Why are so few survivors nice?

Options
Cymer
Cymer Member Posts: 946

It doesn't matter if I play killer or survivor, after the match mostly the other survivors are cursing and flaming eachother and the killer.
Why is that so?
Why can't we be nice and have a good game?

Comments

• JLew
    JLew Member Posts: 160
    Options
    I never do that regardless...unless facecamped for no reason then its just bg but no biggie...ppl get butthurt very easily in this game

• Gamzello
    Gamzello Member Posts: 828
    Options
    Survivors get big mad and think everything’s unfair LOL. 
  • Mrrgle_the_Mediocre
    Mrrgle_the_Mediocre Member Posts: 346
    Options

It kind of sucks do watch the character you chose to digitally represent yourself to die, I guess.

But yeah, to some of the extents I've seen is ridiculous.

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911
    Options
    Being toxic is cool for some reason. Apparently manners is dull whats gets you attention is being an egotistical asshat. Just look up toxic dbd youtube or twitch and see how many results you get its disgraceful. You get it from both sides since very few want to stop propagating the cycle of being a jerk to the losing side. Best to pay em no heed close chat or try and alleviate it but being nice. Who knows you might just make someone's day. 
  • No_Mither_No_Problem
    No_Mither_No_Problem Member Posts: 1,476
    Options

List of Survivors who are nice to Killers:
    -Some Quentins
    -Some Kates
    -Memelord Jake mains
    -Roughly 10-15% of Megs

List of Survivors who aren't nice to Killers:
    -Everyone else

• t3hp0larbear
    t3hp0larbear Member Posts: 76
    edited January 2019
    Options

DbD is about misdirection and mind games. Survivors (and killers) reach toxic levels of salt when they lose because a loss implies that they were outsmarted. Which is impossible, right? Clearly it's a lie that the killer is smarter than you! 🙃

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    Options

There's some that're just that way, some that're that way because their favorite streamer is doing it cough Ochido cough, then you get the ones just blowing off some steam.

• Cymer
    Cymer Member Posts: 946
    Options
    That's sad...but I see now, I have a different mindset.
    During the game I do whatever it takes to win, but after the game it's all good and fun. It's still just a game.

So toxic people simply lack the ability of introspection, figure out how they themselves can improve and just let their anger over their inability out on some faceless stranger on the internet.

Well, that's sad, but nothing I can do. Thank you for this insight.

Cymer
  • Killigma
    Killigma Member Posts: 372
    Options

Entitlement.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    Options
    Im tilted for doing the stupid achievement... I need to take a break from it lol
  • raquelambersantiago
    raquelambersantiago Member Posts: 373
    Options

@Cymer said:
    It doesn't matter if I play killer or survivor, after the match mostly the other survivors are cursing and flaming eachother and the killer.
    Why is that so?
    Why can't we be nice and have a good game?

LOl I think some of its funny. I have had matches against some survivors where if you do good job and save htem from hook they love you but the second you leave them on hook they cussing you out.....

• DexyIV
    DexyIV Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 515
    Options

I know that my initial experience with this game was really bad due to deranking killers, so that could be partially why. I know that when I was new, I absolutely hated killers and even remember saying I'd bm them around every corner out of frustration. That changed rather fast.

Long time players who are ######### are likely just...#########. No explanation for them really.

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756
    Options

Because a lot of them just don't know how to relax and just have fun.

• Mrrgle_the_Mediocre
    Mrrgle_the_Mediocre Member Posts: 346
    Options

@No_Mither_No_Problem said:
    -Some Quentins
    -Some Kates
    -Memelord Jake mains
    -Roughly 10-15% of Megs

-Everyone else

0% of Megs

I am permanently scarred to Megs
    They all suck and I hate them all and they make me feel sad. :(

• hiimyourfriend
    hiimyourfriend Member Posts: 1
    Options

YOU WANNA KNOW WHY?
    I bought this piece of ######### game to have fun. i have less than 10 hours on huntress and literally 2 games played with other killers. Whenever i play i get people who have several hundred if not above thousand HOURS played. It's so moronic. They are using some ######### fuckwit tactics that i cannot counter because GUESS WHAT? - The game spits me out to some garbage 1000h players while i just want to have fun.
    Matchmaking 2/10
    Also the hatchets breaking on LITERALLY any grain of dust before they hit the survivor is ######### great.
    Summary: I thought this game would be diffrent than any other multiplayer low effort game but it's just a buggy, unfinished mess. :)

• No_Mither_No_Problem
    Options

@Mrrgle_the_Mediocre said:

-Some Quentins
    -Some Kates
    -Memelord Jake mains
    -Roughly 10-15% of Megs

-Everyone else

0% of Megs

Nah mate some Megs really do be like that

• t3hp0larbear
    t3hp0larbear Member Posts: 76
    Options

-Some Quentins
    -Some Kates
    -Memelord Jake mains
    -Roughly 10-15% of Megs

-Everyone else

0% of Megs

#NotAllMegs
  • Milo
    Options

@t3hp0larbear said:
    No_Mither_No_Problem said:

-Some Quentins

-Some Kates

-Memelord Jake mains

-Roughly 10-15% of Megs

-Everyone else

0% of Megs

#NotAllMegs

Where the frick are the Dwights?

• No_Mither_No_Problem
    edited January 2019
    Options

@Milo said:

@t3hp0larbear said:
    No_Mither_No_Problem said:

-Some Quentins

-Some Kates

-Memelord Jake mains

-Roughly 10-15% of Megs

-Everyone else

0% of Megs

#NotAllMegs

Where the frick are the Dwights?

Dwights are either completely and utterly clueless noobs or pro epic gamers that are second only to black shirt Claudettes in toxicity.

• Chi
    Chi Member Posts: 780
    Options

The majority of the survivors I have met are nice. You just remember the negative experiences more than you do the positive ones.

• Beverly
    Beverly Member Posts: 184
    Options

Honestly I just keep it moving along when a match is over. I rarely ever say anything in the end game chat because I want to get into the next round. Dead By Daylight's community is growing a lot, chances are I won't ever play against that person again. Why people waste breath on a passer-by is a mystery to me. If it's obvious you're being a twat (BMing, face-camping, etc.) for no apparent reason, I may have a word or two with you.

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144
    Options

I wouldn't really say a lot of survivors aren't nice. A better word would be unsportsmanlike given how you rarely get a gg from a survivor.

• DelsKibara
    DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127
    Options

I personally try to stick around and compliment the killer if they had an amazing play. I am always impressed when a Killer can outsmart or juke me, especially using low tier killers like Freddy.
    Although I never flame anyone, I will just keep quiet if I was killed because I got unlucky and get camped for an entire match.

Cuz that's not fun, it never is fun.
    Being tunneled and being camped is never fun, that's like the least you could do to achieve kills as a Killer and I will never say a GG to anyone who won't improve and just stick with a strategy that may seem effective at first, but only in giving the survivors frustration you won't believe.

• fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161
    Options

@Milo said:
    Im tilted for doing the stupid achievement... I need to take a break from it lol

Which one?

• powerbats
    Options

@fluffybunny said:

@Milo said:

Which one?

Yes which one since there's a few cough adept Freddy cough that want you to bash ahead against keyboard.

• Milo
    Options

@fluffybunny said:

@Milo said:

Which one?

Taking One For The Team

• fluffybunny
    Options

@Milo said:

@fluffybunny said:

@Milo said:

Which one?

Taking One For The Team

Isn't that the one you can achieve while body blocking the hook? I haven't gotten it yet. xD Thought I did, but that's okay. Most of those you'll get with time I believe.

• Milo
    Options

@fluffybunny said:

@Milo said:

@fluffybunny said:

@Milo said:

Which one?

Taking One For The Team

Isn't that the one you can achieve while body blocking the hook? I haven't gotten it yet. xD Thought I did, but that's okay. Most of those you'll get with time I believe.

The fact is: bodyblocking doesn't count.
    The survivor must be on their feet. So basically only farming works for this achiev

• fluffybunny
    Options

@Milo said:

@fluffybunny said:

@Milo said:

@fluffybunny said:

@Milo said:

Which one?

Taking One For The Team

The survivor must be on their feet. So basically only farming works for this achiev

Oh, what are you up to? Those kinds I just let happen naturally, typically.

• Pandifer
    Pandifer Member Posts: 37
    Options

-Some Quentins
    -Some Kates
    -Memelord Jake mains
    -Roughly 10-15% of Megs

-Everyone else

0% of Megs

They all suck and I hate them all and they make me feel sad. :(k

I am a Meg main, and I am nice. I play PS4, so it is harder to message after game. If I really appreciated another survivor or enjoyed the killer, I definitely send them a GG. Have made quite a few friends that were my killer, and I SWF them sometimes. Usually play solo otherwise.
  • powerbats
    Options

@Milo said:

@fluffybunny said:

@Milo said:

@fluffybunny said:

@Milo said:

Which one?

Taking One For The Team

Yeah that one is also super picky for the conditions for it to activate in over 600 hours of survivor playing at least I'm not even halfway.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Honestly that any gaming committee with an online aspect.

People find a reason to jump down each other's throats.

It happens in games like Call of Duty.
    it happens in games like Dark Souls.
    It can even happen in Pokémon.
    Don't even get me started on League of Legends or Smite, the community for those games makes the most toxic people in this community look like a Buddhist monks.

Honestly as long as there is an online element to a game there will be people who are toxic to their opponents and their teammates.
  • fluffybunny
    Options

@powerbats said:

@Milo said:

@fluffybunny said:

@Milo said:

@fluffybunny said:

@Milo said:

Which one?

Taking One For The Team

Yeah that one is also super picky for the conditions for it to activate in over 600 hours of survivor playing at least I'm not even halfway.

Yeah, I actually didn't realize I hadn't gotten it yet. I'm at 700+ hours, but I'm pretty close.

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154
    Options

Entitled survivors or salty killer, if I have a nice game I will write gg and that's it, I play on console so I get hate less often than PC

• No_Mither_No_Problem
    Options
    powerbats said:

@fluffybunny said:

@Milo said:

Which one?

Yes which one since there's a few cough adept Freddy cough that want you to bash ahead against keyboard.

I got adept Fredward first try ecks dee
  • FoggyDownpour
    FoggyDownpour Member Posts: 288
    Options
    Zarathos said:
    Being toxic is cool for some reason. Apparently manners is dull whats gets you attention is being an egotistical asshat. Just look up toxic dbd youtube or twitch and see how many results you get its disgraceful. You get it from both sides since very few want to stop propagating the cycle of being a jerk to the losing side. Best to pay em no heed close chat or try and alleviate it but being nice. Who knows you might just make someone's day. 
    ^This.
    I've seen so many people say ######### things in the end game chat, including people I'm playing with. Over voice they are laughing like it's no big deal, but to me... it's a huge deal. People should never talk like that, it goes beyond jokes and playful trash talking. Those people that do that immediately get the boot off my friends list or a stiff message from me telling them to quit. No one deserves that crap. Being nice makes a difference and I won't play with people that are toxic in the chat. If they don't have respect for the human on the other end, then they have no respect from me.