My New Jigsaw Box Tweaks

Options
HatCreature
HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298
edited January 2019 in General Discussions

I'm crediting @legionnbuff for this, they brought it up and I'm just presenting it here since the original convo is in the PTB threads.I say ''My'' in the title so no one gets confused and thinks it's about the actual new Jigsaw Box tweaks.

So basically whenever someone searches a Jigsaw box they are obviously being mangled and we see them bleeding as they search the box for their key but we don't ever see any evidence of that afterwards. We are hurting ourselves but not really.

The Change---Every time you search a Jigsaw box and fail to find the key you recieve a -5% penalty to all actions speeds for 180 seconds. If you search 3 boxes and find the key in the 4th you get a -15% penalty which is still lower than tier 1 Dying Light which is 19% and it's only 180 seconds. Of course if there are extra boxes the percentage keeps going up but if you fail to find your key after all that you're dead anyway aren't ya. BUT this does count on Jigsaw box searches, just everything else when it comes to the penalty.

This would help Pig with slowing down Gens even after the trap gets taken off and it makes sense since they are obviously hurting themselves to find the key. And as a side thing, a lot of us are saying we should have a percentage luck based chance to find the key in boxes instead of the system we have now. @not_Queen could you maybe present this to the teams? I think this would be a cool tiny buff for Pig, I mean we have lots of other suggestions but I don't think this has been passed around yet.

Post edited by HatCreature on

Comments

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911
    Options
    A debuff like that is nasty strong i get pig might struggle but the key to making her strong is improving her dash and makes the default keys required to be 2 as opposed to 1 this guarrantes more value for your traps and makes potentiap head pop builds more viable. 
  • HatCreature
    Options

@Zarathos said:
    A debuff like that is nasty strong i get pig might struggle but the key to making her strong is improving her dash and makes the default keys required to be 2 as opposed to 1 this guarrantes more value for your traps and makes potentiap head pop builds more viable. 

This isn't any stronger than all 4 Survivors hurt with Thanatophobia, this is one Survivor or more at a time with a temporary penalty. Begrimed Chains lasts 180 seconds as well and the debuff could only be 5% or 10% for a minute and 20 seconds, nowhere near as bad as perks that cannot be turned off. Combined with Thanatophobia it could be strong but most Survivors are healed before checking boxes anyway. But I suppose 180 seconds could be too much, 30 seconds would still be enough to make a dent.

• GraviteaUK
    GraviteaUK Member Posts: 464
    edited January 2019
    Options

With ALL action speeds slower this would include billy boxes correct? if so you won't live to see the 4th.

If you have a short timer addon you would get 2 maybe 3 if lucky the trap will go off before the 4th unless its one of the really small maps, swamp would be ez trap kills.

The Pig is already being buffed with the new crouch speeds which im happy about, buffing her actions by the player is far better than buffing the traps imo.

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911
    Options

@Zarathos said:

This isn't any stronger than all 4 Survivors hurt with Thanatophobia, this is one Survivor or more at a time with a temporary penalty. Begrimed Chains lasts 180 seconds as well and the debuff could only be 5% or 10% for a minute and 20 seconds, nowhere near as bad as perks that cannot be turned off. Combined with Thanatophobia it could be strong but most Survivors are healed before checking boxes anyway. But I suppose 180 seconds could be too much, 30 seconds would still be enough to make a dent.

Again my problem with pig is not time but lethality. She has very limited snowball potential. By making her traps more reliable your granting time and potential lethality which should be what every killer focuses on delay tactics do not work in making a killer viable. Doc freddy are clear examples of this failure. Male the pigs trap less rng gives stability to her traps. A stat debuff feels like a low interactive input. 
  • TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    Options

That's about as much as Thatnophobia 3, which...isn't very much. I...GUESS as long as it doesn't affect searching Jigsaw Boxes, that's fine? I dunno, I guess my concern is with whether just piling on mechanics is eventually going to make Amanda's ability a mess. She's already the only Killer with effectively two abilities.

• HatCreature
    Options

@TAG said:
    That's about as much as Thatnophobia 3, which...isn't very much. I...GUESS as long as it doesn't affect searching Jigsaw Boxes, that's fine? I dunno, I guess my concern is with whether just piling on mechanics is eventually going to make Amanda's ability a mess. She's already the only Killer with effectively two abilities.

So you're saying it's not necessary? Like it's cool but it's not powerful enough to be detrimental but it's not weak enough to be useless. I guess instead of basekit it could be an add-on? I can see your point though, too much going on with one killer.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    Options

@HatCreature said:

@TAG said:

So you're saying it's not necessary? Like it's cool but it's not powerful enough to be detrimental but it's not weak enough to be useless. I guess instead of basekit it could be an add-on? I can see your point though, too much going on with one killer.

@HatCreature said:

@TAG said:

I'm not too sure if I would say it's unnecessary, to be honest. I mean, I don't dislike the idea and it does fit very well flavor-wise. It could very much be fine being base-kit and I'm just overthinking it. I guess I just worry about how much you can add on to it before "Jigsaw's Baptism" just becomes a hodgepodge of abilities and mechanics.

• HatCreature
    Options

@TAG said:

@HatCreature said:

@TAG said:

@HatCreature said:

@TAG said:

I'm not too sure if I would say it's unnecessary, to be honest. I mean, I don't dislike the idea and it does fit very well flavor-wise. It could very much be fine being base-kit and I'm just overthinking it. I guess I just worry about how much you can add on to it before "Jigsaw's Baptism" just becomes a hodgepodge of abilities and mechanics.

That makes sense, so basically we have the RBT, when a Gen goes off they have a timer to search boxes for the key, whenever they search the box they get a action speed penalty, when they find the key they take off the trap.

It's expanding her base power by a teensy bit, and that's only for Survivors, the Pig also has Ambush/crouch which she uses a lot more often. Her power is basically split between what you deal with and what they deal with, Pig deals with very little and tbh so do Survivors. They can get the traps off first try and that's it, rarely get killed by said trap. So I was thinking the penalty could be a tiny debuff from all that searching. And they're sticking their hands in a box of blades, who doesn't get hurt from that?

• microwavablefootball
    Options

I could understand a temporary debuff, maybe 30-60 seconds or so, but permanently is a bit much seeing as it's completely RNG.

• HatCreature
    Options

@microwavablefootball said:
    I could understand a temporary debuff, maybe 30-60 seconds or so, but permanently is a bit much seeing as it's completely RNG.

30 seconds sounds reasonable, a lot more than 180 now that I think about it. Maybe the razor addons could extend it to 40?

• microwavablefootball
    Options

@microwavablefootball said:

30 seconds sounds reasonable, a lot more than 180 now that I think about it. Maybe the razor addons could extend it to 40?

Seems reasonable