Dying Light rework

Mullato
Mullato Member Posts: 104
edited January 2019 in General Discussions
Dying Light:
Each time a survivor is hooked for the first time gain 1 token. Each token gives a penalty to repair, healing, and sabotage speed for all survivors.
1 token = 5% 
2 tokens = 10% 
3 tokens = 15%
4 tokens = 20%

This change would promote the killer to stop tunneling one unlucky person and go after all 4 survivors. Yes it may not fit with the shape as good as the original dying light. However Myers doesn't actually discriminate when he kills. 

Let's slow the game down a bit.

Is the 5% each token too much? Should it be 4%? Should it be 6%?  Does this change sound like trash. Do I have something on my face? 

Thoughts?

Comments

• Sandt21
    Sandt21 Member Posts: 761
    At tier 3, dying light is 25 percent, so this far, this version is a net nerf to the perk.
  • PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
    Still better than Thanatophobia 
  • Mullato
    edited January 2019
    Sandt21 said:
    At tier 3, dying light is 25 percent, so this far, this version is a net nerf to the perk.
    It may sound like a nerf, but it's actually a buff to the fun of the perk. 

Who likes to face a killer that finds the obsession and just tunnels them dead. That's boring. 
  • ModernFable
    ModernFable Member Posts: 836
    I wouldn’t mind reworking the perk to function similar to Barbeque and Chili. It would encourage a more interactive play style.

The effect would be more consistent and present in all games, rather than mostly just games with a Mori.
  • Nickeh
    Nickeh Member Posts: 282

Isn't the whole point of having an obsession to either focus on them or save them for last, depending on what made them the obsession?

• Mullato
    Nickeh said:

Isn't the whole point of having an obsession to either focus on them or save them for last, depending on what made them the obsession?

Of course. That's why I never mentioned an obsession in my OP. I don't really care for the obsession mechanic, and I also don't think Myers needs 3 obsession perks that clash with each other. 

But yes, obviously you are right.
  • switch
    switch Member Posts: 489

Good idea, atm dying light is hit or miss and promotes boring gameplay for both sides.
    Your idea is really good but i highly doubt that it would make it into the game, just because devs dont usually accept community ideas.

• Animalheadskull
    Animalheadskull Member Posts: 478
    The only counter play would be not get hooked. And would it still be a obsession perk, or a hex?
  • switch
    switch Member Posts: 489
    edited January 2019

@Scgamecock86 said:
    The only counter play would be not get hooked. And would it still be a obsession perk, or a hex?

If it would be to make it into the game, it should be a normal perk, why hex? so it can get destroyed before even active ?
    I fail to see how it could be an obsession perk since you have to get every survivor.
    And yeah playing stealthy would somewhat counter this perk.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

Your objective is to hook survivors. You will be applying a massive debuff to survivors with minimum effort from your side. Dying light is not that common and it's usually part of a tombstone/mori build. Moris don't appear in bloodweb that often while tombstone gives survivors a chance to do enough progress on the gens. Dying light seems to be fine as it is right now.

• Animalheadskull

Your objective is to hook survivors. You will be applying a massive debuff to survivors with minimum effort from your side. Dying light is not that common and it's usually part of a tombstone/mori build. Moris don't appear in bloodweb that often while tombstone gives survivors a chance to do enough progress on the gens. Dying light seems to be fine as it is right now.

This

• Animalheadskull
    switch said:

@Scgamecock86 said:

If it would be to make it into the game, it should be a normal perk, why hex? so it can get destroyed before even active ?
    I fail to see how it could be an obsession perk since you have to get every survivor.
    And yeah playing stealthy would somewhat counter this perk.

HellDescent covered it well.
  • ModernFable

It could be tweaked in numbers.

Like 4% per hook and then another 4% once you’ve hooked everyone once.

1st: 4%
    2nd: 8%
    3rd: 12%
    4th: 20%

The idea is to shift it from a tunneling perk, to something like BBQ where you’re rewarded for switching up targets often.
  • MyNamePete
    MyNamePete Member Posts: 1,053

The percent is way to high for a regular perk, but if it was a hex it would be way to low. It should be raised by 5 or 10% and go back 5 or 10% whenever you hook someone that's already been hooked.

• Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650

The perk is fine the way it is.

It's not crazy powerful and has stipulations.

Sometimes I hardly even see the obsession. Stop.

• Mullato

The perk is fine the way it is.

It's not crazy powerful and has stipulations.

Sometimes I hardly even see the obsession. Stop.

I dont understand your last sentence. Are you telling me to stop? Stop what?
  • ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

I like the idea. The fact that Dying Light requires you to tunnel the obsession is ridiculous in my opinion. This would encourage not to tunnel. I like it.
    The only problem I have is that it could make the end game when only 3 gens are left more effective for killer, especially the 3 gen strat, and that's when killers have the most power anyway already. Still it would be a huge improvement over Dying Light as it is now. Hope the devs see this.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

Maybe also make it so that everytime a survivor dies, one token is removed from the perk. It should also not affect healing speed, that would be a bit too much, considering that Sloppy Butcher reduces healing speed only by 20%.

• tt_ivi_99
    tt_ivi_99 Member Posts: 1,463
    It's an obsession perk, and devs will never change that, therefore tunneling and/or camping is needed for this perk to work, even if It sounds bad to do so.
  • ModernFable
    tt_ivi_99 said:
    It's an obsession perk, and devs will never change that, therefore tunneling and/or camping is needed for this perk to work, even if It sounds bad to do so.
    Not necessarily.

They could go down the “Save The Best For Last” route and do the complete opposite.
  • OGlilSPOOK20
    OGlilSPOOK20 Member Posts: 716
    edited January 2019
    Sandt21 said:
    Yea... It's actually easy to get in my opinion. Find obsession. Put obsession on hook. Obsession gets off hook. Mori obsession. Now every other survivor suffers.
  • Mullato
    Sandt21 said:
    Yea... It's actually easy to get in my opinion. Find obsession. Put obsession on hook. Obsession gets off hook. Mori obsession. Now every other survivor suffers.
    It's not about how easy it is to get. It's about the type of strategy it promotes to use it most efficiently.

Tunnel the obsession to death. Or force yourself to target 1/4 random survivors as quick as possible in order to get a benefit. Which in turn makes that game for them punishing for no real reason other than they happened to be picked as your obsession. 
    (Boring)
  • SpaceCoconut
    SpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962
    I'll share this with you :)
    https://youtu.be/rcSqZzB6pVU
  • Mullato
    @SpaceCoconut !!

I do enjoy watching your in-depth perk reviews. However I have not seen this one. Unfortunately I don't have the time right now to watch it fully, but I skimmed through to the end where you pretty much summarize your thoughts. It seems you agree with me on it needing a rework, but maybe not with what I'm suggesting.

What do you suggest in the rework?
  • SpaceCoconut
    SpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962
    I don't remember myself but in the end, there's a lot that can be done to the perk. It almost doesn't matter what it is as long as it doesn't encourage tunnelling as much as it currently does.
  • NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Mullato said:
    Dying Light:
    Each time a survivor is hooked for the first time gain 1 token. Each token gives a penalty to repair, healing, and sabotage speed for all survivors.
    1 token = 5% 
    2 tokens = 10% 
    3 tokens = 15%
    4 tokens = 20%

This change would promote the killer to stop tunneling one unlucky person and go after all 4 survivors. Yes it may not fit with the shape as good as the original dying light. However Myers doesn't actually discriminate when he kills. 

Let's slow the game down a bit.

Is the 5% each token too much? Should it be 4%? Should it be 6%?  Does this change sound like trash. Do I have something on my face? 

Thoughts?
    I like this, it encourages fun gameplay for the killer and the survivor can at least have a decent game.

Usually when I see someone complaining, I understand them because they couldn't play the game. Yes, they got caught but image being in their shoes when you get caught.
  • NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    The main issue with buffing DL is that it'll make Thanatophobia even more useless than it already is. Any killer that runs BBQ will be able to get those 4 stacks very easily, and it's a permanent de-buff. Same thing applies to Thanatophobia, buffing it to where it's actually viable will make DL not worth it anymore. 

However this idea sounds pretty nice but I think the numbers should be decreased a little.
    Thanatophobia needs its own change. Perhaps having a change where a skill check will have no great success zones. Ofc, this would increase for every injured survivor and sacrifices would also count.