going to happen.

• DasMurich
    DasMurich Member Posts: 67
    Options
    What kind of Predator-esque ability would suit him? He's obviously inspired by it with the whole cloaking ability, tracking perks, a skull and spine for a weapon.

Maybe decoy setting? Like the Doc has hallucinations pop up everywhere that assist him in locating survivors maybe something similar for the Wraith?

In Predators there's a scene where Danny Trejo's corpse is propped up and calling for help. Maybe the Wraith can have a skill like - when a counselor is put in to a dying state a duplicate decoy survivor spawns else where, the decoy doesn't disappear until healed? Or maybe hook a false survivor that notifies survivors a teammate has been hooked and they stay there until taken down? 
  • MinusTheBillie
    MinusTheBillie Member Posts: 349
    Options
    Yes please! The killers could up their scare potential with some small tweaks like this
  • strelok
    strelok Member Posts: 5
    Options

I think his bell should help in the chase. Hillbilly and cannibal have a built in brutal strength. Why not everyone's favorite ding donger? if you stop ringing the bell within a certain zone (like a skill check) maybe you can zap the pallet away instead of kicking it. That would make brutal strength less necessary for wraith and free up a perk slot, which always helps.
    I think an add on that would make survivors exhausted within a small radius around philly-boi for a short period of time is worth looking into. A hard counter to spring burst instead of trying to run windstorm is a tantalizing thought, no?

• strelok
    strelok Member Posts: 5
    Options

call it "azarov's bone dust"
    "when uncloaking, survivors within a 10 meter radius are exhausted for 4 seconds"
    something like that

• DasMurich
    DasMurich Member Posts: 67
    Options
    These aren't bad ideas. The speed issues are a real problem with Wraith also. Cloak/uncloak time really sucks on top of pallets and windows on top of Sprint Burst. 
  • Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095
    Options

Not a new idea, but not too bad.
    Tho I can't even imagine how many bugs are gonna happen with this.

• Kilrane
    Kilrane Member Posts: 89
    Options
    I think Wraith should get a much more significant speed buff when invis. It's sitting at 126% while cloaked. It should be much higher: 150% or so. His bell rings twice per channel. I think his bell when rang once should give some short range aura buff. 5m Survivor aura detection for 1 second. 
  • Zanfer
    Zanfer Member Posts: 647
    Options

Cool idea you got here. I'll keep tabs on it.

• ArcaneMantis
    ArcaneMantis Member Posts: 29
    Options

Im a fan of this idea for wraith. I also like the other mentioned of him having some sort of effect on survivors while uncloaking.

• FujinRaijin
    FujinRaijin Member Posts: 72
    Options

How to buff Freddy: Remove lightburn and the slow when he's uncloaking.

• Hobolobo27
    Options

@FujinRaijin said:
    How to buff Freddy: Remove lightburn and the slow when he's uncloaking.

You mean Wraith? My idea for Freddy buffs are on a separate discussion post I made.

• Mercury
    Mercury Member Posts: 326
    edited June 2018
    Options

I mostly would like the Wraith to stay true to what he was intended to be. I like Philip the way he is! But yes, he could use A LOT of love. I had a certain idea for the Wraith, that could potentially be great for chases, too. What do you guys think about this:

The Wraith stalks survivors in his cloaked phase, analyzing his prey. Cloaking fills a meter of the Wraith, if he chooses to uncloak when the meter is full, he activates Death's stare. The survivor he looks at is slowed down to a specific ammount. (This would be able to be altered by add ons like the stare can cause exhaustion or slow even more.) This would help our dearest Philip in chases too, since you would be able to stalk a survivor looping you and then slow them down in the loop, getting off a hit.

What do you think? :3

Edit: I mean there's gotta be some point to him getting points for stalking, right?

• Hobolobo27
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Mercury said:

I mostly would like the Wraith to stay true to what he was intended to be. I like Philip the way he is! But yes, he could use A LOT of love. I had a certain idea for the Wraith, that could potentially be great for chases, too. What do you guys think about this:

The Wraith stalks survivors in his cloaked phase, analyzing his prey. Cloaking fills a meter of the Wraith, if he chooses to uncloak when the meter is full, he activates Death's stare. The survivor he looks at is slowed down to a specific ammount. (This would be able to be altered by add ons like the stare can cause exhaustion or slow even more.) This would help our dearest Philip in chases too, since you would be able to stalk a survivor looping you and then slow them down in the loop, getting off a hit.

Edit: I mean there's gotta be some point to him getting points for stalking, right?

It's an interesting idea but may be considered a bit OP. Maybe somehow disorienting the survivors could work but slowing then down is a touchy situation because all survivors can do is run.

• Mercury
    Options

@Hobolobo27 said:
    Mercury said:

It's an interesting idea but may be considered a bit OP. Maybe somehow disorienting the survivors could work but slowing then down is a touchy situation because all survivors can do is run.

It's still nothing compared to the Nurse's kit. If we want to balance this game out at some point, we need to start of the right way. We need change for weaker killers so I say we buff them immensely and then watch how we can tweak them afterwards- I didn't use the word nerf for a reason there.

• Hobolobo27
    Options

@Mercury said:

@Hobolobo27 said:
    Mercury said:

It's still nothing compared to the Nurse's kit. If we want to balance this game out at some point, we need to start of the right way. We need change for weaker killers so I say we buff them immensely and then watch how we can tweak them afterwards- I didn't use the word nerf for a reason there.

I suppose. Wraith and Freddy would be the first ones to work on in my opinion.

• Mercury
    Options

@Hobolobo27 said:

Mercury said:

They definitely deserve it. I wish Freddy had been a monster from the very beginning, but he felt lackluster. It was fun, but not what you would have imagined him to be. I really hope both, Freddy and Wraith get into high-tier at some point.

• Hobolobo27
    Options

@Mercury said:

@Hobolobo27 said:

Mercury said:

They definitely deserve it. I wish Freddy had been a monster from the very beginning, but he felt lackluster. It was fun, but not what you would have imagined him to be. I really hope both, Freddy and Wraith get into high-tier at some point.

I made a separate post on what I think they should do with Freddy which hasn't gotten anywhere near as much attention as this post did for some reason. I put a lot more thought into the Freddy one than this one.

• Mercury
    Options

@Hobolobo27 said:
    I made a separate post on what I think they should do with Freddy which hasn't gotten anywhere near as much attention as this post did for some reason. I put a lot more thought into the Freddy one than this one.

I'll check it out. :)