how do people even play solo Q these days?

Options

like every game is tunnel/proxy camp and slugfest. don't forget the same NPC killers (blight,nurse,wesker,spirit,billy) like is no one getting tired of playing the same killer every game? and with 4x slowdown and cringe humping on the ground. and to make it even worse, when you having a long chase, nobody does gens. i even saw a p100 claud just using urban around the whole map when i was hooked like this makes me so happy that i'm never playing solo and just waiting for my friends to come online since i know they are reliable and do gens/unhooks. anyone else also having horrible games every game with bad teammates and to top it off with strong killers?

Comments

• crogers271
    crogers271 Member Posts: 1,333
    Options

The challenge and trying to work together with people you can't talk to makes it appealing to me. Yeah, it can be incredibly frustrating, but an amazing experience when it comes together.

• Onako
    Onako Member Posts: 63
    Options

We suffer more than anything.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 12,919
    Options

Yeah I agree with this. Very rarely are any of issues related to the killer or how he’s playing. The majority of the time my frustrations are just bad teammates.

• Boons123
    Boons123 Member Posts: 695
    Options

I play solo player because I don't have friends who play with me or are interested in this game

• Halloulle
    Halloulle Member Posts: 1,050
    Options

I treat it like a research experiement at this point by tracking SoloQ matches on nightlight. It does make for an intersting thing. - According NL my escape rate sits at around 30-something percent and the overall escape rate as well (I do not count matches where people DCd early on (cutoff point: less than four minutes into the match, two gens popped or three hook stages) or farming matches - I'm interested in the stats for matches that were actually played). I haven't too many matches tracked that way though, so we'll see if that's where it stabilises or if it changes.

What I do notice, however, is that matchmaking seems to be very deliberate. If I escaped two times in a row, the next match I get some kind of really high tier killer who stomps and has everyone killed in five minutes. If I die more than four times in a row the next match is a group of pretty decent survivors and a killer even I can run on more or less nothing for 90+ seconds (which doesn't usually help cause these killers then promptly start to tunnel. Bonus points for egc being "I'm UsuAlLy cHilL buT yOu cLeaRly wAnTed to WiN, sO I hAd to!!! - gEn RusH!!!" like, yes, matchmaking screwed you, I can see that - but please have some self awareness and some self respect.)

Other than that? Rift challenges when a Rift is open.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 8,968
    Options

Select survivor and click ready.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,417
    Options

You just hope that you'll have decent teammates and a killer that isn't playing like they're going for the Taco Bell gift card.

• caligraph
    caligraph Member Posts: 286
    Options

You're exaggerating, I play solo and do just fine. Its not that different of an experience than playing with friends unless you're unlucky enough to get bad teammates.

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,013
    edited April 18
    Options

Johnny Xman! Not the TB gift card…🤣😂☠️. This dude!!

Post edited by Nun_So_Vile on
  • Beatricks
    Beatricks Member Posts: 857
    Options

Mostly by not.

Whatever MMR loosening they did in March to help with que times completely killed what little accuracy SBMM still had. I haven't had a single match in two months that I would classify was as balanced. 15-20 games where everyone is dead by the time 2 gens are left, then one trial with a killer who gets 2 hooks during the entire game and then rinse and repeat.

I've never played this few games since I picked up DBD.

• devoutartist
    devoutartist Member Posts: 57
    Options

that's the neat thing you dont if you're a good player you're better be good hope to loop him for 5 gens and then hope that you dont die by the time there done even if they don't know how to touch the sweets gens

• RFSa09
    RFSa09 Member Posts: 599
    Options

am i the only person who never always see that ´´full meta tryhard´´ stuff from killers?