If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Demogorgon Is The Perfect Killer

Options
Iron_Cutlass
Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 2,804
edited April 8 in General Discussions

I know when people look Killer powers, they normally check a certain criteria as to rather the Killer is good or not. Typically they want a bit of slowdown, a chasepower that is decent, and some form of map mobility.

For me personally, I dont really look at those qualities, but moreso the potential for playing and counterplaying that creates dynamic, fun, and engaging gameplay for both sides. With Blight receiving a series of changes and overall just being in a "weird" state, I decided to throw all my cards on the table here and go with Demo…

Demogorgon's power is simple, at least on paper, but it has a lot of richness to it that makes the game more interesting, there are a lot of aspects that are not really talked about which make his power more dynamic than what might be assumed.

Charging the Ability Button allows Demogorgon to Shred. Shred acts as a dash that damages the Survivor for a health state and put them into a recovery, Shred can also break pallets, which depending on the Survivors, it can overall be a good tool to have since dash from Shred can overall save time compared to a normal pallet break.

Shred in of itself has a lot of control from the Killer's end, for those unaware, Shred actually has a range limit that is extended the longer you hold Shred up to a certain limit. This means that you have the decision between making a short Shred but having a quicker use time compared to a long Shred but a longer use time.

On some maps, this can be used to traverse gaps and climb onto map geometry which adds a new level of depth to his gameplay since positioning and Shred timing is important… but wait… what about positioning exactly?

Shred in of itself is a bit more complex than just "use Shred here", since depending on the nearby tiles, Demogorgon can gain and lose collision with certain objects, this in particular has to do with a quirk in his hitbox, and it's moreso considered a "tech" than anything since you have to position yourself in a specific area AND balancing it with Shred timing which ultimate requires a lot of practice and skill to accomplish.

Likewise, abusing hitboxes with Shred timing is something that is often neglected, the range for Shred is actually further than most Killer powers which means you can often get hits that a normal M1 would otherwise not get. This can extended to getting more control over your Shred and hitting Survivors with the edge of the hitbox which ultimately puts yourself at a subtle stop, allowing for more free movement after a Shred, as opposed to a sudden stop, which cancels all momentum.

People love to write Demogorgon off as being a simple power but ultimately I feel as Shred has far more technical skill and map knowledge that can be applied to it than people give it credit for.

And none of this is covering Portals…

Portals are unironically the simplest part of his kit. Despite a majority of Demo's addons being dedicated to making Portals or Portal travel better in some way, I find that players often neglect this part of their ability as a whole.

Portals on their own provide map presence, you can travel from one Portal to another. Traveling to a portal for the first time will "activate it", which gives Survivors status effects for being near it and also provides the Killer with Killer Instinct if they are close by when charging up Shred.

An Portal, activated or not, is still map presence that requires Survivors to play around. Place a Portal near an important Generator and suddenly the Survivors are inclined to waste time removing it instead of repairing the Generator. It basically have sudo slowdown with Portals which is why a lot of good Demo players just place Portals around key points even if they dont use them since Survivors are inherently forced to play around that aspect of his power.

Furthermore, certain addons can help with amplifying the abilities of them, and can also be used as sudo defenses for other side objectives (e.g. Hex Totems, Event Objects, etc.); which can often save the trouble of using up a perk slot and instead forgoing an addon slot which allows for more dynamic decision making in terms of loadouts.

Demogorgon's power allows for a rich amount of playing and counterplay for both sides, he has far more to offer in terms of gameplay than people give them credit for, and while a lot of people say Demogorgon is a "balanced Killer" (which they are, dont get me wrong), I think the best way to describe them is "perfect". Demo has one of the best power designs, it as a skill floor that is low enough for new players but has the skill ceiling that allows for interesting and fun plays for either side.

Thanks for coming to my TedTalk.

Comments

• Spare_Them_Mori_Me
    Spare_Them_Mori_Me Member Posts: 1,285
    Options

So you're switching from Blight to Demo, or just gonna try Demo for awhile? I agree with most everything lol. Demo is one killer than I can say I've usually always enjoyed going against, even the sweaty ones.

Need some custom time? :D

• Iron_Cutlass
    Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 2,804
    edited April 8
    Options

Ive always been a Demo main, even back when I played on Console, which is why I was excited when Stranger Things came back since I could actually buy them on PC and wasnt forced to play on PS4 to play Demo.

Blight was my side-main after they messed with the Curve timing on Billy by changing it from 0.75 to 1 second; but with Blight being in a really janky state, I dont think Ill touch them for awhile until things settle down a bit.

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,022
    Options

He’s great. I’m bad with him but that’s just me being bad at everything. I’ve faced some scary Demos and they can be a force to be reckoned with.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 6,645
    edited April 8
    Options

Likewise, abusing hitboxes with Shred timing is something that is often neglected, the range for Shred is actually further than most Killer powers which means you can often get hits that a normal M1 would otherwise not get. This can extended to getting more control over your Shred and hitting Survivors with the edge of the hitbox which ultimatelyputs yourself at a subtle stop, allowing for more free movement after a Shred, as opposed to a sudden stop, which cancels all momentum.

shred is not better than m1 at most loops for few reasons. the first is that lunges can curve, shred only goes in straight line. The second reason is charge time. charge time allows survivor to take rough edges and removes -timing ability- of playing around dropped tiles. This leaves pre-drop as huge vulnerability to demo and guess what. his pallet break is not really that good beyond corner pallet zoning. Survivor can and will chain every tile on the map. you can exactly calculate the amount you can greed as survivor without ever giving demo an angle to the shred.

Portals are unironically the simplest part of his kit. Despite a majority of Demo's addons being dedicated to making Portals or Portal travel better in some way, I find that players often neglect this part of their ability as a whole.

they take more time to setup and survivors waste almost no time to disable it. The reward also is not that amazing considering this is suppose to make demogorgon into something like stealth killer that can ambush survivors at gens akin to wraith invisibility but ability is so under-tuned that you rarely feel like your getting ambushed by demogorgon.

• Spare_Them_Mori_Me
    Spare_Them_Mori_Me Member Posts: 1,285
    Options

Demo with hex plaything and another TR removal perk makes demo a mean assassin. His footsteps thomp but when they hear it, its too late.