We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Background player & Flashbangs are overpowered and I am tired pretending they are not

Options
Chocolate_Cosmos
Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,267
edited April 17 in Feedback and Suggestions

Background player

• Removes any counterplay killer can have
  • Makes pallet rescues from miles away
  • Makes flashbangs 100% saves from any angle, any situation and any position killer can be in.

Flashbangs

• AoE Blind where Killer don't even see the flashbang on their screen
  • No sound warning when facing any wall
  • Removes the only counterplay to flashlight saves = facing a tall object.
  • 100% Rescues if you know the timing (easy to learn)
  • Its a perk, so killer can't see it in lobby and be warned about it being in the match.

Also I see very offten in my games Background and Flashbangs almost every game nowdays and I am tired of this. I made a mistake today playing once without Lightborn and got punished for it heavily with Background and Flashbangs, so no thank you. Lightborn is perma perk now. You can't even see it in lobby since its perk so there is no warning unlike Flashlights.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• radiantHero23
    radiantHero23 Member Posts: 3,045
    edited April 17
    Options

I think the Perk is unhealthy design. Is it strong? Depends.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • ButterFlee13
    ButterFlee13 Member Posts: 261
    Options

I'm Killer player myself. I dont think it is op for these perks.

The thing is, they can save their team mate for 1 times, next time I down them, you just check surrounding for spread pressure maybe.

Also, I think these perks make survivor gameplay more interesting.

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 1,668
    Options

Unlike ftp/buckle these perk have high pick rates and way easier to use (both top 20 on nightligh if u care about that)

I personally don't mind it as killer but it definitely overpowering no debate.

• StereoGang
    StereoGang Member Posts: 64
    Options

Flashbang are mostly fine I think. You still need to get close by to make it work, which puts you at risk and open counterplay for the killer (same as flashlight, where you can bait by making look like you're about to pick a downed survivor).

On the other hand, background player sure is an unhealthy perk. It make saves way easier while almost nullifying the risk of getting close since... well, you no longer have to be close to make the save. You even have enough speed to get to safty is you mess up the save. If the killer down someone under a palet, then gg, he might as well not even waste his time trying to pick-up.

• Archol123
    Archol123 Member Posts: 3,215
    edited April 17
    Options

The issue is background player not necessarily flashbang. Usually you can just have a quick look around and when the survivors are a certain distance away you can pick up relatively safe, with background player however the distance just becomes ridiculous, they are able to cover so much ground and it is somewhat foolproof, because the speedboost only activates on pick up, so you cannot even trick them by pretending to pick up. Background player should get looked at for those reasons, the rest is fine though.

• caligraph
    caligraph Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 248
    Options

both of them are fine, the problem is the recent bug that lets a survivor walk through the killer and drop the flashbang inside them.

• RFSa09
    RFSa09 Member Posts: 599
    Options

the issue is background player (and the SFX bug from the flashbang) it has 0 counterplay as 99% of the killer and waste almost no time between doing gens and saving your team, being altruistic is not bad for your team in any way if you know what are you doing

• Ohyakno
    Ohyakno Member Posts: 228
    Options

Recent? Survivors have always lost collision with the killer during animations.

• HolyDarky
    HolyDarky Member Posts: 225
    Options

I wouldn't call the combination overpowered. In case of Background Player, I think this perk is unhealthy and should be 150% again instead of 200%. If a survivor goes down under a palette or in the open, it is nearly a lose-lose-situation for the killer because a decent Background Player will always have enough distance to be not in danger but still manage to rescue. Survivors should be able to rescue another survivor with pallete or falshlight yes, but not completly for free with this perk - the perk removes completly any risk on the survivor side.

falshbangs on the other hand, they should fix the bug where a survivor can walk through the killer when they are in an animation and get the safe even when the killer faces a wall. Otherwise, falshbangs are fine. But I guess this has no high priority for the developers.

• LeFennecFox
    LeFennecFox Member Posts: 1,091
    edited April 18
    Options

Flashbangs are fine it's just background player removing any risk that survivors had to take before to get in range to save survivors. You can't bait a 200% 5s SB survivor unless they're not the smartest. Everyone might be missing another important thing as well having a higher FOV increases the angles you can be blinded from which has always been a thing with stretched res/shadowborn beforehand.

• vol4r
    vol4r Member Posts: 78
    Options