So Devs.... you don't see ANYTHIN wrong with this...

Options

https://www.reddit.com/r/deadbydaylight/s/2DGr3Z39Up

Tell me what I we could have done or brought that would have made a difference here. Please. Tell me unbreakable, a 1 time use would have helped, DS...oh wait I was never hooked...OTR....oh wait I was never hooked.

Comments

• okaayletsgoo
    okaayletsgoo Member Posts: 146
    Options

Solo q bud. And yes rocked by a billy not playing the game as intended. Leaving no time to do anything but scramble.

• okaayletsgoo
    Options

No the problem is killer refused to hook anyone until he slugged all 4. That's the issue. Guess all the killer mains or on the forums tonight.

• okaayletsgoo
    Options

That's exactly what the randoms did. Billy is so fast with so little recovery that he can instantly be on you the moment you are up

• okaayletsgoo
    Options

Man you are so disconnected from the survivor side or the game it's no wonder killers keep getting stronger and survivor gets weaker.

That vid proved what exactly? That it's not bannable to slug? Never said it was I said he didn't play as intended. You know hooking survivors. The way the game was meant to be played.

• Unusedkillername
    Unusedkillername Member Posts: 107
    edited April 9
    Options

Every down apart from when Ada picked you up you made a mistake you pathed badly on your first down taking the longer route to the pallet and waited outside the barn worried you would get curved when he wouldn't have been able to so you didn't even make it to said pallet. On your third down you did not try and play the pallet outside the barn you just went the same way as jake while knowing there was nothing to use in the barn.

A lot of people are saying you need to bring x or y perk but this is a skill issue combined with the fact your team was just not very good.

• MaTtRoSiTy
    MaTtRoSiTy Member Posts: 1,732
    Options

Misplays aside, I do think Billy needs some adjustments and Lopro needs to be completely reworked as that addon is utterly broken with zero counter play. If you are injured vs Lopro you either go down at a pallet or you throw the pallet and still go down.

I don't mind that Billy got a buff as I think he need it but I think it needs a bit of fine tuning (down)

• MechWarrior3
    MechWarrior3 Member Posts: 1,391
    Options

Yeeeaaaaahh…..agreed. I saw MANY mistakes made ontop of no anti slug perks equipped. 0. Out of 16 perks not a 1? Uuuuufff….

• MechWarrior3
    MechWarrior3 Member Posts: 1,391
    Options

Also agreed. I noticed this too.

• MaTtRoSiTy
    MaTtRoSiTy Member Posts: 1,732
    Options

Window is counter at any point against Billy regardless of addon. But if you get caught at any loop with only a pallet… you die. There is no counter.

• radiantHero23
    radiantHero23 Member Posts: 3,084
    Options

I'm currently trying a knock out challenge to find out how effective this unhealthy perk and the playstyle it incentivises is.

I'm using sloppy, surge, Stbfl and knock out on spirit with double charging addons. I try to get 4 hooks max.

Until now, I lost one out of 8 games. This only because I played really bad against a coordinated team where every player played really solid individually in the one game. In the other games survivor got 3 gens max.

Slugging is extremely strong and is done for a reason. Billy is just a character that can do it better than others.

This comes down to what the priority of a player is. Is it simply winning or is it a fun experience for everyone.

• Eelanos
    Eelanos Member Posts: 318
    Options

It's so interesting seeing people discuss this stuff. When the anti-slugging / insta-mori PTB happened this was an issue and the update had to be canned, but when Billy can do it, it's fine and it's exploiting enemy mistakes.

To this day I can't believe the only people risking anything when a slug happens is the survivors instead of the killers. What's the point of hooks anyway.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,100
    Options

Who is to say that this is not intended? This doesn't fall in any category for a report and the objective of the killer is not to get hooks but only kills. For all we know this could be just as intended as survivors doing gens.

• Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,353
    Options

You all made mistakes which have been pointed out but I disagree with the suggestion that you should have used specific perks to counter the slugging. You can’t really know that a killer is going to slug before they do. I would say it isn’t even a common playstyle. Bringing perks to potentially counter that could be a waste of a perk slot.

• BlightedDolphin
    BlightedDolphin Member Posts: 1,612
    Options

Can't you rebind your controls on controller so this doesn't happen?

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,275
    Options

To be fair, to take away his Lethal value, every Survivor would need to split up and run in separate directions.

Likewise, running UB would require prior knowledge of the Billy wanting to four man slug. It's usually a dead slot, because tunneling is more lucrative than slugging, at the moment. I also don't think it would've changed anything.

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 4,922
    Options

True, but this is a problem with the game in general. A killer can't know that survivors are gonna last second swap to 4 flashlights and should have brought lightborn. A killer can't know that they are against an efficient SWF team that is gonna slam gens hard and should bring a ton of gen defense. A killer can't know that you have flip flop until they get hit by it.

This is fundamental problem with the game itself, where, because you can't know anything, you take the perks that are useful in the largest number of situations. Which is why survivors take the same 10 perks and killers take the same 10 perks.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,100
    edited April 9
    Options

Perks are specifically designed to help you out where you struggle. I agree that no perk should be an absolute necessity (like BT or Shadowborn) but that's not the case for UB. It's just one of many things, that would have helped here. I would have made the same argument for exhaustion perks, if they had just played bad in chase. Or to bring an info perk, if they as a killer and could not find survivors.

• Pulsar
    Options

Disagree.

BHVR uses perks as band-aids for bad game design.

• Pulsar
    Options

lol, they do not, ESPECIALLY not for a Killer as strong as Billy