We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Chapter Concept: Deadly Reservation

Options
MattBoiXD
MattBoiXD Member Posts: 1

Killer: The Chef

• General Info:
    • Name: Goût Qui Tue
    • Nationality: French
    • Movement Speed: 4.6 m/s
    • Height: Tall
    • Terror Radius: 28 m
    • Weapon: Henckels Knife
  • Power: Deadly Dinner Service
    • Around the map, there will be several stoves where the Chef can utilize obtained ingredients to cook a dish. Survivors can interact with the stoves and disable them for 30 seconds, however the Chef will be notified when a stove is disabled. When consuming a dish, each dish will benefit the Chef in different ways depending on the ingredients used. Each dish requires 3 ingredients. The Chef can carry a maximum of 3 ingredients. 
    • Ingredients:
      • Ribeye Beef: Obtained when hitting a survivor with a basic attack.
      • Blood Orange: Obtained when the Chef is stunned by any means.
      • Shiitake Mushrooms: Obtained when kicking a generator.
    • Dish Combinations and Effects:
      • 3 Ribeyes: Survivors become Exposed for 30 seconds.
      • 3 Oranges: The Chef gains 15% Haste for 30 seconds.
      • 3 Mushrooms: The Chef becomes Undetectable for 30 seconds.
      • 2 Ribeyes, 1 Orange: Survivors become Exposed and the Chef gains 5% Haste for 20 seconds.
      • 2 Ribeyes, 1 Mushroom: Survivors become Exposed and the Chef becomes Undetectable for 20 seconds.
      • 2 Oranges, 1 Ribeye: The Chef gains 10% Haste and Killer Instinct for 20 seconds.
      • 2 Oranges, 1 Mushroom: The Chef gains 10% Haste and becomes Undetectable for 20 seconds.
      • 2 Mushrooms, 1 Ribeye: The Chef becomes Undetectable and gains Killer Instinct for 20 seconds.
      • 2 Mushrooms, 1 Orange: The Chef becomes Undetectable and 5% Haste for 20 seconds.
      • 1 of Each Ingredients: The Chef becomes Undetectable, gains 15% Haste and Survivors become Exposed for 60 seconds.

• Unique Perks:
    • Hex: Dinner Rush: At the start of the trial, the Killer gains 5% Haste. Every time a generator is completed, the Killer gains an additional 3% Haste. When the final generator is completed, the Killer gains 10% Haste for 60 seconds.
    • Scourge Hook: Chef’s Kiss: At the start of the trial, 3 random hooks will become  Scourge Hooks. When hooking a Survivor on a Scourge hook, all survivors become Oblivious and Broken for 45 seconds.
    • 5 Star Service: At the start of the trial, a random Survivor will become the Obsession. Whenever the Killer starts a chase with the Obsession, the Killer gains an extended lunge distance and a reduced cooldown on Basic Attacks. Once the Killer has gained Bloodlust while chasing the Obsession, the Obsession becomes Exposed until the chase has ended.

Survivor: Khali Daran

• General Info:
    • Origin: Vietnam
    • Role: Sous-chef
  • Unique Perks:
    • Dine and Dash: After completing a generator that you were working on, you gain Haste for 10 seconds. You become Exhausted once Haste expires. This perk goes on a 60 second cooldown.
    • Boon: Kitchen Prep: Gain the ability to bless a dull totem into a Boon. Within a 25 meter radius around the totem, generators can be repaired 20% faster.
    • The Customer is Always Right: When healing another survivor, if a skill check is missed, the survivor receiving the healing will see the aura of the killer for 30 seconds every 60 seconds until the exit gates are powered.

I made this for two main reasons. First, the love of my life (also the inspiration for Khali Daran) is an amazing cook and I was inspired by her. Second, I was honestly surprised by the fact that there is no chef-themed killer in DBD yet.

Let me know your thought/ideas/suggestions.

Comments

• Raconteurminator
    Raconteurminator Member Posts: 594
    edited April 18
    Options

I like the concept of resource management and utilisation. Looking at the list of effects, I can also see why the blood orange has a steeper requirement to get, as it's used in all of the most powerful combinations. I don't think the power is particularly complicated, but it does seem like something Behaviour would deem too complicated for the average player and dumb down significantly.

With the exception of Chef's Kiss and Dine and Dash (which is a really great name for the perk), I think the other perks either are, or have the potential to be, massively broken. The Customer is Always Right is just a super-powered Object of Obsession with a minimal activation cost, no downside, and a duration that's close enough to permanent to make no real difference. To balance it out and pick one from the Killer side; 5 Star Service is overpowered by itself, but combined with a multitude of perks that can swap the Obsession pretty much on demand, it's going to lack counter-play.

Last part of your post, kinda wholesome, not gonna lie.