We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Surge & Lethal are in shrine now, worth to grab?

Options
OmegaXII
OmegaXII Member Posts: 2,123

I was saving shards for either Singularity, Dredge or Skullmerchant, but these perks are really nice..

I have 7k shards now.. should I buy both of them, or still go for 9k for new Killer?

Comments

• ArkInk
    ArkInk Member Posts: 319
    Options

I'd save for the killer. That's three perks plus a power.

• BlightedDolphin
    BlightedDolphin Member Posts: 1,596
    Options

Do you plan on ever buying the Resident Evil or Stranger Things DLC? If you do I would just save for the killer. If not getting Lethal might be better since you probably won’t see it again for a while.

And do you have any other slow down perks you can use instead of Surge? If you do then I wouldn’t bother getting Surge. It’s a good perk but there are better regression perks. If you had the shards to spare definitely get it, but since you don’t I think the killer is better than getting Surge.

• TheSingularity
    TheSingularity Member Posts: 1,574
    Options

Both meta. Why not?

• Spare_Them_Mori_Me
    Spare_Them_Mori_Me Member Posts: 1,176
    Options

Clearly meta is fluid. One could argue due to Distortion popularity, Lethal gives too much info. Killer seems to be the safest option.

• duygu
    duygu Member Posts: 270
    edited April 17
    Options

the 2 perks despite being mediocre are licensed and if you wanna never spend real money on the game you should get them now and then get the 'free' killers later.

• OmegaXII
    Options

Normally I agree, but both these perks are from Licensed Killers which are behind paywall (More expensive even)

That's why I'm considering

• OmegaXII
    Options

I probably won't buy those DLCs, as they're more expensive, and Killers are not that interesting to play..

• ArkInk
    ArkInk Member Posts: 319
    Options

If you don't want either of the chapters and can't ever see yourself buying the killers, then def go for it! They're certainly good perks to have on hand.

• jmwjmw27
    jmwjmw27 Member Posts: 262
    Options

I would recommend saving the shards as you get more bang for your buck buying a killer/survivor (getting both the character and the 3 teachable perks). But if you do not ever plan on buying these chapters, it might be better to get Lethal/Surge from the shrine now, since they will go away and might not be back for a while. Unlicensed characters will probably never go away.

• Batusalen
    Batusalen Member Posts: 1,210
    edited April 17
    Options

If you don't plan to buy Nemesis or Demo anytime soon then yes, it is worth grabbing both perks. They allow for a lot of good builds and you can always farm more fragments, while you maybe won't have the chance to get those perks for free again in the future.

• ExcelSword
    ExcelSword Member Posts: 443
    Options

You know part of me feels really strange that the fact that if OP had started playing DBD a year ago, he would have had access to surge as a free generic perk.

I know that the perk was originally implemented as DLC, then when they had the license gone they added it to the general pool rather than taking the perk away as well. If anything, that is making paid content free for no benefit to BHVR, it is commendable.

But now that Stranger Things is back, those perks are again locked behind a paywall, or the shrine.

It just feels…not wrong, but not right either.

• TWS001
    TWS001 Member Posts: 119
    Options

Get the perks if you're never going to get the killers associated with them. In two months it'll be the Anniversary event and the killers you want will very likely be 4500 shards each going off what's happened past years.

• radiantHero23
    radiantHero23 Member Posts: 3,045
    Options

Killers are more worth it in the long run, perks are good right now.

Surge an lethal are incredibly good though.

Ultimately depends on you and if you want to eventually spend money for Demo and Nemesis.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,060
    Options

Unless you plan on buying the killers any time soon, go for it. Both are great perks and will likely not return in the shrine any time soon.

• Unusedkillername
    Unusedkillername Member Posts: 105
    Options

Both are great perks but the shrine is a bit of a scam for 2k each so if you do not plan on spending the money on the killers I'd go for it but if at any point you may buy the killer I'd save the 9k

• OmegaXII
    Options

Too bad I took a break before it became free, and came back just as the DLC became available again… Unlucky TT

• BlightedDolphin
    BlightedDolphin Member Posts: 1,596
    Options

Yeah it really screwed new players over. They should’ve added some more generic perks to make up for the removal of them.

• SkeletalElite
    SkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,660
    Options

They're both from licensed characters so if you don't plan on spending money absolutely pick them up.

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 1,967
    edited April 17
    Options

Get Lethal for sure and save the rest of the shards for the other character you plan on buying.

• Sandt1985
    Sandt1985 Member Posts: 190
    Options

…………Did you just call Lethal Pursuer and Surge mediocre?? Thats like saying Mike Tyson was above average in his prime!

• Funky_lPunk
    Funky_lPunk Member Posts: 47
    Options

Lethal has to be my most addictive perk, i cannot play without it, i'd say get it asap but if ur fine spending a buck on the game it comes with one of the most fun killers in the game. Surge works well on m1 kilelrs so it more depends if ur mains are like slinger, clown, doctor or more like nurse, bubba, huntress. That dlc also comes with a real fun killer and amazing surv perks.

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,013
    edited April 19
    Options

Lethal Pursuer definitely, as its extremely good for a fast start and also enhances any other aura perks you use. It is a very flexible perk to build around, and is useful for almost every killer.

Surge is a little more niche. It's good perk to have, but you dont really need it. It only works really for killers who down with m1s, and those killers have other options like Pain Res, Pop, Overcharge, Oppression that give similar value. It also doesn't have a lot to build around with, it sits on its own and does its own thing, and isn't really enhanced by other perks.

So for the sake of cost effectiveness, I'd just get Lethal.

• 09SHARKBOSS
    09SHARKBOSS Member Posts: 1,143
    edited April 19
    Options

as a dredge main myself get lethal. it works so well with darkness revealed which is a dredge perk

and if you ever want help with dredge just put @09SHARKBOSS and ask away and that goes for everyone i promise

p.s. that also goes for strats against dredge as well as for it