How do you feel about the old “forever Freddy” addons?

Options

and title aside

What do you think if they make a comeback with the new gen mechanic and how would you feel like if other killers had addons similar to the ones used in forever Freddy

Answers

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 4,978
    Options

Forever Freddy can stay dead, sorry @GeneralV .

While I don’t want 5 minute games, I definitely don’t want any match to feel like it’s dragging on. 10-15 minutes is the sweet spot. I’d go so far as to force end matches at the 25 minute mark.

As for add-ons. They should accentuate or change up the killers play style like how Tombstone and Scratched Mirror do for Myers. Numbers add-ons are just boring.

Freddy needs a complete rework that lets him keep his teleport (should be slightly buffed), brings back what made him fun and unique on release, makes the being in the dream world more threatening and do whatever else the General wants.

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,281
    Options

He needs some serious buffs first in base kit.

Better a rework tho.

• OneGoodBoyDemo
    OneGoodBoyDemo Member Posts: 377
    Options

The weak version of SM, hell no.

• LeFennecFox
    LeFennecFox Member Posts: 1,111
    Options

Addons should never have gen regression/gen slowdown built in just creates problems

• D0NN1ED4RK0
    D0NN1ED4RK0 Member Posts: 708
    Options

I think that’s more of a problem with the killers kit

Freddy had these 2 addons on his kit and they were problematic meanwhile ghostface has drivers license yet nobody complains about that addon

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,335
    Options

I think gen regression/slowdown addons are usually bad design and it should be reserved only for perks. Legion’s iridescent that regresses gens during Frenzy is the only one I actually kinda like. (I know Driver’s License also exists, imo that addon should not be a thing.)

That said, the current Freddy addons that replaced the old slowdown addons are kinda bad and should probably be reworked again.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 6,501
    edited April 19
    Options

They made freddy a good killer because stacking of anti-heal in combination of gen-delay would mean that most survivor would become exposed as the time to heal took very long.

This was freddy's design. I believe reason why freddy is not being buffed/changed even though he is on par with the worst killer is because dev refuse to bring back these add-on that completely defined his gameplay style. survivor did not like this gameplay style so it got gutted. they didn't even bother to nerf. they straight up removed it. that gives a large clue for how despised these add-on were.

All the perks that have -action speed also have chronic drawbacks.

Dying light has 3 of them. +healing, immunity obsession, kills itself when the person dies.

Thanatophobia has no anti-heal and requires 4 survivor to be injured.

Gift of pain has scourge hook drawback, requirement to heal and i believe they even nerfed the action speed penalty to 9%. they're supposedly meant to fix the perk to 16% but i can't not think that this was an intended change.

I am going disregard hex:penti but it has hex drawback.

you can take a hint from the perks for odds of these add-on and freddy coming back are.

• lagosta
    lagosta Member Posts: 1,865
    Options

Good riddance.

There are better ways to slow down a game with a killer power (RBT, Tapes) than just slapping a generic penalty to actions.

• Snowbawlzzz
    Snowbawlzzz Member Posts: 1,405
    Options

Bringing them back would be an extremely cheap and lame way to buff him

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,013
    edited April 19
    Options

All i'd say is put that thing back where it came from

• 100PercentBPMain
    100PercentBPMain Member Posts: 285
    Options

I just want z block back.

Making healthy survivors bleed was such an odd effect, but it was unique.