What are some overrated meta perks?

Options
Tyler3
Tyler3 Member Posts: 40

Controversial I know, but I've never liked Windows of Opportunity. After playing the game for just a couple of weeks, I pretty much already knew every pallet spawn and vault location on each map. I feel so confused when I see P100 players using this perk, like, why would they need it? In my opinion, it seems like a perk for absolute beginners. Am I missing something? Anyway, which meta perks do you think are overrated?

Comments

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,281
    Options

Surge.

Like its okay for M1 Killers but its very map dependent and bit RNG on where you down a Survivor and even when it triggers its nothing huge anyway.

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,013
    Options

I'd go with this one too. There's other options i'd choose in my build for sure that do the same thing but give more consistent value.

• Chaosrider
    Chaosrider Member Posts: 396
    Options

Didnt know that there are still people thinking WOO has something to do with gamesense. Sad.

• CarlAlc7
    CarlAlc7 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 77
    Options

Grim Embrace. It's still not that good by itself and even paired with Deam Man's Switch it's not the OP combo people made it out to be when it got buffed (which is why now almost everyone stopped caring about this combo entirely and went back to complaining about Pain Res and Pop lmao).

• arcaneGospel
    arcaneGospel Member Posts: 176
    Options

I mean, if it does something else of note, please, elucidate me.

• Belzher
    Belzher Member Posts: 402
    Options

WoO is good but it makes the screen poluted IMO

• LegacySmikey
    LegacySmikey Applicant, Member Posts: 528
    Options

Windows is definitely overated in my opinion, sure I have 7 years & probably more hours than almost anyone on this forum but the only time I play windows is adept kate.

Also as a killer I love windows players! & their easy to spot because they'll drop pallet after pallet after pallet (hey it shows windows too you know!) 2 maybe even 3 gens pop & then more often than not they all get killed (last or meg gets hatch) because some idiot wasted all the pallets & screwed their team!

• ImWinston
    ImWinston Member Posts: 134
    Options

Hyperfocus, the most overrated perk ever. I'm sure anyone thinks it's "very powerful" has never played a survivor game in their life. Is this an atrocious perk? No, but there are much more powerful perks for rushing gens (my opinion)

• 100PercentBPMain
    100PercentBPMain Member Posts: 285
    Options

Pain Res simultaneously became worse but also more sweaty and toxic.I hate it, and I want the original back.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 12,919
    Options

Not quite meta but popular. I think Endurance and Brutal Strength are ridiculously overrated. They’re feel good perks that I think people feel have way more of an impact than they actually do compared to alternatives.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,245
    Options

Off the Record for Survivor. It is not 80 seconds of Endurance, it is as much Endurance as the Killer allows. Could be a long time, could be 1 second when hit right after the Unhook. Terrible Anti-Tunnel Tool since none of the effects do anything against tunneling.

For Killer, Bamboozle (not sure if this can be called Meta). I think it is just a Perk which makes Killer players play worse because instead of trying to mindgame structures, they just vault a Window and block it.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,100
    Options

Rapid Brutality. It's a worse STBFL even after the nerf and combining both doesn't give you anything STBFL wouldn't give you on its own.

• CarlAlc7
    Options

"It is not 80 seconds of Endurance, it is as much Endurance as the killer allows".

Weird flex and a plain wrong one at that lol.

• Aven_Fallen
    Options

Nope, not wrong at all. You can just hit the Survivor after the Unhook and all measurements of Endurance are removed.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 6,501
    Options

brutal strength is like anti-fun looping perk for survivor because the killer that use it only use it to zone pallet breaks in the corner of the map. it is free hit if killer has correct movement logic so your disincentives from using certain pallets when the killer has it. Lethal pursuer is probably my favourite perk as survivor to face. I love it when killers use a perk that disappears faster then hex totems. the perk screen always makes me chuckle when I see Lethal pursuer.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 12,919
    Options
  • duygu
    duygu Member Posts: 280
    Options

its gotta be wholesome pursuer. corrupt intervention ends up doing the same thing since survivors move closer to the killer for open gens. besides you can approximate the spawn location of survivors without any perk anyway. i've had trouble finding survivors at the beginning of the match only in horrible maps like RPD.

• LeFennecFox
    LeFennecFox Member Posts: 1,111
    Options

The entire benefit of WoO is that you can see the rng of the map without manually checking. A bad player runs at yellow aura a good player sees a very strong window setup while walking to a gen and already have a plan on how to use it.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,433
    Options

Yup, it's one of the reasons i don't like using it. All the auras give me sensory overload.

• RoguePatriot
    RoguePatriot Member Posts: 10
    Options

Most perks i hate that are over rated are almost necessary if you are playing to win... pain res forsure even though i like it and run it myself...i wish we could buff our way out of metas instead of nerfing perks, make every perk op for both sides and youll see more of a variety with no one build being "the meta"

• ratcoffee
    ratcoffee Member Posts: 1,019
    Options

Agreed on Windows. It's good, particularly for new players, but it is maybe overvalued; particularly at a higher level Any Means provides the ability to reset pallets and Alert gives you information on the killer's whereabouts, albeit with the downside of having to remember which pallets got kicked.

• IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,593
    edited April 19
    Options

It is not overrated. It is very good and "mandatory" in the two chainsaw killers, in Myers it is good because synergizes with its power and in Wraith it is good because synergizes with Shadow Dance addons. Aside those killers almost nobody use Bamboozle.

• SoGo
    SoGo Member Posts: 301
    Options

Adrenaline. You rarely get to the endgame anyway.

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,853
    Options

Generally, most slowdowns are overrated. Their effect's only trigger frequently if the Survivors are bad in chase. Have a Survivor who is a good looper, the Perks won't do anything most of the time. In that case I'll rather have 1 or 2 less slowdowns and have a chase Perk instead.

• JeanGreyarea
    JeanGreyarea Member Posts: 358
    Options

deliverance because it’s only good in swf

• Aven_Fallen
    Options

I mean, I see the point why to play it on those Killers. For me it is a brain-rot Perk. Instead of learning how to run Tiles, you just learn to vault the Window.

And well, I have seen it on Legion and Wesker as well and on some M1-Killers as well.

• WaveyTrey
    WaveyTrey Member Posts: 633
    edited April 19
    Options

WoO is best for Solo Q. Typically when someone else uses the resources during their chase.

Like “Nah, the pallets are gone, not going there!” or “Someone used the pallet, but there’s two jungle gyms connecting. I can run him/her here!”

You can also use AMN. To see where pallets got dropped/destroyed. Then reset the pallets if the killer doesn’t break them.

Surprisingly enough Zanshin does the same for Artist. Knowing where the resources are lets her set up her powers in advance.

• blackfox0408_fr_
    blackfox0408_fr_ Member Posts: 78
    Options

It just gives free time of no gens, it is the killer's fault to not do things in that time

Ok you play against billy, you get hooked, then he goes elsewhere, you don't touch a gen, get healed, he comes back and would have you downed by hitting you with a chainsaw but you have otr.

This was just an exemple as to why this perk is good, it is an anti slow tunnel. And you being quiet, make you more annoying to catch (if you are good at the game) and you are undetectable.

And you better have bam on some maps (garden of joy(main building)) but in TLs i agree, but still i don't think the perk itself is overrated.

Lethal Pursuer is quite a special perk, but the real reason why it is overrated is distorsion(no need to explain for me), because corrupt forces the survivors to come to you but you still don't know where they are at that time, and for me the reason that corrupt is better is arguably false and lethal is Ok even possibly better than corrupt for high mobility killer (billy, blight), there are reasons why tournaments ban aura perks.

It is strong but is very situationnal, and is so powerful it is reasonnable to say it's nearly game breaking, but i do not agree that you cannot play it in soloQ BUT you have to play in a way that is very special that not all ppl do well enough, if you want to play it, play in a way where it is valuable and instant unhook yourself to prompt your solo Q teammates to do gens, but at the same time you cannot do that as well as in swf but it is still valuable …

• blackfox0408_fr_
    blackfox0408_fr_ Member Posts: 78
    Options

I would say pain res because it is way more random than it seems and is not that strong in truth, and is rather strong on stronger killer and it is very good to beat ppl who are already losing …

• Chaosrider
    Chaosrider Member Posts: 396
    Options

Gamesense doesnt help you to identify which pallets are gone while teammates got chased, which rng on windows is going on nor which doors are shut down.

• CarlAlc7
    Options

Except even in that case you still tank the hit which gives the possibility to run away. Killers tend to wait base kit BT but they won't wait 80 seconds of protection, so an extra hit is guaranteed if they tunnel you with OTR, which is want the perk's supposed to give you to begin with, not complete impossibility of getting downed during that timeframe.

Also as someone who constantly runs OTR I don't have a problem in avoiding getting hit right off hook. Seems like a case of either you or your teammates (or most likely both) playing badly which in return makes the perk look bad, which I'm not surprised about considering what other takes I've seen from you.

• Unusedkillername
    Unusedkillername Member Posts: 107
    edited April 19
    Options

I would not say its got nothing to do with gamesence as when you get better at the game how you use it changes but i do think your wrong in how you think its only good if you've got no gamesense.

Because it lets you know exactly what you have at all times to use and most maps are randomly generated and the pallet placements also are. It also becomes better in the hands of better players because they will know everything that's safe first chase and then burn it first and because the earlygame is the most important point even if you burn through pallets very quickly if you are playing it correctly you will most likely win regardless unless some very silly survivor mistakes let the killer stockpile pressure. Against anything but the extremely strong killers it's really too strong (because burning the strongest pallets early and linking them together is more effective against weaker killers like the M1s it also is extremely unhealthy)

I think it's the most misunderstood perk in the game because a lot of people think it is only good for new players as it is an aura perk that teaches you some things at the start but in actuality, it's just straight-up very powerful in the hands of good players.

• caligraph
    caligraph Member Posts: 286
    Options

a lot of soloQ players use it to know hich pallets have been dropped since their teammates cant do callouts

• Aven_Fallen
    Options

A Killer notices immediatly when the Survivor has OTR since there is no grunts of pain. No Killer is then stupid enough to wait out 10 seconds just to get hit with OTR.

• CarlAlc7
    edited April 19
    Options
    Post edited by EQWashu on
  • GroßusSchmiedus
    GroßusSchmiedus Member Posts: 446
    edited April 19
    Options

Lethal Pursuer, there are a couple good perks that can give you reliable information at the beginning of a game and give more consistant value through the entire match.

I also have grown to despise corrupt intervention, while there is little wrong with the perk itself 8/10 when i see it its a A or S tier Killer tunneling the first person they see, sweating like its a tournament final.