We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Is it joke?

Options
fussy
fussy Member Posts: 1,073

Any living soul said it was too strong? It needsbuff, not nerf, if anything.
This update is such a mess, i don't remember worse update in a while.

Comments

• Tatariu
    Tatariu Member Posts: 2,877
    Options

RIP some of the coolest add-ons in DBD. Now they're boring number add-ons.

• fussy
    Options

Summoning Stone didn't need any change, i loved it and it was good addon. Not very useful or consistent, but i loved it anyway.
    Soul Chemical was very meh addon, but this change isn't better, especially after nerf from PTB. I don't get how they went to it lol.

• fussy
    Options

Didn't you suggest to make all Blight's addon just status effects?

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,331
    Options

I'm not sure why these were nerfed either. The issue on the PTB wasn't that these addons were too strong (if anything they were too weak - why would you want increased speed or rush duration only on the first rush where you can't attack?) but rather that they were replacing the old effects of these addons which were cool and unique, even if they weren't very powerful. If they wanted to make these addons more appealing they could've just increased the ranges on both of the old effects rather than just replacing them with stat increases. Not only are the new effects uninteresting, they have very little benefit and won't see any use.

I just don't understand how these got nerfed and meanwhile Iridescent Blight Tag still exists and is completely overpowered.

• Tatariu
    Tatariu Member Posts: 2,877
    edited April 18
    Options

That is an awful simplification of my suggestions. If I recall, most Blight players didn't like it because it was actually balanced and removed his broken stat altering add-ons.

Some add-ons were perception based, inflicting Oblivious or Blindness; others were focused on pressure, such as inflicting Mangled, or causing Survivors to drop their items. That's fairly standard, but at least its something more tangible and provides interesting strategies rather than running 10% faster.

Here's a super easy add-on I suggested that is infinitely more interesting than the reworked add-ons by BVHR.

• During a Rush, the repair progress of generators can be determined by the intensity of their auras. This is very good for information.

Part of the reason I stopped creating those kind of posts is simply because people don't like change for good, nor do they understand how to approach the balance conversations rationally and with the interests of the game's health in mind.

• HolyDarky
    HolyDarky Member Posts: 228
    Options

Agree, Summoning Stone was not that good but with this nerf, it will be completly useless. Soul Chemical was okay but now also useless. If the developers want to balance Blight by nerfing his Add-ons, they should nerf his real problematic Add-ons. But these two were completly fine.

• Ohyakno
    Ohyakno Member Posts: 247
    Options

I recall the post and I'm sorry, but your add-on ideas were very cookie cutter. I don't play or particularly like blight but I see creative addons as good for the game as a whole. Standardizing add-ons so every killer does the same stuff with them isn't interesting.

• fussy
    Options

They probably changed them, because they weren't popular and well, that's understandable. Blight has better options if you want play optimally. Especially if you wanna be good with m2 hits and have antiloop, you obligated to bring speed addons.
    I wish they at least left alone Stone, Soul Chemical wasn't good addon anyway.
    And what about Iri Tag: it's fine now, after hugtech gone. Blight had 20% after second rush and had 5 tokens with double speed, now it's 3 tokens with flat 20%. Only nerf i can see to it is increase token recharge time slightly, because 3 tokens is a big downside and good buff in the same time (because of less cd time).

because people don't like change for good

KEKW, what a self-confidence. Yeah, make killer with best addon variety have worst addon variety is definately good. I remember your post and it was easily worst Blight suggestion i've ever read here. Addon you mentioned was the only good suggestion if i remember correctly and i wish they can give this effect to Soul Chemical.

• fussy
    Options

I don't think he has "problematic" addons now. Without hugtech he relies on speed almost as much as old Billy on Engravings. Double Iri is kinda brain off option, i agree, but both addons are fair on themselves and it's killer with two best addons, it's should feel stronger. Double Iri Plague, double Iri Billy arguably even stronger, but no one crying about them, because, well, we are overfixated on Blight's hate.

• LeFennecFox
    LeFennecFox Member Posts: 1,111
    Options

I'd be very careful giving strong m2 killers hemm/mangled addons nurse getting a mangled addon is criminal enough

• SoGo
    SoGo Member Posts: 292
    Options

Honestly, I think that the bast way to balance him is to leave his base kit as it was before this patch and focus on the addons exclusively.

• Ohyakno
    Ohyakno Member Posts: 247
    Options

It's wild that nurse gets a mangled addon for just hitting a guy

• MikhailVictor
    MikhailVictor Member Posts: 315
    edited April 19
    Options

This has to be a joke, right?

You've taken two interesting albeit weak addons, butchered them into something completely useless and boring on PTB (another speed and distance LMAO) and then nerfed them AGAIN? So apparently 10% extra speed for ONE non-lethal rush is considered too much, but 20% for every rush is fine? Is chatgpt making those decisions, i don't get the logic.

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 2,988
    Options

I don't know what possessed them to rework these addons, and THEN decide that they were too overpowered? Who was complaining about these in either state?

• fussy
    Options

And on which addons they need focus? Community cries about Iri Tag, I get it. What else you think need changes?