We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Which Killer feels the best/worst to land their Power with?

Options

All of the Killers have their own unique Power, but some feel great and satisfying to pull off, while others feel incredibly underwhelming.

For me, the best is a toss-up between Pyramid Head and Nemesis; punishing a bad vault or unhook feels real nice and has instant feedback while allowing you to appreciate the hit from relatively close range.

The worst has to be Pinhead; slow yourself down while charging, predict movement when you don't have LOS, enter an awkward camera, control a drunken chain with poor hitbox detection, and finally land a non-damaging hit with a minor slow… for the Survivor to break all the chains by rounding a corner or vaulting a window by the time you walk over. Nurse gets to deal an instant health state for half the work doing the same process, and Clown's slow lasts longer due to not being breakable with an easy AOE to hit with.

Answers

• Manslaughter
    Manslaughter Member Posts: 15
    Options

Well, I agree about the cenobite power being god awful. But if we talkin about god hits, i gotta go with blight, not only do you rush at survivors like a bullet but you get to ping pong before hand. Beautiful ability.

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,046
    Options

The best are Wesker and Trapper. Successfully grabbing someone with Wesker's dash and then zooming at Mach 1 straight into a wall is endlessly satisfying, whereas Trapper is so easily countered that if his power ever actually works and a survivor walks into a beartrap, you feel like a genius for putting that trap there 10 minutes ago, it's like an early Christmas.

The worst, I'd say Xenomorph. Even when the tail works, it just doesn't feel fun anymore. Singularity too, the effort he requires does not equal the satisfaction I get.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,165
    Options

It depends on how you get hits.

Artist for example - lame over pallet/loop hits or across the map snipes.

Same with Pyramidhead for me, during animation sure, I will take it but it’s definitely nicer to get hits behind walls

Third for me is Demodog, because he is so happy after a successful shred hit 🥰

• TheArbiter
    TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,161
    Options

Cenobite feels especially bad right now because his summoned chain fov is bugged and has been for months with no fix in sight

• Yippiekiyah
    Yippiekiyah Member Posts: 425
    edited April 14
    Options

Billy when you see all the blood spurting out or a hit with the huntress, the wee noise of a hatchet hit is just beautiful.

• E5150
    E5150 Member Posts: 54
    Options

My favorites are long range chainsaws with Billy, window shreds with Demo and crows behind a wall with Artist. Also, the splurt sound of hitting a long range hatchet with Huntress.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,063
    Options

Huntress hatchets when you can't even see the target. There is nothing like a hatchet coming from the sky. Billy's curves feel pretty good too. Especially when it's a hard tile to curve and you got the perfect mind game.

• Steakdabait
    Steakdabait Member Posts: 1,244
    Options

plagues power straight up doesn't apply half thetime

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,808
    Options

Not much feels as good as a trap clamping down on a survivor. The sound is so satisfying!

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 4,971
    Options

Yes, getting someone to step in a trap is sooooooo satisfying, especially if it’s a swf on coms, calling out my traps and constantly disarming them.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 5,938
    Options

I usually get the most satisfaction from mechanical-type skill. Brave Pyramid Head shots, Hillbilly curves, Blight flicks, etc. Strategic-type landing such as Trapper are also pretty satisfying.

• daffyd
    daffyd Member Posts: 137
    Options

Not Plague, good luck with landing anything with her

• SoGo
    SoGo Member Posts: 263
    edited April 15
    Options

Landing a cross map shot with Artist is great.

• Starrseed
    Starrseed Member Posts: 1,640
    Options

Legion can feel absolutely fantastic wheen you chain four hits and you really feel the frenzy.

OOn The other hand it feels absolutely awful when you make the first hit and you instantly know all other survivors are in a different country. Now you cant reach another target. They guy you just stabbed probably got ab bit of distance cause you looked for other targes for a second and even if you catch up to the first victim there is nothing a second stab does for you and you still need to eat the fatigue.

But boy getting a four man chain across the map feels so good its worth all the times it doesn't work

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,013
    edited April 15
    Options

Damn, beat me to it... nothing gives a dopamine hit like a sneaky Trapper trap placed at the start of the match coming in clutch...

I catch myself way too often with a devilish smirk creeping across my face when playing Trapper... 😈

• Manslaughter
    Manslaughter Member Posts: 15
    Options

Landing hits with plague is easy, just viciously whip your camera around so you cover more area.

• HolyDarky
    HolyDarky Member Posts: 225
    Options

My Top 3

1. Artist in general, but especially when you land a cross map hit, a double hit, or sling shot. It is also a great feeling when you place a bird and cannot see the survivor but you get a direct hit because you knew when the survivor is in range and how they behave.

2. Unknown when you hit a survivor with an unexpected bounce Projectile, hit them through a wall, or a snipe from far away.

3. Xenomorph when you know how the Tail Attack works and you get unexpected hits like through a small gab or ignoring body blocking.

My worst:

Pinhead: You can land the best Chain hit in the world and it doesn’t matter because the survivor breaks it in one second or you help them with you body. It feels so awful.

• BlightedDolphin
    BlightedDolphin Member Posts: 1,596
    Options

Not a power but Freddy's wipe animation is the most satisfying thing and probably the only reason I play him occasionally

• arcaneGospel
    arcaneGospel Member Posts: 170
    Options

I think Unknown and Nemesis have great audial feedback—I feel like getting a through-wall hit as Pyramid Head, I rationally recognize that was a hard hit. But Pyramid Head feels bad to use. Nemesis has a loud pingy noise and it makes me feel like I'm the best goddamn player in this video game ever. Unknown manages to balance feeling good with being complex, because nothing feels better than hitting three survivors with your cognitohazard mortar launcher, downing one, injuring another, and weakening the last.

Plague is pretty hit-or-miss—I think there are some cool Plague hits, but she's mostly lame.

Singularity can feel TERRIBLE to hit with sometimes, if he infects a survivor with an EMP it just feels like a waste of my whole life. Teleports also have very inconsistent value, so even if I'm getting infections and teleports it can feel empty.

• radiantHero23
    radiantHero23 Member Posts: 3,045
    Options

Demo and Piggy for as top for me. Demos scream just feels satisfying and landing a triple mindgame ambush is the best thing ever.

Worst is probably Singularity because you know that that one hit is nothing for the amount of time you wasted to get it.

• Null_Winter
    Null_Winter Member Posts: 15
    Options

Oddly, it seems a lot of people here are most satisfied with how it feels to land Power damage/hits with middle or low tier Killers. Not as oddly, several folks mentioned they specifically like the immediate feedback such as the hit confirmation noises unique to that Killer or the special blood spray animation tied to certain Powers.

• HerInfernalMajesty
    HerInfernalMajesty Member Posts: 848
    Options

There’s something satisfying about barfing around a corner just for a Felix to get a surprise face full of vomit.

• Mentally_Mechanical
    Mentally_Mechanical Member Posts: 55
    Options

Ever since I started playing Billy more often, I finally understood the sheer dopamine of a long range chainsaw down. Pyramid Head is a close second, especially behind a wall.

Worst would probably be Plague and Legion. Plague feels empty and annoying on both sides, and while Frenzy itself rocks, getting the first hit and realizing there's not a chance in hell you can get more sucks. Dishonourable mention goes to having to exit Frenzy to get a down if you can't hit the 5th hit, so survivors get massive distance and you hardly even benefit from the power to begin with. I would probably be a Legion main if using their power didn't hurt my soul.

• crogers271
    crogers271 Member Posts: 1,317
    Options

Huntress when its at range - seeing a survivor running off in the distance, planning the timing as they run behind an obstacle, and getting that hit is pretty amazing.

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,267
    Options

Pyramid Head feels awfull to use power with in chase, so clunky.

Deathslinger feels good when you hit someone when they are hard to hit (like small opening on a big object or loop).