We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Is Plague now the new Skull Merchant ?

Options
CarlAlc7
CarlAlc7 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 75

I played 5 matches as Plague today and in 3 of them at least one survivor either DCed or killed themselves on hook. The most embarrassing one was a Yoichi who used a map offering for Garden of Joy and then DCed after I downed him with Corrupt Purge. Did I miss the mojo where Plague's now the new hate sink of the community ?

Comments

• Quizzy
    Quizzy Member Posts: 791
    Options

Nobody has a huge issue with the design of her powers. Ppl blame their teammates more so than plague when it comes to getting her powers if she doesn't have add ons that give it to her without anyone cleansing.

• E5150
    E5150 Member Posts: 54
    Options

Yeah, i'm getting the same results. I'm not even using the usual Thanatophobia/Regression/Block, i'm mostly messing around with stealth stuff. But as soon as someone gets infected, they run up to me and start pointing to the hook.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,618
    Options

Doctor, Plague, and Legion are my least favorite killers to play against. I wouldn't DC against any of them because that just screws the other survivors over but I pretty much hate every second of those matches. Win or lose. It's just miserable. So I can at least understand why someone would do it but I hate players that quit at one hook stage.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 5,938
    Options

Plague is a weird case where survivors can't decide how to go against her. It's either don't cleanse or cleanse. I personally prefer cleansing, and when my friends and I play against Plague we like consuming all of her fountains to force out her corrupt purge. Plague can be fun to go against if your team knows what they want to do to counter her, but in solo queue it's not the best experience.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,053
    Options

That's what I like about Plague. Both cleansing and staying injured can be the correct choice depending on how you and your team play.

I understand that not everyone loves playing against her (usually Plague matches are a bit sweaty due to the nature of her power) but I think she's mostly fine. She has a few addons that are overtuned though.