We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

NOED easily carries bad killers to higher MMR

Options
weareweebs
weareweebs Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 10

Not an exaggeration but the amount of awful killers who can't even get 1 hook carried by NOED is immense, sometimes in the end game can't counter it because of RNG aka the totem will either spawn next to a hook or gate. I have never failed an assumption about a killer running noed because everytime I see an awful killer bad enough that there is no way he is matched with survivors in my matches, they always have noed.
I will never fail to advocate that the perk should be removed from the game because it is very unhealthy. I personally have no problem with most one hit perks, but NOED is the only perk I have problems with.
I've seen killers AFK until the gates are activated, and securing 1-2 kills, sometimes a 4K.
Not only that but it gives you extra speed which is overkill, making it almost impossible to outrun a guy with NOED to escape through the exit gates. One of the main issues as well that it doesn't tell you it's activated until a survivor gets hit, whilst other hex perks does. I've experienced this perk using nurse, afk hide behind a gate, and you can secure 2-3 kills guaranteed without working for it.

Comments

• KerJuice
    KerJuice Member Posts: 1,851
    Options

I like the fear of NOED- especially if I’m healthy and the last one being chased as the last gen pops. I don’t like the aura reveal nerf that was added- you can tell this was to cater to newer players.

NOED is fine in my book. I have a serious problem with Lethal Pursuer on the other hand. It makes it easier to tunnel a player out the game.

• MaTtRoSiTy
    MaTtRoSiTy Member Posts: 1,727
    Options

I am not sure if it carries killers to higher MMR as such but it is definitely a crutch for bad killers.

• NarkoTri1er
    NarkoTri1er Member Posts: 67
    Options

it's all about the mindset of players using it.

Bad players use it as a crutch, thinking (omg, this perk means ez 4k in endgame no matter how i play through the match).

Good player use it as a small source of endgame pressure and to secure a kill in endgame (mostly used in tournaments)

• Unusedkillername
    Unusedkillername Member Posts: 105
    Options

It certainly is a crutch and pads killers into being a bit higher than they should be hence why you can often tell when a killer is running it because they generally are not good but I wouldn't say it gets them to high MMR.

I would still gut it because good killers generally don't care about it.

• MaTtRoSiTy
    MaTtRoSiTy Member Posts: 1,727
    Options

Sure, I can agree with that.

But let's be real here, in public matches if the killer is really bad and struggles to get a single hook you can predict they will almost certainly have NOED

• Archol123
    Archol123 Member Posts: 3,215
    Options

Depending on how you view it... Did you deserve 1 kill just because you brought this specific perk? No not really. Should one perk alone be able to turn around an otherwise lost game without you needing to do anything for it? Also no. Should a perk exist that puts you higher up in mmr just like that? No, but I would not assume Noed does that.

However given that most killers are able to secure 1 kill most of the time, and if survivors just leave after discovering Noed and don't give the guy 11 more hooks then I don't have much of a problem with it... It still feels like the guy did not deserve it and Noed should probably be changed, but the it is rather low on the priority list.

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,786
    Options

NOED is something bad killers often use, but it sure as hell never carried anyone to high MMR

• EvilBarney666
    EvilBarney666 Member Posts: 319
    Options

In fairness, do you guys think that swf is a crutch? People often point to how tough solo is. People like to play in swf cause they are with their friends.

Don't you feel it's a crutch as well? Like the survivors are not good enough on their own to win so they need to rely on their friends to get them through instead of other solos?

Just an observation from the other side. I play both sides, admittedly I am a killer main. I personally dont run NoED. As stated above you run 3 perks for 90% of the match. On top of that if survivors are cleansing totems then there is a chance NoED does not even activate. If it does activate then it's location gets broadcasted. If anything I feel it's a detriment to killer.

Just my opinions tho.

• MechWarrior3
    MechWarrior3 Member Posts: 1,357
    Options

This isn’t true by any means.

• Archol123
    Archol123 Member Posts: 3,215
    Options

Go watch Knightlight, one of the best comp players out there when he plays survivor for his solo escape streak and you will see just how bad the teammates he gets are... You cannot really blame it on him not being good enough, the matchmaking is just all over the place... So calling swf a crutch is a bit off my man ^^

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,035
    Options

NOED is fine. It can counter survivors bringing adrealine and why it shouldn't? It only quatantees mostly one kill if survivors play well. If killer gets more value from it I say he played well. It's one of the only perk giving killer comeback chance and survivors have many of those.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,237
    Options

The vast majority of the playerbase does not have even a couple of hundred hours

• Spare_Them_Mori_Me
    Spare_Them_Mori_Me Member Posts: 1,176
    Options

NoEd is the first hurdle Fresh players will need to fear. Eventually NoEd is learned, dealt with, and they can continue growing as a player. Its really only scary as a new survivor.

• caligraph
    caligraph Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 249
    Options

not that hard to break a totem. even if its next to the hook the killer can only defend one thing at a time.

• joel84
    joel84 Member Posts: 103
    edited April 17
    Options
    "NOED easily carries bad killers to higher MMR" ?

Sry but, that's a terrible statement and doesn't help anyone…..

If Noed is active, then it's probably largely the survivors' fault for not paying enough attention to the totems.

Now, one could argue that in some fights, the survivors are unable to clear totems due to the pressure the killer exerts. This may be true in some cases, but if the generators are the main target, you shouldn't complain if one or two totems are left at the end, provided the survivors have only focused on the generators.

That killers who play with Noed are supposed to be bad is just a lame excuse.

Sometimes there are good matches for a killer and sometimes bad matches for him. This depends on various factors such as the map, the respective killer, etc. and is completely normal.

In principle, it doesn't matter whether the murderer killed someone with Noed or not. That's a fact: the only reason why some players complain about Noed is that they have become victims of this perk and feel unfairly treated.

It's always the same.... and who cares about the high MMR? You can't buy anything with it and you can't see your number anyway and that's a good thing.

Post edited by joel84 on
  • ratcoffee
    ratcoffee Member Posts: 1,014
    Options

I'm at a level where NOED is fine, but the OP is absolutely right that NOED carries people to am MMR that they don't belong in, and some people's defense of NOED misses the mark, despite what I said about the perk being fine.

In chess, people are expected to learn the fundamentals of board control and tactics in order to improve, and people of specific ratings are expected to have certain grasps of certain concepts. Using NOED is like memorizing a set of opening traps in chess; if you have an understanding of the fundamentals it can help make games more spicy, but in less experienced hands it can lead to players winning games based on the fact they new a trick their opponent didn't. It becomes a test of that one line instead of the player's overall ability. If someone wins enough games like that using gimmicks, pretty quickly they'll find their rating up to a point where not only do their gimmicks not work as well, but their opponents have a stronger grasp on the fundamentals than they do and so they can't win without the use of those gimmicks. NOED works similarly, it can increase your ability to win at low levels and boost you to heights where people are able to beat you despite NOED and where they have better fundamentals too, leading to feeling miserable as you get matched with players with thousands more hours than you.

"Just cleanse all the bones before endgame" is a terrible argument because of Pentimento and because there's no way of knowing if the killer has NOED before endgame, so at that point a killer may as well just not bring in NOED and simply use Hex: Survivor Pointlessly Cleansing Dull Totems as their fifth perk slot. There is plenty of counterplay to NOED, but pre-cleansing everything is not it.

• Choaron
    Choaron Member Posts: 103
    Options

It's too easy to reach high MMR on killer in general, regardless of the character you're using.

• 100PercentBPMain
    100PercentBPMain Member Posts: 248
    Options

Using any perks at all carriespeople to a place they "don't belong". People can come back and say that when they use no add-ons or items or perks.

Using 3 perks for an entire match is a calculated move, pure and simple.

Funny how the people that say Noed is a crutch for beginners don't talk about Corrupt and Lethal just as much. Fact is, perks are designed to be used for whatever stage of rhe game you prefer. There's nothing intrinsically "noobish" about prepping for the End game. That's not a losing mentality, because it's expected that 2 survivors will escape on average.

I don't need perks. I use them because I feel like it. So if I don't need perks, it's not a big deal to play a majority of a match with only 3 perks.

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,046
    Options

If NOED is taking a killer from 0K to 3K then the survivors have done something horribly wrong.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,379
    Options

I'm a survivor main and have no issue with NOED. Perks are supposed to give you something to help you kill, counter, or survive. That's their purpose. I think the good thing about NOED is that it doesn't stand in the way of killers getting better at the game (hence i disagree when people call it a crutch perk). They have the entire game in which they're learning to play, developing game sense, and doing so on only 3 perks.

• I_Cant_Loop
    I_Cant_Loop Member Posts: 195
    Options

First of all, if you're going to go off about "awful killer", I'd like to see some video of your gameplay so you can show us how it's all done.

2nd, have you ever used Adrenaline as survivor? A lot of survivors get free, undeserved escapes because of a perk that requires no skill or prerequisite to trigger. It's dishonest to complain about NOED if you happily use Adrenaline as a survivor perk.

• JeanGreyarea
    JeanGreyarea Member Posts: 345
    Options

adrenaline required 5 gens to get done. Thats the prerequisite

• Paternalpark
    Paternalpark Member Posts: 414
    Options

Camp and tunnel one surivor and then noed and Camp the next one. Easy draw.

• BrightWolf
    BrightWolf Member Posts: 373
    Options

I agree with this, in my MMR its used by weaker or newer killers as a way to get easy wins in the endgame, because they feel like they can play "bad" or "throw" all game just so they have their little NoEd to the rescue in the end game when the survivors are all bunched up and can be easily two-three man downed and killed.

• MrMori
    MrMori Member Posts: 1,212
    Options

Facts, I remember there were some official stats on perks and killrates. Noed was the highest killrate perk. Worst case, you get a chance at a free hook/kill, best case you turn the game around and get multiple downs or kills you otherwise wouldn't have gotten.

So a lot of noed players get stomped the whole game, then snag themselves a kill or 2 using noed which ensures that they don't actually lose MMR despite playing against far better players.

• LeFennecFox
    LeFennecFox Member Posts: 1,091
    edited April 19
    Options

The scary killer perk noed that maybe gets an extra kill if survivors are too pressed for time to cleanse it. Unless someone is hooked/slugged on top of the totem itself it's not that insane of a perk. NOED against 4 solo queue I can agree can be huge if they misplay, but there is tons of counterplay to the perk. I don't see how a "bad killer" is somehow outplaying "high mmr" survivors in m1 chase using only this perk. You should be reaching endgame with very few stages and then simply cleanse the totem, wait for an injury before popping last gen, and tracking perks to see if they have a mysterious 4th perk.

This is pretending high mmr exists which it doesn't almost everyone besides the bottom end of the playerbase is at the soft cap.