We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

The one problem I have with Nurse

Options
jamally093
jamally093 Member Posts: 1,492
edited April 19 in General Discussions

I can't beat/face her. The main problem being her power messes with hit validation and server. Basically she can teleport and hit on her screen but on my screen she hits milliseconds after coming out of her blink which gives me no reaction time. Yes I know people say well you just have to predict where she will blink to by her noise. Yeah but if I hear the full charge sound I know she's traveling far but here's the kicker I still won't know entirely because of the angle she's looking or if she'll even end up near a wall. So the problem I have with Nurse is she has no practicality or at least way to figure out how to counter her since her power messes up the server a lot.

Edit: Now would I say nerf her? No not at all not because she's strong or she's to weak overall it can be annoying but one I wouldn't say she needs to have a longer fatigue or longer recharge or the opposite that she needs to move way faster I'm sorry I don't know if anyone has every said that Nurse needs to have better movement speed but if she did I would just put the controller down and wait because then we have I would say a spirit but with a way stronger power of being able to catch up to you.

Post edited by jamally093 on

Comments

• Archael
    Archael Member Posts: 690
    Options

Nurses blink is double-edge sword

Neither You nor her see where blink will land. But she cannot stop her blink untill fully charged, so You can predict her blink by duration she channel last breath, just like she herself. Try to break line of sight and move unpredictibly since if she choose way poorly, she will lost tons of distance. If map has multiple floors, go upstairs, and use it as your advantage. If You will see her channeling her power, go to her, she will blink either far, far away from You, or to the bottom floor. Also hitboxes with auto-aim works weird. And as far as i enjoy hitting survivors i thought i cant reach, there are also times when i hit a wall when i was sure im hitting survivor.

Tho her power is mostly guessing, but for both sides.

• jamally093
    Options

Not trying to sound rude but i guess English isn't your first language? But the problem mainly is how she hits she can be out of her blink and hit me on her screen but on my screen she hits me milliseconds after her blink. So the problem is the server basically has to catch up any time someone plays her.

• Archol123
    Archol123 Member Posts: 3,215
    Options

Hens333 has a guide on what to do against Nurse, that might help you. In open field you are not supposed to avoid a hit by Nurse, only thing to try is running into her or spinning or whatever, but that is not supposed to work. You can use line of sight blockers and edge map tiles, to make her guess more where you currently are and so on. Also it help to play her a bit to get to know the structures that have weird hitboxes where you can make her get stuck. Other than that you can block her blink location which your hotbox, which can work in combination with pallets.

Other than those tips and the nurse guide mentioned before you could ask good Nurse players like SupaAlf or KNightlight, they probably have some more tips for you. Or watch comp games against Nurse and look what those players are doing.

I think Nurse is really fun to go against, because it plays different than any other killer, and otherwise weak structures are decent against her e.g. The edge map tiles.

• 100PercentBPMain
    100PercentBPMain Member Posts: 247
    Options

Bruh, there's nothing with their English. Maybe your reflexes are slowing down as you become more experienced at the game.

It's not foolproof, but I try to visualize the Nurses Plaid Flannel addon. That add-on has helped me as a Survivor to understand her better

• Archol123
    Options

I mean it is understandable, but I would not go as far as to call it "nothing wrong", there are quite a lot of grammatical errors... But like I said, nothing that would hinder you from understanding what was meant.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,018
    Options

Fun fact : survivors see the Nurse landing before the Nurse player do. (Since a patch from a year or two ago.)

I suggest you play the Nurse and see how she handles and how she's countered (once you start to win a bit, you are bound to go against experienced players)

That should help you for your future survivor matches against The Nurse.

• jamally093
    Options

I would but one tiny problem matchmaking just really hates me playing but I'll give it a shot.

• Archael
    Options

I'm sorry I bothered you with my poor English. I thought everyone can reply on forum, not only native speakers :(

But for real.

I'm not saying Nurse is weak killer. But she have her downsides. I would love to give her few minor nerfs, but she has counter plays.

I remember two games where Nurse players hated me so much. One was on the game map, obviously I was on the first floor during chases. Another one was on McMillan. Good times

• Archol123
    Options

Nah man it didn't bother me, but I don't like sugar coat things and pretend it was 100% perfect. Like I said it was understandable and that is what matters.

Obviously everyone can speak on the forums, I didn't say anything about that either. I'm not native in English as well, it is my third language to be frank^^

I think Nurse is overall fine right now, however I for example think the burn mechanic could have stayed maybe even re add it as a killer specific item, because there was quite a nice interaction with that and a skill cap behind it. But other than that I don't really know what to change without making her miserable to play or a worse version of other killers.

The game is actually a fun thing here, because the game is Nurses strongest map xD Just a few days ago when watching Knightlight stream (a polish comp player and one of the best Nurses around) getting asked about why Midwich is not the strongest map for Nurse but the game. However I agree, most mediocre nurses hate indoor maps in general, me as well, but the really good nurse love those two because of the traversal between floors and so on.

• Archael
    Options

I would make that all stuns on her, removes her blink tokens, and adds to fatigue duration instead of... Being ignored (if surv was able to stun her during fatigue). I would also reduce her lunge.

As for multiflor maps. Yes, in terms of map traversal, it's great, but go and try to hit survivor on upper floor if they know what they are doing.

• Archol123
    Options

I don't think the upper floor is much of an issue for a good nurse, but like I said a mediocre one will have issues.

I don't think reducing the lunge is a good idea, I don't like the addon that increases it either, but by the nature of a survivor able to bodyblock a blink location you need to be able to have a lunge, otherwise you will just increase her skill ceiling without changing her strength much...

I don't know about the stun stuff, playing pallets against Nurse already offers a play with the before mentioned body blocking, maybe a slightly longer stun duration, but taking all her tokens away would be really annoying.

• Neaxolotl
    Neaxolotl Member Posts: 391
    Options

To be honest, she isn't even that strong without range addons, especially indoor maps

She is not fast, and pretty bad at tracking survivors, and it's 100% guesswork when there is LoS blockers

• Archol123
    Options

Range addons don't exist anymore for quite some time now.

• Neaxolotl
    Options
  • Neaxolotl
    Options

It's overall, as she lacks consistency, tracking or mobility (beside capability to go up/down freely), I don't believe she is that high tier unless for wallhacker nowadays

Pretty sure this is not a major opinion tho

• Archol123
    Options

This is a really hot take xD She is probably still the strongest killer in the game.

• Archael
    Options

Lunge is a problem playing as Nurse I often hit survivors I should not because of poor blink, and yet I do because of lunge. As surv I often see that I outplayed Nurse, and yet she hit me with this extremally long lunge. This also compensate for their suppoused weakness - movement speed. She suppouse to move slower than running survivor, but lunge compensate for this, it's like third blink.

As for stun. Yes, this should be a thing. Lot of killers powers are reset when stun, yet she is not affected. Also, dropping pallets on her wastes more time than gives distance, even if she is in fatigue.

And those suggestions will not affect experienced players that already makes precise blinks and don't need this lunge after using power. While less experienced survs will have more opportunities to escape if less experienced Nurse misses her blink. Especially if they managed to stun her which is difficult task.

• Archol123
    Options

She has the normal lunge that every other killer has as well as far as I know, at least without the addon... So I don't know about that.

As for the powers getting reset, during charge or after a blink sure I guess, but usually stuns don't remove all power tokens.

Even the best nurses rely on the lunge to correct the blink, I don't think it is humanly possible to be always so precise that you don't need to use the lunge and I don't think that should be expected of players.

• Archael
    Options

It is. Try to use "White Nit Comb" addon. I use it more often than other her addons, precisely to learn how to perform precise blinks. And for the most time i do precise blinks.

As for stuns. Nurse power allows her to regain distance made by stun extremally fast. Making her lost all tokens while stunned would make great counter play for her. Especially for Nurses that was so reckless they got pallet stun.

• Archol123
    Options

I don't know, maybe against far worse players, but not against equals...